Game Day Round 3, 2024 : Hawks Vs. Cats Easter Monday edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better effort! Crowd is up and about now too which is great. Great for Chol to slot a couple, and ripper of a mark to Lewis. Almost thought Frosty was bog for us at quarter time - words I never thought I'd utter.
Happy with Meek in the ruck this far.

Intensity somewhere in the ball park of what is required at afl. Why take a quarter to get there? You would think after last week we would have come out breathing fire.

Yep. And some individuals lifting their intensity to the level required. The chalk and cheese 1st and 2nd quarters are frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much better quarter and haven’t turned up their toes

Ginni omg unlucky - just does prove their is different rules for one over another

Hope the second half we keep that fight going and win or lose so long as we give it a red hot crack

No free kick against Stewart of course. If that was Sicily he would’ve been reported for that. After another high tackle not paid on Ginni and a shit advantage call. These umpires need to stop ruining the game.

Great response from the boys. Worps has been superb again, as has Frosty and Frenchie.

Much harder at the ball from guys like Nash, Sicily, Moore and Ward. Chol and Watson really got us going with their pressure and intensity. Hopefully Watson gets some rewards in the second half.

Geelong have nothing when we pressure them. Just have to be able to maintain it because they come out hard.

That's the spirit we want to see win or lose! Chol and Mackensie for mine turned the game the rest followed.

To be competitive this year we need to be hungry and clean simple stuff. Bring the ball to ground and hunt!
It's true, the more "simpler" we play the better.

Hunt the ball in the pack, hold our defensive structure down back, move it fast and make a contest in the forward line.

Much better effort! Crowd is up and about now too which is great. Great for Chol to slot a couple, and ripper of a mark to Lewis. Almost thought Frosty was bog for us at quarter time - words I never thought I'd utter.
Happy with Meek in the ruck this far.
Yeah, I found myself saying thank god for Frost!

One thing I'd like to call out - the assumption that a guy we picked in the pre-season who was passed on in multiple drafts would be a more serviceable key defender than Frost this year. Judged very harshly on an injury interrupted season last year, he was always going to be in the side unless we found an obvious replacement.

Frost worries me with his kicking and is prone to the odd dumb free kick against, but there was no way in hell he wasn't a best 22 key defender coming into this season.

Need to file a complaint that Ginnivan gets umpired differently to every other player.
3 times this game he’s been decapitated and they ignore it.
Not to mention that our players (Ginni included) can get knocked over out of the contest with no repercussion. We gave a second shot on goal two weeks ago for it, Ginni and Wiz, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back