Game Day Round 6- Eagles v Carlton at Docklands- Juddgement Dday

Remove this Banner Ad

Why the * did I go and watch the last quarter again?!

Carlton got five free kicks and a 50m penalty to our nothing, and honestly, seriously, I think maybe one of them was correct, but Emac could have got ITB and probably would have if the shoe was on the other foot. Those two high contact frees against Naitanui.... *head explode* I'm calling goodespoint.jpeg The irishman dropped the mark that was called 50... and two incredibly harsh HTB decisions. Not to mention the Masto power slam unrewarded.... ah * me.

Cold hard light of day, away from the emotion of the game.. it's the only time I think we've had a game stolen from us. But we still should never have given them the window to do it (1.8 FMD)

Look at the ******* Kade Simpson one. Jesus Christ. Are you KIDDING ME. If there's a free kick there I'm more of a clueless idiot than a Brereton-McGuire hybrid who acts in an Australian soap opera.
If he was Chris Masten though...and the one Simon White gets 10 seconds later.

Incompetency or deliberate (which it wasn't), either way those umpires are in bad, bad shape.

OK, people we need to make sure this thread doesn't degenerate into more of an umpire, carlton bashing forum than it already has. Honestly, we have Priddis for that on here for a reason. ;)
Just be wary, OK. Think before you post too much crap. That goes for the Carlton supporters as well.

OK, people we need to make sure this thread doesn't degenerate into more of an umpire, carlton bashing forum than it already has. Honestly, we have Priddis for that on here for a reason. ;)
Just be wary, OK. Think before you post too much crap. That goes for the Carlton supporters as well.
If Carlton and the Umpires weren't such campaigners we wouldn't have this problem Swannies. ;)

u rite tho

I know I'm right Quinz, I usually am. ;)

He tackled the player before the umpire blew his whistle for a mark then immediately gave 50. It was bullshit all around as the ball clearly touched the grass.

Totally agree , if you slow the vision down Hutchings wraps him up just as he gets the ball & to me it looks like its a half volley so Why the 50????
That ump should loose his job and be banned from any sport reffing for life.
This handing out soft 50 meter free kicks is totally BULLSHIT...why should a team be that heavily penalized for such a soft free,....seriously
if this where the AFL( VFL really) is going I will turn off....Kennedy gets raped every week....but they turn a blind eye everytime, FFS Umpires should be neutral and when in doubt throw the ball up., they handed them that game, FFS Simpson show some emotion !!!! and push the point or else we will keep getting butt raped.

Should have got a free? That's you being the umpire. How many times do you see an incident from another POV and realise you got it wrong? Anyway, enough from me. I fully expected to lose yesterday and loved the win. Just always disappointed when opposition supporters can't give my team any credit other than umpires.
I will say it again.

Carlton were so s**t it took us kicking 17 behinds and the umpires guiding you so much momentum through a rainbow of bias for you to win.

You can't get any credit for that. If we had kicked straight we would have won by 10 goals as some of your supporters predicted through the week.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Our list is slow

I don't car what people say we are slow, now you can get away with being slow if your very skilful by hand and foot which sadly we are not great at that either

Our poor recruiting over a long period has seen us with a midfield that has a bunch of slow 180-183cm midfielders

I think out go tall strategy is not working as we are running out of legs in last qtrs

We were slaughtered by the maggots yesterday it must be said, Hutchings 50 was a disgrace when you consider Shuey was smashed into from behind and no 50. When I saw waited free kick early I went yup we are going to get smashed by the maggots today and we were

We are a middle of the road team - I expect us to win 10-11 games, anything prove that is a bonus

We need a garlett or Walters type, we need a player who can hurt you of the turn over and right now we lack that, shuey is very good but I wouldn't class him as express, he also doe t have great evasive speed like Rioli or Walters either and that's what we need.

We get enough of the ball but we don't hurt teams when we do have it, we defend ok but we don't hurt teams when we have the ball on the outside.

Should be a close game v dockers though as they have a quite a Few injuries too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will say it again.

Carlton were so s**t it took us kicking 17 behinds and the umpires guiding you so much momentum through a rainbow of bias for you to win.

You can't get any credit for that. If we had kicked straight we would have won by 10 goals as some of your supporters predicted through the week.

You don't lose well do you?

Sent from Reality

Totally agree , if you slow the vision down Hutchings wraps him up just as he gets the ball & to me it looks like its a half volley so Why the 50????
That ump should loose his job and be banned from any sport reffing for life.
This handing out soft 50 meter free kicks is totally BULLSHIT...why should a team be that heavily penalized for such a soft free,....seriously
if this where the AFL( VFL really) is going I will turn off....Kennedy gets raped every week....but they turn a blind eye everytime, FFS Umpires should be neutral and when in doubt throw the ball up., they handed them that game, FFS Simpson show some emotion !!!! and push the point or else we will keep getting butt raped.

And he tracked him BEFORE the umpire paid the mark then immediately paid 50.
The umpire should be sacked.

But in the vfl it won't happen.

* off vfl.

You'll improve.

I still believe we have incredible upside ,we will become an elite team soon , where as that win will buy Malthouse some time but your list is going no where.
You can wallpaper over your cracks as much as you want, but your so far off from been a top 4 , everyone knows that.

I still believe we have incredible upside ,we will become an elite team soon , where as that win will buy Malthouse some time but your list is going no where.
You can wallpaper over your cracks as much as you want, but your so far off from been a top 4 , everyone knows that.
You've certainly beaten the elite of the league thus far, Lucky. All the best in the Derby.

Our list is slow

I don't car what people say we are slow, now you can get away with being slow if your very skilful by hand and foot which sadly we are not great at that either

Our poor recruiting over a long period has seen us with a midfield that has a bunch of slow 180-183cm midfielders
It is an issue, but I have to say our off season trading has tried to rectify that in recent years with the addition of Yeo, Bennell and Cripps. The first two in particular are playing a vital role this year, giving us some genuine speed in the back half.

We're 1st in the competition for defence this year... and yet we're 3-3, while everyone* acknowledges our forward line is our biggest strength. Something's not at all right down there.

It is an issue, but I have to say our off season trading has tried to rectify that in recent years with the addition of Yeo, Bennell and Cripps. The first two in particular are playing a vital role this year, giving us some genuine speed in the back half.

We're 1st in the competition for defence this year... and yet we're 3-3, while everyone* acknowledges our forward line is our biggest strength. Something's not at all right down there.
Haven't replaced Lynch yet as a roaming CHF, an outlet.
Have instead rotated Ruckmen, Lycett and Sinclair through, although to be fair Sinclair is a Forward come Ruckman
Losing Lecras
Haven't recruited a genuine crumber since Sampi or the undersized Broome (Lecras doesn't qualify as a genuine crumber). We need some black magic in there.
For some unknown reason Keneddy has lost all form / confidence.

But IMO the biggest problem is the absolute rubbish delivery into the forward line, to the advantage of no one.

I thought it was a great game but clearly I would. From a Carlton viewpoint it was great to have a bit of luck with the refs and have the crowd behind us for once against you blokes - it's been far too long.

Regarding your comment on WCE's impending "elite stats", you do realise that we beat you without Judd, Carrazzo, Kruzer, Curnow and Bell in our midfield and to add to that Yarran only played half a game. Not bringing this up to say that we are a top four team (or even close for that matter) but more to point out that what I saw from your boys on Saturday definitely wasn't the makings of an elite team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back