Preview Round 4, 'The Harley Reid Cup'- Geelong vs Hawthorn, Monday 10 Apr @ 3:20pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further enforces the point if anything.

Kept it vague because I was half expecting someone to pull up the ladder from 47 years ago and run with that.
I think goyoucatters was picking up on the fact that you meant six losses and and draw, not six wins. No-one's topped the table with 6 wins!

Guessing the “managed” also includes his VFL games, because he’s not named anywhere this weekend but the emergency list

We knew that Stanley was sore after the Carlton clash, but I think there was question marks on Ceglar’s potential availibility for our match last week against GC as he didn’t play the full VFL match against Carlton the week before either - it may simply be a case that last week he was the least sore of the two rucks, with the hope that a week off would refresh Rhys as there was uncertainty if Ceglar would be able to back it up
Understand Ceglar body just not up to playing 2 in a row. May not play much VFL (if any) rest of the year and just be available for chop out if Stanley needs it. Not ideal as the VFL team needs a ruckman to support the development of the young AFL players on the list. Toby seems a while away and we don’t have Abbott this year.

I just find it remarkable how supporters describe years as "weak", and it seems to frequently be when their team doesn't win the flag.
I'm not one of those supporters. My recent arguments (so to speak) with certain posters have mainly been about why we shouldn't expect a premiership every year.

2017 is an exception though. An Adelaide side with 6 losses and a draw, and a Geelong side that was nowhere near a premiership list close behind on percentage only topped the ladder.

It was a weak year, and I'm one of many who sees it that way.

Last edited:
I'm not one of those supporters. My recent arguments (so to speak) with certain posters have mainly been about why we shouldn't expect a premiership every year.

2017 is an exception though. An Adelaide side with 6 losses and a draw, and a Geelong side that was nowhere near a premiership list close behind on percentage only topped the ladder.

Speaking of 2017. It was also a year where the eventual premiers lost 4 on the trot early in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with who they dropped… two players who offer absolutely no defensive aspects to the game and no run and carry transition footy at all.. both have been a liability and counter intuitive of the game plan we were playing in 2022.

If you don’t gel with our playing style, then your reserves bound. Henry and bruhn have really struggled to adapt to our play

What I always admire so fondly of our 3 flags is to win two of them, we really did have to go toe to toe with and knock out Goliath… st kilda and collingwood were unbelievable teams choked full of superstars… and we slayed the beast on two separate occasions.. feels More like John wick fighting the blind man for a win as opposed to just the ordinary 100 men he kills per scene.

I take such pride in the quality of our flags

Sportsbet has us at #2 for the flag after the Doggies win
Wait.. We beat the Doggies? So it's round 12 already?

I was having this weird dream that it was only round 4 and we hadn't even won a game yet and no-one was even certain that we would beat Hawthorn on Easter Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back