Autopsy Round 3, 2024 :Hawks fail against Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Inconsistency, again, the killer.
The fact we used intensity to get back in that was a good sign and was fun to watch. Seemed like we lost the few moments that really flipped the momentum back in their favour. Pretty annoying we’ve come up against two sides already (Geelong, Essendon) that have been super clutch in front of goal, basically capitalising on every opportunity.

Worps, Nash, Wiz, Chol, Mackenzie all great. Our mosquito fleet looking good going forward.
Desperately need Day, Chad and CJ coming back in.

It's a pretty poor indictment that a mid season draftee, we poached from the Scum & arguably wasn't in our best 22 at round one ... is the best user of the ball we have.

Also, Frosty has been a revelation. So happy for him.

Meek Good
Umpires Bad
1st Quarter DIABOLICAL

The Boys Coffee GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Front may very well be leading the PCM at the moment, sensational start to the season from him IMO
Worpel has him easy I reckon.

Also Nash's game today not getting a lot of love.

24 disposals, 8 tackles 9 clearances. 71% efficiency. Hardly mentioned but in the wet that is a hell of a game.

I know sam Mitchell won't do this and the afl will accuse him of putting the game in 'disrepute' but there comes a time when you have to come out and defend a player, no matter the fine or punishment.

He needs to put into question the treatment of ginni and seriously question why he is treated in such manner, stand up for his player/s
Chris Scott would if one of his forwards copped it . He has before and would do it again .

At worst we need to be asking the question

Hasn’t set the world on fire but I strongly suspect Collingwood would prefer it if he didn’t play next week.
Probably, but at the moment, he is not scaring any backline, he is really down on confidence, and I have never seen him second guessing himself so much.

It's a pretty poor indictment that a mid season draftee, we poached from the Scum & arguably wasn't in our best 22 at round one ... is the best user of the ball we have.

Also, Frosty has been a revelation. So happy for him.
Or is it really good recruiting ????

I'm never to complain about umpires but sicily and ginnivan have different rules against them. Blatant unfair

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The insufficient intent/deliberate calls today were wild too

Stengles goal and about 3 others paid to Geelong but nothing paid out way re deliberate OOB

We smashed their midfield. Won:
I50s by 10
Clearances by 15
Hitouts by 10
Contested ball by 10
Squared the scoring shots.

Worpel clearly BOG.
Wards best game for us.
Same with McKenzie.
Meek is a keeper. Fantastic 2nd half.

Hoping Wiz is OK.

Bring in Butler and Ramsden.

I'm actually quite positive after watching that. I can see the blue sky.

The Ginni treatment is appalling. Something needs to be done.

The insufficient intent/deliberate calls today were wild too

Stengles goal and about 3 others paid to Geelong but nothing paid out way re deliberate OOB

That one which Stengle got v the 720 not htb v Hardwick dumped with no ball. Those were the worst from what I saw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worpel has him easy I reckon.

Also Nash's game today not getting a lot of love.

24 disposals, 8 tackles 9 clearances. 71% efficiency. Hardly mentioned but in the wet that is a hell of a game.

Nash was back to his best today.

Cleared the path for Worps alot too.

I know sam Mitchell won't do this and the afl will accuse him of putting the game in 'disrepute' but there comes a time when you have to come out and defend a player, no matter the fine or punishment.

He needs to put into question the treatment of ginni and seriously question why he is treated in such manner, stand up for his player/s
He is meant to be on Footy Classified tonight. Hopefully they all raise it and he says something about it

As mentioned in the game day thread.

Probably 10 minutes of the day dedicated to Ginnivan not getting high free kicks and Joel Selwood on special comments has zero. ZERO. to say. Fkcn coward. So is hodge for not calling him on it.
Pretty sure he wasn’t in the commentary box for that segment anyhow, but call him a coward if it make you feel better.

Don't think it's his style and it will look like whining. Besides I don''t think he will have to, this will be a big story this week as it should be. He might even get a few free's, but we will have to see if it lasts.

The first quarter was horrible again. And if I'm honest I (and I'd bet most people here) suspected the Cats would ease away again in the third after our second quarter comeback, which they duly did. Thereafter the game went its course with the result never being in doubt unfortunately.

The Cats ability to mark inside fifty was just about the difference; they have a good forward line and we are a bit depleted down back so that isn't a shock.

Lewis was a non-event other than one great grab and his under performance this season is now a serious worry given he is injured again. I said before a ball was kicked this year that he needed to make strides this season for us to progress and now he might only have half a season left to do so. I really think we need to look at a replacement for him, if only because his body lets him down so often. Thank God we got Chol!

Our midfield was better but the Cats midfield was not strong. Meek did ok but he wasn't playing on Gawn either. Still think he has to stay now - Ned took just one mark in the VFL this week and I seriously doubt he's going to suddenly re-emerge as a top ruck anytime soon.

McKenzie showed a lot today and seems to becoming the player we all hoped. Frosty did well. Worps was head and shoulders our best in my opinion.

I'm getting sick of rummaging through the wreckage to find the good! Most of the stats were even, they only had one more scoring shot, we won the clearances....all positives but really, Worps and Mackenzie aside, I didn't see a lot of leadership out there today. Maybe I just missed it in the rain! I'm wet, weary and sick of losing! Ignore me if I'm just whining!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back