Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Melksham? For $400K, he's averaged 100 so far against tough opposition and he's facing Carlton next week. Plus he's Mid/Fwd.

Thinking there might be some decent value there.

Has a DT friendly game - had him a few years ago. Struggled for consistency

I need to get rid of Ablett and Leuey. I have spare cash, so thinking best available in Lewis and Goldstein.

Lewis or Barlow both safe Ablett replacements.

I really like Goldstein. Has only dropped below 85 once since R12 last year (and it was an 80). Also 3x 130 scores in that time period and his 153 last week.

$30k more for Jacobs is a tough decision.

edit: Missed that Goldy got a 72 in the final against Sydney.

Who to trade out for Hunt, KK or Lumumba?
I got rid of KK last week and this week I have traded Lumumba for Oxley but against Crows Lumumba might get plenty of action in the back lines so KK should go this week.

My trades this were Hamling > Oxley and Goodes > Docherty, but i'm now thinking of reversing the Hamling trade
and going Clark > T.Dickson averaging 85 bit of a unique imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very stuck on trades guys! My team is the following:

Def: Newnes, Shaw, Lumumba, KK, McIntosh, Saad (Goodes, Oxley)
Mid: Lewis, Barlow, Beams, Ward, Scooter, Rich, Newton, CEY (Cripps, Vandenberg)
Ruck: Mummy, Bellchambers (some spuds)
Fwd: Martin, Gray, Bartel, Lynch, Salem, Clark (McCarthy, Redpath)
250k remaining
My first trade is KK->Hunt but I am confused from there. Some candidates are: Lumumba, Beams, Scooter and Redpath. Cheers guys!

I'd dump Beams, he is not coping with being their best mid by a country mile. Too much attention for him. I'd look at trading him out for Bontempelli + cash and then maybe you could swap someone like Goodes out for T.Hunt instead of Kolo, as I think Kolo might fire up soon.

Who should i trade Wells to? Van Berlo, Rich, Wallis or etc.?

What do you need? I can see Wallis knocking out 80-100 every round, VB and Rich are more likely to have a wider range (like 70-110). VB is probably the best value as they are all likely to average around he same, and he is the cheapest, but he has been used as a tagger in the past, in which capacity he'll average around 60 :-( .

Rich would be the next best value, but Wallis should be more dependable (as due to the Bullies depleted midfield stocks he should spend all season on the ball).

I'd dump Beams, he is not coping with being their best mid by a country mile. Too much attention for him. I'd look at trading him out for Bontempelli + cash and then maybe you could swap someone like Goodes out for T.Hunt instead of Kolo, as I think Kolo might fire up soon.
Thanks mate! I have to trade Selwood now as he is out for 4-6 weeks. Is Beams now my first priority to get out? Or is someone like Redpath who I can trade to Honeychurch/Hogan for cash generation? Cheers

Thanks mate! I have to trade Selwood now as he is out for 4-6 weeks. Is Beams now my first priority to get out? Or is someone like Redpath who I can trade to Honeychurch/Hogan for cash generation? Cheers

I'd advise to get rid of Beams ASAP as I have, he has a BE of 147 I believe, most likely going to drop hard if he scores a 53/82 like the last few weeks.

I wouldn't mind him being out as sick as that sounds. Need some cash pretty badly and it forces my hand.

If he's out -

Pendles -> VB (VB should score OK and will net $$$)
frees up money for -
Kolo -> Simpson

Next week -
Bergs -> Jacobs
Lumumba or Goodes - BroSmith

Team would be -

Simpson, B.Smith, Newnes
McIntosh, Saad, Oxley (Talia, Goodes)

Lewis, Barlow, Ebert, Parker
VB, Rich, Ellis-Yol, Vandenberg (Cripps, Newton)

Jacobs, Bellchambers (Naismith, Phillips)

Gray, Bartel, Swan
Martin, Lynch, Salem (Clark, McCarthy)

No Bont. Wish I started with him but going to gamble he doesn't keep scoring so well.

What's the go with Josh Bruce? Don't know much about him. 112 and 82 and he's at $330k with a BE of 2. Fluke? Roll change? I do see his 112 included 6 goals :p He's never scored like that before.

The higher their $value, the more they hurt you when the stink it up. At this stage you should only be paying premium coin for dependable high scoring players. He will lose a fair bit of value over the next couple of weeks I would think. The sooner you can offload him the better. I'd dump him as soon as possible (taking into account any injuries you have on the field - you don't need any doughnuts).

Will be going C.Pearce to Oxley

I have Wells so if hes out then ill look to upgrade him with that extra cash.

Im still hopeful KK can come good i cant see why he cant but i think GC will struggle a bit this year.

The other in i wouldnt mind looking at are T.Hunt although talk he turns over the pill too much isnt encouraging for job security.

Boy has that midfield dropped in quality.

Out injured Ablett, Rockliff, Sidebottom almost the too 3.

Pendlebury going to cop plenty of hard tags with little support at the pies.

Heppell tagging attention

105 might just about put you close to the top there for a midfield average.

Lewis, Barlow and maybe Parker the only ones i can see getting close to that 110 average consistently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back