Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Broughton Dilemma

Ok. We're at Round 3 and on the very cusp of the very first price changes of the year. Now, I'm sure that like me, alot of you have been convinced by someone to pick up Broughton. Traditionally he's a rollercoaster player; I can live with that, but can he really live up to the standard of playing he set himself last year? I didn't want to start trading too early on in the season, however I also don't like losing money. What is your plan of action? Are you going to take the risk and keep him? Or get rid of him for a better option (I'm thikning the likes of Birchall or Hurn) before it's too late?

(Sorry if this is against the rules of the forum by the way)

Re: The Broughton Dilemma

Ok. We're at Round 3 and on the very cusp of the very first price changes of the year. Now, I'm sure that like me, alot of you have been convinced by someone to pick up Broughton. Traditionally he's a rollercoaster player; I can live with that, but can he really live up to the standard of playing he set himself last year? I didn't want to start trading too early on in the season, however I also don't like losing money. What is your plan of action? Are you going to take the risk and keep him? Or get rid of him for a better option (I'm thikning the likes of Birchall or Hurn) before it's too late?

(Sorry if this is against the rules of the forum by the way)

Thats ok :rolleyes:

Re: The Broughton Dilemma

His a premium and I bought him as a keeper, and that is what I will do. Unless he gets injured. I still have confidence that Lyon will play him more in the midfield and consequently he should up his output.

Just have a question for the number crunchers, if Courtney Dempsey averages 100 after round 3, what would his price go up to?

He will rise $60k if he gets another ton. Has GC though so should he really should get there.

The following two weeks he has Collingwood & Carlton. I'd expect his scoring to dry up very quickly at this point. Expecting him to peak at $360-370k.

Personally I wouldn't touch him as he won't make enough cash, and I don't believe he can be a Top 6 defender.

For what it's worth for those spooking out about players....

H.Shaw is playing in a depleted Collingwood backline where all of them are twitchy to play their usual game. Harry O, Shaw, Reid all nervous without Maxwell and Tarrant creating the normal structure. Heater will come good.

Scotland is the same. Once Duigan and Jammo come back. Scotland will feel confident that he can run about as per 2011 and rack up 30+ disposals.

D.Martin. Has played against arguably 2 of the top 4 midfields/2 of the top 4 teams in the AFL at the moment. He "should" come good and deliver. He is always going to be a player who gives you 140 one week and 65 the next.

As for Broughton....well i don't have as many comforting words for him. I think Lyon will stink Broughton up as a player. Definitely going to be under some scrutiny from me over the next few weeks.

For those with A.Miles in their teams, apparently played well in the GWS Magoos. You would think he gets a game when Sheedy shakes up the list after the smashing they copped. No idea where Darley is at...

Kerridge looks destined for twos whilst Adelaide are winning.

Only Round 2. I'll be holding my trades for now. Wayyyyy to early to be pulling triggers.

My rookies are a mess and with 6k in the bank it's struggle central for me. Any suggestions what to do

Backs- Ellis bugg Morris Townsend Tynan
Mids- jmac ledger magner shiel
Fwds- d.smith hall Dickson smedts

Was thinking move smedts to back line and trade Tynan for Kennedy but fall $500 short so now it's really struggle town for me unless I trade ledger for Kennedy but not keen on that my theory has always been get rid of ur weakest player before anyone else so yeh I'm screwed dunno what to do any help?

He will rise $60k if he gets another ton. Has GC though so should he really should get there.

The following two weeks he has Collingwood & Carlton. I'd expect his scoring to dry up very quickly at this point. Expecting him to peak at $360-370k.

Personally I wouldn't touch him as he won't make enough cash, and I don't believe he can be a Top 6 defender.

Whats your reasoning for that? :rolleyes:

If anything you'd think that Dempsey would be getting the ball even more as Carlton and Collingwoods midfielders will be pumping the ball into their forward 50 alot more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers Duiganator

I think i might have to blow 2 trades this week. Due to an oversight (forgot about the GWS vs Sydney game) i got stuck with only a rough team on paper going in to the partial lockout, that included O'Keefe in the midfield (didn't play first round and scored 22 this round) a non playing GWS rookie on the bench and Dickson on the bench.

Going to trade out Dickson for Milera. Trade no 2 either fix my rookie situation in the midfield or get rid of ROK. I feel it a waste to sideways trade a premium priced player at this stage, but by god he was bad. Didn't intend for him to be in the side in the first place. Really tempting to swap him out for Kennedy.

Also had to blow a trade last round (once again my stuff up had me starting with Folau). Saying all that tho pretty happy with the rest of the team, managed a decent score this week in 2250 even with my problems. Might be able to go a few weeks without trading after this barring injury and get back on track.

My forward line letting me down big time. Not one score over 100 this week
Franklin, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Porps, Martin, Smith, Hampton.

What to do?!

Nothing. Franklin, Fyfe and Martin should average 100+ by seasons end. Dangerfield is iffy but should be around the 90-100 mark.. Porps got 90 odd? I've got him and absolutely stoked with his output. Smith and Hampton not much you can do with rookies.

Who should I trade to bring in Milera?

Dickson, Pfeiffer or Kerridge?

Im very luck that all my players have played 2 games and haven't had to make a trade yet. Only players to have a significant price fall are Broughton and Martin who I'm not going to trade and back them in this week to both go 100+.

My only 2 small mistakes to trade could be:
J.Caddy -> C.Smith
A.Hall -> T.Milera

This frees up some cash with the downgrade on Caddy and gets me onto 2 rookies with a big expected $ rise.

I could choose not to trade, but would love to bank some more cash so i can trade my mid-prices on to fallen premiums around R5-6.

Any suggestions on what I can do? I've already traded in Milera for Kerridge.

I'm only concerned about the rookies, I considered trading out Broughton but I might stick with him, see how he goes for awhile.

I beileve Tom Mitchell will get a game once he is completely match fit. What trade can I make to best fix my rookie situation?

Click for larger image.

148iy51.png

Got a spare 500g, toying with the idea of turning A.hall into C.Cornes.
Whats everyones take on Cornes? Churning out the scores at the moment,
and someone has to continue to get the points for gws.

Also gone for dickson>milera

I hvae Broughton and im not convinced he will even average 90 for the year with his role Lyon has him playing. Do i trade him out for say Birchall(sideways premium trade) or for Dempsey(pocket some cash while still netting some worthy points)?
Have Ledger riding the pine, didnt play first week and was sub yesterday and only netted 17 points or so and didnt come on and light it up(As subs probably should being fresh and all).Do i keep the faith hoping he has some full games to come or does he go now before its too late? Maybe for Greene (GWS)?
My last problem area is my fwd rookies, as i have previoulsy mentioned in another thread i have Jeremy Cameron and Dickson. Before the weekend i was pretty worried about Camerons scoring ability being a GWS tall forward but a 58 or so isnt the worst against a North Melb defence that controlled the game from the half backline for the most part. He was also able able to get 40 odd in Rd 1. Dickson on the other hand has had only two scores in the 30's. Do i offload him for Milera or the likes?
Any help on all three matters would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back