Toast Round 3 = Brisbane Lions 72-92 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Josh Daicos after some on here piled into him last week on his defensive efforts , unreasonably I might say, exemplified all that was tonight. 8 tackles and all stuck. Will go unnoticed by most , but thought he was brilliant. 20 touches, 8 tackles from a wingman I’ll take that any day of the week.

Thought Josh Daicos after some on here piled into him last week on his defensive efforts , unreasonably I might say, exemplified all that was tonight. 8 tackles and all stuck. Will go unnoticed by most , but thought he was brilliant. 20 touches, 8 tackles from a wingman I’ll take that any day of the week.
Agreed. Josh was fantastic tonight.

Also Framp may have shed his premiership meme status as he’s been fantastic the last two weeks. Why we didn’t start him for the beginning I don’t know
He only had that status to oppo nuffies and dumb Pies fans that couldn't see the obvious role he was playing on the day.

Andrews dominated against Carlton in the prelim and was practically invisible for the first 3qtrs on GF day. Billy was give a job to do that day and he did it.

sad season 4 GIF

A little something for the opposition fans while they whine about umpiring.

We needed to get the win tonight and we got the job done, nothing flash in it just hard work. Had a stinker of a second quarter but we managed to maintain focus and self-belief and just kept plugging away which was good to see.

There are still many rough edges to polish up, but tonight was a first step in the right direction. Need to maintain the rage and put the Hawks to the sword next Sunday, after which we can have a well-earned rest coming out of what has been a tight schedule to start the season.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big emphasis by Naicos to highlight that Schultz has been important.
He said exactly the same thing about McCrae, almost like he had been instructed to say something positive about two of our least prominent players. Coupling the 2 together was a mistake if he wanted the 'praise' for Schultz to sound real.

Forgot to mention, I reckon coming back from interstate, 5-6 day breaks etc are soft excuses.

Grand Finalist team playing 4 games earlier then ever before other clubs have played 3 is the biggest handicap I’ve seen. We are probably +1 over par but we are on the way back.

Frampton was really important in quelling Daniher, who with Cameron is a barometer for them and generally has the better of Moore.
Frampton really did his homework on Daniher, how refreshing to see one of our defenders keeping touch o him.
Billy also didn’t allow Joe to jump at the footy and was on his hammer all night.
Awesome game again!

Fagan’s press conference is all me me me at the moment.

Hope Caro is watching.
There was not one mention of the Pies in his press conference.

He never got any questions about us (just like Fly wasn’t asked about Saints last week) but it didn’t bother Caro.

We played better when Cox was winning in the ruck, he does make a difference despite what many say. I’d much prefer this two ruck set up we have than one and a forward/Ruck.

JFN showed good form compared to leggy. Big Billy is cementing that key back position, he does look awkward at times but he’s playing the Roughead role well. That’s who I compare him to not Murphy.

Good win but still loads of improvement to come, take the 4 points and keep working.

Mitchell deserves some credit. Got his hands dirty and helped limit Lachie Neale in the second half big time. Neale only had a handful of touches in the second half.

Frampton really did his homework on Daniher, how refreshing to see one of our defenders keeping touch o him.
Billy also didn’t allow Joe to jump at the footy and was on his hammer all night.
Awesome game again!
And great to see the umps didn't get sucked into his ducking, diving and arm flapping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back