Review Round 3, 2019 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Robinson, you make me sick. Flopped at every opportunity, every tackle he laid bordered on a sling, and he sucked the umpires in by acting "hit" any time there was a hint of high contact. The worst was the Lycett incident where his head went back faster than JFK's in Dallas.

No doubt it would have been Ken that gave him a vote.
Hopefully he will be caught out soon enough.

Got to finally watch the replay last night. I had Dan H as one of the better players on the night, but he had a very ordinary 1st Quarter defensively.
Also I didn't realise he was the one who gave the 50 to Hipwood for a goal, not that I know what it was for.
The preamble to the game was interesting with Foxtel showing our "back shoulder" defensive set up. Quite enjoyed watching it and wish there were more tactical insights offered.
Could you please stop being so negative SIR.

It was such weird voting:

Coach 1 (Fagan)

Neale - 5
Rozee - 4
Rich - 3
Hipwood - 2
Robinson - 1

Coach 2 (Kern)

Neale - 5
Hipwood - 4
Rozee - 3
Powell-Pepper 2
Boak - 1

One coach knew that it was only the efforts of Neale and Hipwood that won Brisbane the game. The other coach thought that four Brisbane players were best on ground.

Brisbane pushed us last year and beat us this year for the same reasons WCE beat us. Brisbane adopted the same game style as WCE last year against us. It is why Essendon has troubled us. Our talls being poor in the air and our shorter back line explains it.

I honestly have to apologise to everyone. This loss was 100% my fault.

I was Abel Tasman National Park in NZ all weekend so had no way of watching or listening. Monday night we moved camp (but still out of range) so I jumped in my car and drove until I had a skerrick of signal, then sat in the dark for an hour as the game downloaded to the Watch AFL app. When I got back to the van the missus was seriously pissed because I was gone so long that she thought I was dead and she was stranded with 2 kids and no phone reception.

Throughout this whole process - in my heart of hearts - I knew what was gonna happen. I had never gone to so much trouble to watch a game before.

As the game unfolded all I could think about was needing the warm hug of this review thread to make it all better.

capture-410.jpg

Obviously this does require a touch of Donnie Darko like time manipulation so I am working through that.

And PS - don't ever bother to Download a game to Watch AFL for offline viewing. Calling it potato quality is insulting to potatoes. I would hazard a guess that it is sub 200dpi. Absolutely baffling.

Neale with 16 clearances... what a freaking beast.

You must be real proud now missionpossible this guy is the best in the competition right now!

Proud of Rozee or Neale

Re: Neale I would love to claim that one but in that case I had the slows on him because his ball use was average at best

Rozee yep very proud that I called that I was high on him early last year when others were saying they were going cold on him. By the end of the year everyone was on him.

Proud of Rozee or Neale

Re: Neale I would love to claim that one but in that case I had the slows on him because his ball use was average at best

Rozee yep very proud that I called that I was high on him early last year when others were saying they were going cold on him. By the end of the year everyone was on him.
I thought you’d said in the past Neale and Broadbent were your favourites, must be misremembering!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back