Round 3: Roos vs Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow votes:

3. - Jay Schulz (Port Adelaide)
2. - Sam Gibson (North Melbourne)
1. - Todd Goldstein (North Melbourne)

Brownlow votes are tough for this one. Schulz probably gets the three but nearly every player on the ground could have got the two or the one.

I've found some of the Ziebull's posts from the match day thread in the game where North had the biggest free kick differential in an AFL game of the past 22 years.

mate you lost, get over it. you can blame the umps all you want but the fact is you lost.
game over

cool story bro.

you lost get over it, blaming the umps won't change the fact that you lost. game over

all our frees were there, have a cry.

keep crying mate, loving it.
Stay tuned for our great song

enjoy the loss.
keep up the whinging

You needed them the last two games against us.

Mate, Kane Mitchell sunk your team. This guy.
277193-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

Quoted for the LOLZ - Kane Mitchell sunk the roos

Well done to Port, showed some real strength to nab it at the death. Even though we lost it was a cracking game.

Great win but we definitely got the rub of the green with the umps. Fortunate to take on a North side minus wells, dal santo and missing Ziebell virtually all game. Was a great contest by both sides and a terrific hang-tough win
Good on this port fan for acknowledging the circumstances assisting their win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun game to be at. North gotta get better at sticking tackles and some of their ball use going inside 50 was awful. Kicked to too many 2on1s..

Port just found a way to win
On TV it looked as if a large portion of the crowd were Port supporters. Was that the case of were they just located in spots the camera got to. 22k for a night game between 2 of last year's preliminary finalists sounds a bit low.

Great win but we definitely got the rub of the green with the umps. Fortunate to take on a North side minus wells, dal santo and missing Ziebell virtually all game. Was a great contest by both sides and a terrific hang-tough win
And agree on it being a good game, was high quality

Umpires did a good job.

Apparently awarding a Port forward a free kick is against the spirit of the game. Never mind Petrie earning one for the same exact thing 2 minutes later.

Think there were some they missed for north but called for port, but don't think it was enough to cost the game or anything. Although apparently when Petrie got a free for the same thing as Schultz, the port guy next to me lost his mind and called Petrie a soft pussy, lol!

On TV it looked as if a large portion of the crowd were Port supporters. Was that the case of were they just located in spots the camera got to. 22k for a night game between 2 of last year's preliminary finalists sounds a bit low.

There was certainly more port fans there than I expected there to be. I was sat down next to the port cheersquad, the area was pretty full and they made plenty of noise. Only really noticed cheersqauad areas and the outer wing which seemed to be all north, so probably just ch7 focussing on the pockets of port fans around the place.

Fun game to be at. North gotta get better at sticking tackles and some of their ball use going inside 50 was awful. Kicked to too many 2on1s..

Port just found a way to win
Bingo.

Main issue for me was not just the lopsided advantage to Port in centre clearances, but how unpressured they were when moving it forward from those clearances.

the announcers on abc local radio really were on the power in the last quarter but they did the same thing with the roos so i don't think they were bias

Really enjoyed the game, frenetic speed, brutal collisions, taking the game on at all costs. A few soft decisions to both sides that resulted in goals but in general thought the umpiring was good. Deserved a much bigger crowd.

Bingo.

Main issue for me was not just the lopsided advantage to Port in centre clearances, but how unpressured they were when moving it forward from those clearances.
It seemed to me like Goldstein won the battle around the ground but Ryder dominated the centre clearances with a number of clean taps to advantage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back