Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't knock back a cow averaging 94 so far that will make 70k just this week, that's for sure. But mostly, I think getting Fyfe in this week should be the priority for those without him.
I hear ya, but Fyfe could come in as early as round 6 and more likely round 8.

Assume:

Fyfe = 130
Gray = 110
NVB = 85
Heeney = 65

Option 1 Gray + NVB: If Gray goes 110 and Fyfe 130 over 3-5 rounds, that's 60-100 points foregone (excepting captain choice) in order to get NVB. But I would play NVB over Heeney for 3-5 rounds (net gain 60-100 points) so they cancel out. I expect NVB to make about $175k over the time I have him, and McGrath about $145k, so I would be up $30k. Fyfe would cost me $40-45k more in 3-5 rounds though.

Points benefit: nil
Cost: $10-15k

Option 2 Fyfe + McGrath: I expect NVB to make about $175k over the time I have him, and McGrath about $145k. So that's $30k foregone in order to get Fyfe now (but Fyfe would have gone up $40-45k by round 6-8 anyway, so lets say I'm $10-15k up on the deal). However I would have to play Heeney on field instead of NVB, so cost of 60-100 points over 3-5 rounds - this is offset by taking Fyfe over Gray.

Cash benefit: $10-15k

Option 3 Fyfe + NVB: Get Fyfe and NVB now and cop the Bont donut. Extra 60-100 points of Fyfe over Gray, plus extra 60-100 points of NVB over Heeney, makes a net gain of 120-200 points over 3-5 rounds. Take out Bont's donut (100) and it's 20-100 points up over 3-5 rounds and 30k up by taking NVB over McGrath (plus the $30k more Fyfe would have cost me in round 6-8, so call it $60k up).

Points benefit: 20-100
Cash benefit: $60k

Plus Bontempelli may yet play.

I'm warming to the idea of option 3 :eek:

I hear ya, but Fyfe could come in as early as round 6 and more likely round 8.

Assume:

Fyfe = 130
Gray = 110
NVB = 85
Heeney = 65

Option 1 Gray + NVB: If Gray goes 110 and Fyfe 130 over 3-5 rounds, that's 60-100 points foregone (excepting captain choice) in order to get NVB. But I would play NVB over Heeney for 3-5 rounds (net gain 60-100 points) so they cancel out. I expect NVB to make about $175k over the time I have him, and McGrath about $145k, so I would be up $30k. Fyfe would cost me $40-45k more in 3-5 rounds though.

Cost: $10-15k

Option 2 Fyfe + McGrath: I expect NVB to make about $175k over the time I have him, and McGrath about $145k. So that's $30k foregone in order to get Fyfe now (but Fyfe would have gone up $40-45k by round 6-8 anyway, so lets say I'm $10-15k up on the deal). However I would have to play Heeney on field instead of NVB, so cost of 60-100 points over 3-5 rounds - this is offset by taking Fyfe over Gray.

Cash benefit: $10-15k

Option 3 Fyfe + NVB: Get Fyfe and NVB now and cop the Bont donut. Extra 60-100 points of Fyfe over Gray, plus extra 60-100 points of NVB over Heeney, makes a net gain of 120-200 points over 3-5 rounds. Take out Bont's donut (100) and it's 20-100 points up over 3-5 rounds and 30k up by taking NVB over McGrath (plus the $30k more Fyfe would have cost me in round 6-8, so call it $60k up).

Points benefit: 20-100
Cash benefit: $60k

Plus Bontempelli may yet play.

I'm warming to the idea of option 3 :eek:
Wait until Bonts is out. Pendles (107) wasn't playing all week either.

I can't wait for final team Jiska, Dogs play Sunday whereas NVB, Gray, McGrath play today.

Taylor Adams wasn't playing all week either ...
Haven't seen you team posted anywhere, but may have missed it?

Generically speaking, you shouldn't make rash moves and compromise the makeup of your team just to avoid a donut in one week.

Last week I switched Goodes to the bench when I heard he was sub and didn't even think to move the E from Goodes to Oxley nor did I think I needed to. Twenty minutes after the Dogs game started, Gibson was announced as a late out and I copped Goodes' 10 points.

Disappointing, but there was no way in the world I even considered trading out Gibson to avoid Goodes' ten points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this chatter about the Bont scares me.

I had Gaz > Bont pencilled in as an easy choice, now what? What do I do? contemplating just taking no risk and going Gaz to Sloane.

This is hard.

there's no one who i can trade in really if I want to wait until tomorrow either, unless I take the likes of Mundy or Barlow, with Neale & Fyfe in my midfield already, that isn't much of an option.

Prestia/Bennell are the other options, then switch Bennell FWD later...

Thoughts?

Ludicrous. if that's the worst of your problems you must be ranked in the top 10??
Hehe all my rookies and bench players are the top ones for their positions. Not in too 10 but happy where I'm at ATM No Ablett or rocky. Selwood the player that's going to lose me money while all the rest go up (besides newnes smh gone next week) figure selwood gunna go down at least 100k and I always use two trades before week 3 concludes..brought in oxley but still got one trade left lol. Know I'm being ridiculous tho

Are you asking if I think you should trade Wines to Sloane??
No. Options are as follows:
1. GAJ > Sloane this week, Next week, Goodes > Byrne, Pearce > Smith.
2. GAJ > Wines, Pearce > Smith (both this week) - if Smith doesn't play I'll get Oxley's 98.

The other benefit of Option 2 is I'm not rushed to trade Goodes > Byrne, can wait until he's on the bubble.

2. GAJ > Wines, Pearce > Smith (both this week) - if Smith doesn't play I'll get Oxley's 98.

The other benefit of Option 2 is I'm not rushed to trade Goodes > Byrne, can wait until he's on the bubble.
How much cash does Gaz to Sloane leave you? Who else would you consider trading out?

I'd take option 1.

Not convinced having to spend an extra trade to get Bryne in, to get Sloane in, is worth it.

Target Sloane as an upgrade in the bye rounds.

Edit: post your team

Generically speaking, you shouldn't make rash moves and compromise the makeup of your team just to avoid a donut in one week.

Last week I switched Goodes to the bench when I heard he was sub and didn't even think to move the E from Goodes to Oxley nor did I think I needed to. Twenty minutes after the Dogs game started, Gibson was announced as a late out and I copped Goodes' 10 points.

Disappointing, but there was no way in the world I even considered trading out Gibson to avoid Goodes' ten points.
Yeah but you're talking there about the rashness of trading out a premium simply to avoid a one-week donut. I'm not making any moves I wouldn't have made anyway. Ablett was coming out for Fyfe all week, and I've been weighing up Goodes to NVB v Goodes to McGrath in my mind. NVB won out in the end, and it's only now Bont is a rumoured out that I'm considering whether NVB is the must have I decided he was.

As it turns out I can play CEY instead of Heeney, so any points benefit of NVB over Heeney is moot. Fyfe + McGrath looking like the best option (provided McGrath keeps getting games).

Hehe all my rookies and bench players are the top ones for their positions. Not in too 10 but happy where I'm at ATM No Ablett or rocky. Selwood the player that's going to lose me money while all the rest go up (besides newnes smh gone next week) figure selwood gunna go down at least 100k and I always use two trades before week 3 concludes..brought in oxley but still got one trade left lol. Know I'm being ridiculous tho
:thumbsu:

Watch him smash a 150 versus Gold Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back