Preview Round 5, 2022: Hawks v Cats, Easter Monday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes and all that in here.

Day misses with concussion protocols I guess.

If the rumors are true that Worpel is playing hurt, then give him a rest. 5 disposals is not doing him or the team any favors.

Is Lynch going to be available?

Do we bring in another tall forward?

I thought Wingard was available for this one? Have I missed something?

We have Selwood and Stewart as certain ins, with the potential inclusion of Higgins who missed the Brisbane game under concussion protocols.

A lot of debate among our fans about whether Ratugolea should be getting a game, we have certainly looked a better team since he was subbed out at 3/4 time of the Collingwood game in round 3.

In: Lynch, Long
Out: Day (Concussion), Worpel, Finn (Med Sub)

I've been saying it since pre-season, but Worpel should not get games on the back of one Peter Crimmins. Bring Lynch in, he's not bad up forward either. Long comes in based on form, he's played better than Worpel and O'Meara so it's only fair to give him a shot.

I also want Phillips back in the side. We miss his run.
Yeah, it was pretty evident yesterday in the twos. He kept going and nobody from Sandringham could go with him. I'm keen to see what Long can offer if given the chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Wingard was available for this one? Have I missed something?

We have Selwood and Stewart as certain ins, with the potential inclusion of Higgins who missed the Brisbane game under concussion protocols.

A lot of debate among our fans about whether Ratugolea should be getting a game, we have certainly looked a better team since he was subbed out at 3/4 time of the Collingwood game in round 3.
Ratugolea would be to stretch us given we have only 1 ruck

Hard to guess the ins with uncertainty on whether lynch, chad, Hartigan will be fit. Lynch will be in if fit.

Surely shiels comes back and likely Phillips too to help out the midfield. Long is not quite ready and shiels was a class above at BH. Wouldn’t be opposed to Morris getting a run - most likely sub.

No idea if JOM or worpel are injured. Thought Finn did enough to keep a spot. Wouldn’t be surprised if Ward or McDonald rested. Day will miss due to concussion you’d think.

In: Shiels, Lynch, Phillips, Finn
Out: Day, Worpel, Howe, Ward (rest)

If lynch is not right Kosi or Jeka to come in - we just need another tall target around the ground.

Very interesting selection week this one. Unlike many posters, I don't think Sam is going to have an overaction to the one bad week at the expense of continuing to rebuild our list by exposing kids to the level. And the brand of footy he wants us to play.

Like many, I'd love to see Long given an opportunity on the big stage. Worpel needs to find form at Box Hill.

Ward and Macdonald will need a rest at points this year, but they get an extra day's break this week and an Easter Monday clash is all part of their development on the bigger stage.

Personally I thought Maginness offered the run we were badly missing on the weekend. I'd love to see hiim back in the 22, working on his game as we are rebuilding. Offers more scope than Shiels, Phillips and Howe for me. Downie is the one that can hopefully push past them all once he gets a block of games at Box Hill.

If Lynch can't get up, one of Kosi, Jeka or Callow needs to play. Sadly, I don't think any of their form warrants a call up but.

I hope we don't have any games this year with all of O'Meara, Shiels, Phillips and Howe in the 22.

I'm not sure what's going on with Brocky, but it's a shame he isn't available to play at the moment. Not a great sign on Seamus Mitchell being dropped to Box Hill 2s either.

Looking at Box Hill it's evident we still need to hit the draft hard in the coming years as the depth of list isn't there at the moment.

Last edited:
Lynch in means Nash back into the middle as a future big body to hurt. Don’t underestimate the effect this will have. Taking Nash out of the middle was a mistake and I don’t want him rucking.

Will have another tall making option too.

Maybe Finn out was a mistake. Either him or Phillips to apply pressure through run will help

We need to rejig that midfield a bit.

Also, our get possession and handball to another running player seemed to be taken apart by Ratten the other day. The run downs by Saints players were on the running receivers rather than the initial player in possession. It was excellent coaching

Very interesting selection week this one. Unlike many posters, I don't think Sam is going to have an overaction to the one bad week at the expense of continuing to rebuild our list by exposing kids to the level. And the brand of footy he wants us to play.

Like many, I'd love to see Long given an opportunity on the big stage. Worpel needs to find form at Box Hill.

Ward and Macdonald will need a rest at points this year, but they get an extra day's break this week and an Easter Monday clash is all part of their development on the bigger stage.

Personally I thought Maginness offered the run we were badly missing on the weekend. I'd love to see hiim back in the 22, working on his game as we are rebuilding. Offers more scope than Shiels, Phillips and Howe for me. Downie is the one that can hopefully push past them all once he gets a block of games at Box Hill.

If Lynch can't get up, one of Kosi, Jeka or Callow needs to play. Sadly, I don't think any of their form warrants a call up but.

I hope we don't have any games this year with all of O'Meara, Shiels, Phillips and Howe in the 22.

I'm not sure what's going on with Brocky, but it's a shame he isn't available to play at the moment. Not a great sign on Seamus Mitchell being dropped to Box Hill 2s either.

Looking at Box Hill it's evident we still need to hit the draft hard in the coming years as the depth of list isn't there at the moment.
Box Hill don't have a reserves side and Seamus was not dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back