Game Day Round 6- Eagles v Carlton at Docklands- Juddgement Dday

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was a great game but clearly I would. From a Carlton viewpoint it was great to have a bit of luck with the refs and have the crowd behind us for once against you blokes - it's been far too long.

Regarding your comment on WCE's impending "elite stats", you do realise that we beat you without Judd, Carrazzo, Kruzer, Curnow and Bell in our midfield and to add to that Yarran only played half a game. Not bringing this up to say that we are a top four team (or even close for that matter) but more to point out that what I saw from your boys on Saturday definitely wasn't the makings of an elite team.
Funny that the players that replaced that lot probably helped you win.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Funny that the players that replaced that lot probably helped you win.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
Obviously - they played and we won.

In response to what I think you meant though, I don't agree. We had some very solid contributors out of the game, including Yarran for a significant portion.

You don't lose well do you?

Sent from Reality

To be fair what he wrote was pretty much spot on. You kicked the first 4 and the last 5 goals of which all the momentum was derived from the umpires..For the rest of the game you hardly looked like scoring. This was in the same period when the umpires were 'paying' very little...it was not a coincidence that carlton couldn't score when no frees were being paid.

It is an issue, but I have to say our off season trading has tried to rectify that in recent years with the addition of Yeo, Bennell and Cripps. The first two in particular are playing a vital role this year, giving us some genuine speed in the back half.

We're 1st in the competition for defence this year... and yet we're 3-3, while everyone* acknowledges our forward line is our biggest strength. Something's not at all right down there.

Ou fwd line is cluttered, they don't spread to create space very well for Kennedy to fall into. I would like to se darling play closer to goal and get kennedy up the ground a bit more and then kennedy drop back into space that's crated from that.

I do think our recruitment of indigenous players in worsfolds a time wasn't great - yes we won a flag. We need to. He w are quicker than we used to be and that's a positive sign. Let's hope Yeo develops so he can play pm some midfield

Went to this match, plenty of eagles fans-were I was anyway trying to get us over the line. Was an entertaining match somewhat............but what a disgrace, our midfield again got killed sigh.

Things I noticed: Cripps actually has a defensive side, Priddis & Selwood play for Carlton, Lycett moved extremely well and largely went un rewarded by our mids-it seems like the forwards are forced to run up the ground, crowd each other etc because of our midfielders crap play so intern our forwardline suffers double time. Sheppard, Yo, Brown, Bennell, Shuey were best. Gaff is getting hammered a lot.

The writing was on the wall when Warnock snapped a goal over his shoulder in the first minute

Anyway

21.8 (72.4%)
18.15 (54.5%)
12.11 (52.2%)
4.8 (33.3%)
7.14 (33.3%)
12.17 (41.4%)

Bad kicking is bad football

Put aside everything else our inabilty to convert scoring chances cost us the game

carlton are s**t, with a s**t list, it was an embarrassing loss.

I thought it was a great game but clearly I would. From a Carlton viewpoint it was great to have a bit of luck with the refs and have the crowd behind us for once against you blokes - it's been far too long.

Regarding your comment on WCE's impending "elite stats", you do realise that we beat you without Judd, Carrazzo, Kruzer, Curnow and Bell in our midfield and to add to that Yarran only played half a game. Not bringing this up to say that we are a top four team (or even close for that matter) but more to point out that what I saw from your boys on Saturday definitely wasn't the makings of an elite team.

s**t If your hanging your future on Judd (30 ) , Carazzo(28) Kruzer ( Dud thats always injured) then Yeah your going places !

Were still a very young side with what I think is the best young spine in the AFL & yeah its going to take us a while & 1-2 more good mids, but we will get better, once these kids learn how to play I can see them become a very good top 4 side in the next 2 -3 years, where as you guys will have to rebuild as soon as you realize your list wont push past spots 5 -7 , capish !

BTW you Melbourneites really dont grasp how travelling every second week really pushes our players to the very limits of exhaustion, If only the comp was even,it will never happen as long as the game is controlled by the VFL .( If you guys where serious about fairness there would be an opposing fixture)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elaborate pls

Someone rang up on Sports Central (or whatever its called) and began talking about the 'Mario effect' (specifically the Mario Kart effect) being practiced by the AFL (basically claiming the umpires wanted a close game and began helping Carlton) which so infuriated Brad Hardie that he just cut the caller off partway through.

I can only assume that the only people who would be talking about Mario Kart on talkback radio would have to be internet literate, and therefore on BF...sooooooo...who was it?

Someone rang up on Sports Central (or whatever its called) and began talking about the 'Mario effect' (specifically the Mario Kart effect) being practiced by the AFL (basically claiming the umpires wanted a close game and began helping Carlton) which so infuriated Brad Hardie that he just cut the caller off partway through.

I can only assume that the only people who would be talking about Mario Kart on talkback radio would have to be internet literate, and therefore on BF...sooooooo...who was it?

Haha Rubber-Banding, that's great. It was more like getting blue shelled circa double dash. Game Over.

Used to play the s**t out of that game on the Super Nintendo but I'm struggling to see the link.

Used to play the s**t out of that game on the Super Nintendo but I'm struggling to see the link.

In MK the karts near the back of the pack will get better items (and, in the case of AI, be faster) than the karts at the front, in order to create a close race. Hence, the Mario Kart effect if a team losing is given preferential treatment over a team winning.

That's awesome.
You know how when your in last place you get a lightning like every time? But when your winning all you get is like a single banana.

Just hurting, mate. Will be more welcoming in a few days. :(

They're the games you just hate losing (in front mid-way through the last and then being pipped at the post) - luckily the cruel hand of fate only deals out one or two like that a season. Good luck in the big one against the Dockers - with Glass and hopefully Hurn back (maybe even Ellis who I rate but does seem to be injury prone) I reckon you might just get the chocolates!

PS Concerned about Nic Nat - please don't do to him what Woosha did to Juddy by playing him injured up forward - had to learn how to walk/run all over again due to stuffed groins and missed a year!

Over all games - yeah that is bad. It's not going to get any better either unfortunately - not at his stage of career.

Carrazzo was a ball-magnet like Priddis and infuriated Carlton supporters with his turnovers/clangers; somehow, don't know how, over last 3-4 years he turned things around (pity he's out a lot injured though).

Comment came back to haunt Darling.

To be fair to JD, he said it would be a kick in the pants to win the first 3, then lose 3 in a row, I don't think he was implying Carlton are s**t and we shouldn't lose to them cause we are so much better. FWIW Carlton are not as s**t as the start of the season showed, you still have a s**t load of high draft picks, and proven, experienced players, plus some good pace, which we lack. I do wonder if Simpson had of had a cry during the week like ross lyon did, whether we would have got a few more free's:D Freo got some of the softest free's I have ever seen in that game against north, and a fair few "saddle" free's the exact ones lyon was whinging about. Anyway, we move on to next week and endevour to kick oursleves out of another 4 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back