Autopsy Round 6, 2023 : Hawks fail to nail Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

There is not that much of a difference these days.

Look at the likes of Charlie Cameron, Jamie Elliot, Toby Greene, etc.

All small forwards who can crumb a goal but they still lead and mark overhead like a key forward.

When was the last time you can recall Bruest or Wingard taking a strong overhead mark, hardly happens anymore.

My point is that Wingard and Bruest are two of our most senior (and highly paid) players and when I look around the league and see veteran players like Hawkins, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, etc still pumping out solid B/B+ games week in/week out and we have to settle for the very occasional flash of brilliance from Wingard and Bruest.

It’s not great.
How many overhead marks does Tyson Stengel take for the cats?
None, because that’s not his job

The likes of Charlie Cameron, Jamie Elliott, Toby Greene etc all have decent tall KPF in their forward line making their job easier
We don’t

If you expect Wingard and Breust to be taking multiple overhead contested marks in our undersized forward line then you will be disappointed every week

The ball wasn’t and that’s the rule. The whole of the ball needs to be out
Glad to see you know the rules. Did you have a screen reader read it to you? Because you are clearly blind. Poor bastard.

That dream is never happening we wont finish last no matter how hard u dream about it
I don’t think we’ll finish last either, and I’m not celebrating a loss
To me, results don’t matter this year, but a steady improvement in system and youngsters is what I’m looking at

So as I sit here tonight, I’m very happy with what I saw today

Only by Nuffies.

Don't get why wanting ya Ruckman to do more around the ground is such a "nuffie" statement. If people are happy with his tapwork, playing his role to a degree and 1% then fine. But don't think it's wrong to say he needs to do more than 4 touches and 1 mark. A majority of his stat averages this year are ranked below average and that includes his hitouts to advantage.

Anyway. Probably should give him the benefit of the doubt being young, so happy to see what happens.

Somewhere in Australia Dan Hanneberry just shat himself
Scared Wake Up GIF by Regal

Can't fault the effort all day by the lads, huge pressure all day. Lack class and butchered it at times and no marking target forward of centre as we know, but the effort was great.

Rough to lose 2 in a row when leading by 2 + goals in the 4th and ahead with 2 mins left in both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game from hawks for best part of 4 qtrs.
there were some obvious great players today, but my take on a few quieter players:
Long - probably makes way for ward this week. Not bad, but not great.
Lynch - really worried about his ability to finish a game. Likely to see Meek back
Brocky - could be anything. His best is electric but we need to find a way to get him more involved.
McDonald - ended up having an OK day, but he is not developing as quickly as we hoped. Classy and will be a player, but maybe a spell in sight?
Seamus - slow early but finished very strongly. Love his run.
Bruest kicks those couple he missed and he gets a tick. He didn't and he looks average. He will bounce back as class does.
Chad - loved his effort. Plenty of almost moments that will turn for him if he stays on the park.
Reeves - another good game and building nicely. Obrien was in the best last week v blues, so this is a big tick.
CJ - a worry early but finished well. He needs to fix his fumbles.
DGB - did his job well and is developing just fine. Must persist.
Out this week - Lynch, Long and possibly Frenchie as managed and possibly McDonald. ....someone unlucky.
In ward, Daniel Day Lewis. Meek
Maybe CJ sub and Scrim in the 22.

CMac was in the top 2 players for Pressure Acts today only behind Newcombe which i thought was a fair effort when you aren’t at the stoppages all day like the mids. I’m not sure he will be getting dropped imo

Was stuck at a winery/distillery for the Mrs birthday with a bunch of her friends and the kids. Not wanting to get myself in trouble, I reserved Kayo glimpses for toilet breaks and whilst I was stuck in the never ending lines for a drink. Watched it up until about 20 seconds before Fogarty’s goal, thinking we had it with 3 minutes left. Sat down, had a sip of my G&T, bit smug, let the group know. Next thing half the bloody venue start clapping and cheering and staring at me. Hate living in Adelaide sometimes. There’s me in my Hawthorn “ugly jumper” absolutely copping it from every campaigner in the whole venue. Safe to say I was no longer in a shape to be the designated driver

Totally agree with this.

I don't know if it's Hawthorn supporters or Tasmania in general, but we've been playing games in Launceston for 20+ years and can seldom crack more than 50% of ground sales at UTAS stadium. It beggars belief in my eyes.
Not sure it’s that hard to work out.
Today the public have the choice of seeing Hawk stars such as Silicy and Dylan Moore etc.
As opposed to Buddy, Rough, Rioli, Hodge, Mitchell, Crawford…you get my drift.
One team on the bottom and the other setting records all over the country.
As the saying goes..everyone loves a winner.
Faithful will be there, fair weather and the neutral won’t be.

Was stuck at a winery/distillery for the Mrs birthday with a bunch of her friends and the kids. Not wanting to get myself in trouble, I reserved Kayo glimpses for toilet breaks and whilst I was stuck in the never ending lines for a drink. Watched it up until about 20 seconds before Fogarty’s goal, thinking we had it with 3 minutes left. Sat down, had a sip of my G&T, bit smug, let the group know. Next thing half the bloody venue start clapping and cheering and staring at me. Hate living in Adelaide sometimes. There’s me in my Hawthorn “ugly jumper” absolutely copping it from every campaigner in the whole venue. Safe to say I was no longer in a shape to be the designated driver
crows fans are the epitome of flat track bullies.

We made 86 tackles. This one got a free but I saw so many where player has only one arm pinned while the ball was not pinned. Ump says ball it up! What's the actual point of constantly punishing bad tackles but not rewarding good ones? High tackle counts are a worthless metric.
When it is umpired this way. The lack of reward for effort was extraordinarily poor.

Absolutely fantastic game from the boys today. Immense pressure all game, our midfield was dominant and Greene is just an absolute weapon.

Bitterly disappointed we didn't learn from last week and just hold up play while we have a lead with not long left. Sicily handballing to CJ was just plain dumb and for an experienced player and leader he should know better.
Nah mate, Sis got the memo
TANK, TANK , TANK

Damo got it too 😉

People still want Parish? Nash, Newcombe, Worpel, Ward, Amon, Day and Mackenzie building that group with the likes of MacDonald, Moore ect that can push through there as well.

Kosi looked the good in the VFL and Lewis coming back I think people can forget about getting Pick 1.

No to Parish.

Himmelberg on the other hand yes please.

Just a big body that can contest time and again and help bring our smaller players into the game would be perfect for our needs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back