Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys,
Just wondering on some opinions.

I have a fairly tough league matchup this week but easy from then on til the end of round 10 (byes aren't played) so I was thinking of different trades and seeking opinions.
I was thinking of upgrading big this week then focusing a bit more on generating cash and downgrading cash cows over the next few weeks or so.

Trade option 1: locked
Newnes/Hibberd > Mundy

Trade option 2:
Mumford>Grundy (downgrade to earn back money and arguably add more production)
OR
Barlow>Boyd
OR
Rischitelli>Boyd

I have about 60k left after upgrading to mundy but can easily generate more after this week.

Last edited:
Holding Lewis, might trade Hodge. At the moment looking to grab two of Ebert/Boyd/Mundy.

Depends how long Lewis and Hodge are gone for.

Newton > Duggan
Sheed > Glenn

Tempted on Duggan, but I think he's still a vest/rest risk for at least a few more rounds. If Kennedy is down then McGinnity may get a full game in the forward line :)eek:) and we don't have many other good sub options.

Glenn is a bit of a lock, thinking I might DPP Mundy and Hodge and then trade out Hodge for Glenn. Not really sure on my other trade, I had *just* brought in Lewis (yes, blame me :oops:) but I think I might use the Hodge->Glenn money to upgrade Naitanui to Goldstein or Martin (been happy with Grundy since I brought him in as my R2 though).

...aaaaand just as I was consoling myself on Polec's sub score by thinking it was better to have him in than Wines, he goes and misses 8+ weeks.

I owe it to this board to post my team so you can avoid my players. In fact, tell me what players your league opponents have and I'll bring 'em in as a favor to you all.

I need the delete button, my ranking will definitely going to drop this week.

Trades, I'll have to wait until the teams are named to make sure I have a full team.

I hope there's another 130,000 in your position and I'm just one of them. Keeping Hodge and Lewis because I would want them back so must be constructive in trades. One top of the I have Bennell who I have persevered with from the start and he finally come good only to be suspended. Then I have J Martin and I don't know if Clark is good to play. I better not need bench players.

I will need a small miracle not to drop back.

I hope there's another 130,000 in your position and I'm just one of them. Keeping Hodge and Lewis because I would want them back so must be constructive in trades. One top of the I have Bennell who I have persevered with from the start and he finally come good only to be suspended. Then I have J Martin and I don't know if Clark is good to play. I better not need bench players.

I will need a small miracle not to drop back.

Ranked 182 after 2 bad rounds. It will get worse before it gets better

Lewis, Hodge, Bennell = Def out.
Salem, Clark = doubtful
Byrne = bad trade in that I was planning to trade this week
The 2 bench rucks

My list could go on.....

Alright so

Hunt -> Boyd is a lock, thanks for the cash and doing well Taylor but the forms dropped and the cash is about to. Hopefully Boyd can just be Mr Consistant and score me 100 a week. Don't have a single consistant defender this season.

The second trade is givint me headaches I would quite like yo bring Fyfe in, has a good record against the Dons and would be a quality replacment for Lewis.

Thing is I really don't want to miss out on Glenn though.

Debating to go one of the three.

1. Lewis -> Fyfe
Gun for gun, won't affect my score next week at all.

2. Newton -> Glenn
Another like for like. A Typical cash cow play, Newton is reaching his top price and Glenn should bring in a lot of cash.

3. Lewis -> Glenn
Now the thought process is to jump on Glenn's cash and keep him for a while.

Newton is just about ready to jump off but his B/E is still lower than his average so room to make a bit more cash still.

What I'm thinkng off is bringing in Glenn for Lewis, sit on Newton for two more weeks then bring Lewis in for Newton then.

peoples thoughts on trading lewis for tom mitchell? mitchell will surely make bulk money and will SURELY play. likely to score reasonably highly and not affect my team TOO much. only problem is after trading out VB for glenn i now have a massive $470k not being used. i intend to use this for some underpriced premiums (ie sloane was subbed due to injury but is a beast, or parker if he gets back up to form) next week and still be able to bring in lewis for someone like neale. Dilemma is may now not win my H2H if rookies dont perform as I have so many on field (ox, mcintosh, cripps, CEY, vandenberg) and I have some other average scorers (lumumba, ibbo, newnes, rich, barlow (atm), clark).

so thoughts guys?

also with this team i have no clear choice for a solid captain. choices are between cripps, smith, barlow, neale, bont, mitchell, jacobs, grundy, swan, franklin, gray really.

Totally stuck on what to do with my side now, I've screwed myself with a lack of foresight!

I wish I'd thought things through a bit more a couple weeks ago, and instead of bringing in Hooker should have brought Goddard into the Fwd line and waited to get Boyd DPP into the backline. Especially now Rich has DPP too - I'd have been happier to have Boyd & Rich at the back and Goddard forward, than the mess I have now with too many defenders! There's no way I can justify bringing in Mundy now - and he's gonna be a must-have!

My side:

B.Smith / Gibson / Hooker / McIntosh / Saad / Oxley (M.Talia / Schade)

Sloane / Fyfe / Selwood / Treloar / Rich / CEY / Jong / Vandenberg (Vlastuin / Van Berlo)

Goldy / Nic Nat (Cordy / Downie)

Swan / Gray / Bont / Jack Martin / McCarthy / Hogan (Salem / Clark)

I need to dump Jack Martin. I should look at dumping Talia as that run of surprising scores looks like it's at an end, but also Jong is injured, Vlastuin is a waste, and Van Berlo's usefulness has expired.

Thinking Martin and Talia out, Pendles and Glenn in (swap Rich to Def and VDB to Fwd).

