Game Day Round 4, 2015 - Brisbane Lions vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurt my back on a dead lift in the gym on Friday and seriously considering whether the drive and 3 hours in the Gabba seats is worth it. I'm balancing that against the FOMO in the event of an unlikely win.

I am definitely not confident, main because our team looks ridiculously young all over the park. I think my favourite comment for the week was (sorry can't remember who said it) how we must have got the youngest spine in history playing.

Still, we improved a bit last week and if we can do that again, west coast are no comparison to Richmond in my eyes so we will be in with a shot. To start with om just going to hope that we can be in front at quarter time just to give the boys some optimism for the game.

I have a headache and a blocked nose.

If we don't ****ing win I am going to march onto that field and personally rip each and every player a new one.

/GrumpyKezz.

I vote foe Kezz to give them a quarter time spray if we have our usual start!!

Important game for me as I try and get my kids to stick with the Lions when all their mates are Eagles supporters,

Lions by 24

Might as well give it a try. Bundy and Zorko can take his spot in the forward line until he comes on.

Plus I'm guessing Rocky will be forward most of the game.

Green as sub might work. Andrews May come off half way threw the 3rd. It's windy around brisbane how bad is it at the gabba?

From that video;

Out: Polkinghorne, Brown, Drummond, McKeever, Polec, Cornelius, Hudson, Maguire, Patfull, McGrath, Merrett, Raines, Lester

In: Clarke, Gardiner, McStay, Paparone, Cutler, Robertson, Christensen, Beams, Beams(C), Aish, Robinson, Martin, Taylor

Talk about turnover in 3 years. :eek:

Jeez there is a gulf in experience between those lists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Green as the Sub, should have an impact and hasn't been his best lately

Yeah he isn't finding the ball either.

It's not just him though but we can't run out there with 22 subs.

Think in case of Green he does look a bit bigger and does in turn look a touch slower but in any case when you are playing in a forward line that doesn't have major focal points or players who are crashing packs it makes his job so much harder. Opposing coaches look at our forward line and see he is the player they must pay most attention too. Teams can afford to put their best or second best defenders on him. I'm sure if we had a few more solid option up forward he would benefit. And let's be honest the delivery into 50 isn't terrific either.

If making Green sub today is the kick up the bum he needs than i am disappointed. We are in round 4 and every player should be fit and firing.

There are a few factors here that I like for us:
  • Day game in dry conditions - our fumbling will be less of a factor
  • Rocky is back - since last year we are 0-6 without him. His presence lifts the whole team.
  • Low expectations- particularly good for our young players
  • Less dead weight this week - Goose, Staker or Mayes weren't giving us anything
  • West Coast's midfield is relatively soft and we would hope that Martin, Rockliff, Beams, Zorko and Redden could at least break even. West Coast's midfield has already been exposed against the Bulldogs and Dockers.
  • We are coming off an 8 day break with zero travel, compared to a long plane ride from a team with one less day of rest.
  • We have done pretty well against the Eagles at the Gabba recently, even without Rocky in the game last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back