Round 5 2014- Collingwood V North Melbourne Etihad stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Beaten fair and square. No excuses. Well done Pies

Their defensive work on our ball-carriers was very impressive. Not quite Freo like or whoever else, but they chased, tackled and smothered many of our forward runs. Quite a good display from a team who has been criticised in the past for perhaps not offering a whole lot on the defensive side, especially their mids.

Less Roos hate more Pies love please. Really apart from the Freo game, we've played well.

Beat Sydney, Richmond and North all 3 of which were definite top 8 guesses, a lot would have had a couple of them in top 4. Went neck and neck with Geelong who, let's be honest, will be right up there again this year! Bombers next week, then a couple easier games. Should be sitting nicely at 5th/6th by mid year.

Yup, the Pies have been surprisingly good thus far. I had them finishing between 7-10 this year but they look like a genuine Top 8 team who could potentially push the Top 4 if they get a bit of momentum. If Cloke was consistent and could kick straight, you guys would be very hard to beat. How teams continue to allow Nick Maxwell to do as he pleases is beyond me. Is it a lack of respect? I mean, skills-wise the man ain't great but he's shown for years that he can be dangerous if he's not made accountable. Is it that hard to just make sure he has to guard a forward?

I'm somewhat disappointed because I did want Bucks to fail (if only as an extension of my dislike for Eddie McGuire) but he's got the team rebounding well after a shocking first game for the season. Gotta give him credit.

Less Roos hate more Pies love please. Really apart from the Freo game, we've played well.

Beat Sydney, Richmond and North all 3 of which were definite top 8 guesses, a lot would have had a couple of them in top 4. Went neck and neck with Geelong who, let's be honest, will be right up there again this year! Bombers next week, then a couple easier games. Should be sitting nicely at 5th/6th by mid year.
Travelling well. People can keep waiting for them to drop off, but i still think they are a top 6-8 side.
And this is without Cloke dominating week in, week out (Glad he got his haul game out of the way today).

Midfield is very good. Pendles is pulling away from the rest of the pack and starting to isolate himself from the comp the way Ablett has.

And I like the way Maxwell & Lumumba have found little niches that are really starting to hurt the opposition
Looking forward to a cracking match friday.

Great game by the pies, their defense and pressure was immense. Roos just looked sooo flat with some terrible decision making (over use of handballs *hospital balls). Our delivery inside 50 was atracious aswell, glad nothing happened to LT, would've been an extremely bad injury. never like ben jacobs and today didnt help ...boy oh booyyyy he had some shocking moments. Midfield also MIA aswell.

Pretty disappointing effort today. I hope Scott gives them a good spraying about it, too.

Collingwood were impressive, despite playing witches hats. Wasn't sure what to make of them until this game. 6-8th finish, I think.

Went to the game as a neutral. By god the Roos were poor. Collingwood weren't spectacular but did enough to get the chokkies. Ben Jacobs couldn't have a had a worse game as sub from what I saw

Maybe Bucks can coach? Team looked well drilled there for a couple of quarters. Still lacking the killer instinct to make them a top side though.

I can only assume a four quarter performance will come when this current list plays a few more seasons together. Optimistic at the moment, but that may all turn around next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Bucks can coach? Team looked well drilled there for a couple of quarters. Still lacking the killer instinct to make them a top side though.

I can only assume a four quarter performance will come when this current list plays a few more seasons together. Optimistic at the moment, but that may all turn around next week.

Was thinking that today.

Still, I think in everybody's eyes he dismantled a premiership team.

So don't think anything less than a premiership will redeem that. The what if will hang until he wins one.

Still, I think in everybody's eyes he dismantled a Runners Up team.

Edited for accuracy and all that. ;)

That same 2010/2011 list was superseded by a few teams in 2012 I'd imagine. Besides as someone who was watching them closely in 2011 there were some glaring complacency displayed by that team during that year despite the H&A percentage.

I applaud Bucks for doing the hard work and taking a challenge rather than contemporary coaches (and current) picking up $700K marque players thinking that's all that's needed for a premiership list.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-04-19/roo-reported-for-striking-cloke

How do you think this will be looked at?

Didn't look at the ball from the time that he comes in camera, can't possibly be characterised as a legitimate attempt to spoil (look at how low he gets him).

It's hard to tell what kind of contact he made since the Cloke's body hides it (fist punch v forearm).

hard to tell tbh, but agree with the commentator looks more of a shoulder to body rather than a punch

1512464_746231178755044_4739012056680632188_n.jpg

Edited for accuracy and all that. ;)

That same 2010/2011 list was superseded by a few teams in 2012 I'd imagine. Besides as someone who was watching them closely in 2011 there were some glaring complacency displayed by that team during that year despite the H&A percentage.

I applaud Bucks for doing the hard work and taking a challenge rather than contemporary coaches (and current) picking up $700K marque players thinking that's all that's needed for a premiership list.

Could be all true.

But I think there's plenty of Pies supporters thinking what if... Until they win one.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-04-19/roo-reported-for-striking-cloke

How do you think this will be looked at?

Didn't look at the ball from the time that he comes in camera, can't possibly be characterised as a legitimate attempt to spoil (look at how low he gets him).

It's hard to tell what kind of contact he made since Cloke's body hides it (fist punch v forearm).

I hope it gets a week. Cheap shot to the bread basket to guy who had eyes only for the ball. AFL have made a point in getting rid of this 80's style of football, hopefully they show some consistency.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back