But should I instead chase Boyd anyway and keep him and Rich in the MF for the week, move VDB forward. Then next week I can start to trade out defenders (Vlastuin and McIntosh) for mids/fwds?
In that instance by end of next week I could have Smith / Gibson / Hooker / Boyd / Rich / Oxley or Saad which is almost a completed backline (albeit not the best).

Both of these options leave me having to put Vlastuin and Van Berlo on the field, in the midfield, if Sloane and Jong are both injured.

Is it better to have a line of the field settled, or to have a good spread of prems?
Should I focus on Fwd line, Def line, or just pick the best available player (probably Pendles)?

Last edited:
Backline trade :- Hodge to Mundy
Midfield trade :- Lewis to Hannebury/Issac Smith

Currently ranked 514 and can't afford to have both Lewis and Hodge on bench for 2-3 weeks. Happy so far with year with having Oxley, Saad, McIntosh, Vandenberg, Cripps, CEY, Salem and Hogan all in side plus Mitch Clark and Daniel Rich.

Have $232k in bank which will allow me to get back Lewis with an upgrade. Only downside at moment have no coverage in ruck or defence but will be able to correct with Salem and Clark now having dual status.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really unsure about whether to trade or hold onto Hodge/Lewis. If I hold them I can really set myself up for after they get back. At this stage I'm wanting to get rid of Hunt > Mundy/Boyd as well as somehow getting Glenn in. Interesting times.

Is Talia too risky to hold? Achievable BE but the fact he's capable of less than 20 points can cause a loss of money very quickly.

He's had that 70, 90 and 100. Not sure what to do.

Got Salem, Clark, VB on chopping block. Depends on teams I guess.

Clark coming back would be so good. Still has a BE of 10 so have been reluctant to get rid of him.

Last edited:
Really unsure about whether to trade or hold onto Hodge/Lewis. If I hold them I can really set myself up for after they get back. At this stage I'm wanting to get rid of Hunt > Mundy/Boyd as well as somehow getting Glenn in. Interesting times.
These choices are going to split the comp I'd say. Have to look very carefully at what trading them or not trading them will do in the weeks to come.

That's a lot of money sitting on the bench. But is it worth four trades to switch them out and in again?

Most people shouldn't be holding both IMO. If you can target Mundy and Boyd maybe Hodge doesn't have to come back in until later. It'll be different for everyone and this is the most interesting part of the game I reckon.

Really need to start planning when rookies will top out and what you're going to do with them. Hopefully we get some good downgrade options coming through.

Is Talia too risky to hold? Achievable BE but the fact he's capable of less than 20 points can cause a loss of money very quickly.

He's had that 70, 90 and 100. Not sure what to do.

Got Salem, Clark, VB on chopping block. Depends on teams I guess.

Clark coming back would be so good. Still has a BE of 10 so have been reluctant to get rid of him.

I have him too, think he will achieve his BE this week but looking to get rid of him next week, already dumped Newton so possibly Goodes/Lambert gone.

Help guys, I have no idea which to do.

Nelson -> Glenn
Hunt -> Harry Taylor

OR

Lewis -> Glenn
Hunt -> Mundy

I have no idea whether to leave Lewis in and gamble on Taylor getting to a 90+ average, or ditch Lewis (I need to get rid of him, Rischitelli or Isaac Smith before the first bye round anyway) and bring Mundy into my defence.

Have no idea who Nelson is, but I like the second one because Mundy is in top form atm and will be a must-have in DEF

Although if you have no other problems I would hold Lewis (I reckon you'll struggle to get him back) and cut a maxed cash cow instead. But depends on your team I guess

Hey guys,
Just wondering on some opinions.

I have a fairly tough league matchup this week but easy from then on til the end of round 10 (byes aren't played) so I was thinking of different trades and seeking opinions.
I was thinking of upgrading big this week then focusing a bit more on generating cash and downgrading cash cows over the next few weeks or so.

Trade option 1: locked
Newnes/Hibberd > Mundy

Trade option 2:
Mumford>Grundy (downgrade to earn back money and arguably add more production)
OR
Barlow>Boyd
OR
Rischitelli>Boyd

I have about 60k left after upgrading to mundy but can easily generate more after this week.

Fair enough maybe newnes to mundy but those trade option 2s all seem absolutely pointless why wouldnt u try get glenn instead of sideways trading for no reason

These choices are going to split the comp I'd say.

Even though it makes my team hopeless, I am loving this. This is going to split the competition. The trades people make this week near the top end, could be crucial in deciding the competition. It kills me Bennell needed a beer though, 3 premo's in one week

Griffin > Mundy (was going Ebert prior to DPP)
Goodes to Glenn (via Salem to DEF and Krak to FWD)
Griffin > Mundy (was going Ebert prior to DPP)
Goodes to Glenn (via Salem to DEF and Krak to FWD)
Just wanted to give this post props. That 2nd trade is genius .helped a lot!

Hodge - Mundy?
Parker - Pendlebury

I also have sloane, but i'm not sure whether to trade him or keep him, and i dont really know about parker i fell like he is going to rebound and get 140 or something. Lewis also on the bench

Even though it makes my team hopeless, I am loving this. This is going to split the competition. The trades people make this week near the top end, could be crucial in deciding the competition. It kills me Bennell needed a beer though, 3 premo's in one week

So harsh for him to miss after cracking out a 130!

Who are your options on the bench?

I think I'm going to have to get Mundy. Can't ignore his scores even though I'm not fully trusting.

Hodge - Mundy?
Parker - Pendlebury

I also have sloane, but i'm not sure whether to trade him or keep him, and i dont really know about parker i fell like he is going to rebound and get 140 or something. Lewis also on the bench

Looks good. Wish I had the trade to use on Parker. Still hoping he'll be back to his best soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back