In: Hurn, Jamieson
Out: Shuey (curse), Ginbey (to sub)

Backs: Barrass, Rotham, Hurn, Witherden, Duggan, Foley, Jones
Mids: Kelly, Edwards, Culley, Gaff, Hunt, Clark
Rucks: Williams, Jamieson
Forwards: Allen, Darling, Waterman, SPS, Petch, Trew, West
Sub: Ginbey
Emergencies: Bazzo, O’Neill, Barnett

Jamieson in to help out Williams after he’s shouldered the load for most of the season. Waterman to play permanent forward, releasing Culley to play permanent mid.

Ginbey to get a break as the sub.

Considered Bazzo in but I think we’re going in a bit tall already. We’ll just have to make do against Carlton’s talls.

Don't think Trew will be dropped after Simmo said he had a quiet first half but came into the game with some good one touch possessions, or clean hands, not sure his exact words. Sounded like he was more impressed than not.
Petch, you have lost your Petrol mate. Geeeez a frustrating talent that one. Aaaarrgh, give him another game at home and lets see.
Bazzo get's to start on the bench, not sub.
I actually don't mind Clarke, he get's involved and creates pressure around the ball. Definitely not one of our worst.
Maybe Rotham out for Hurn if fit and ready.
Until we know who is available it is too hard to call.
Ginbey to Sub for a bit of rest or West as sub.

Don't think Trew will be dropped after Simmo said he had a quiet first half but came into the game with some good one touch possessions, or clean hands, not sure his exact words. Sounded like he was more impressed than not.
Petch, you have lost your Petrol mate. Geeeez a frustrating talent that one. Aaaarrgh, give him another game at home and lets see.
Bazzo get's to start on the bench, not sub.
I actually don't mind Clarke, he get's involved and creates pressure around the ball. Definitely not one of our worst.
Maybe Rotham out for Hurn if fit and ready.
Until we know who is available it is too hard to call.
Ginbey to Sub for a bit of rest or West as sub.
clark or clarke that is the question.
It is Clark Greg Clark.We do not have a clarke.I am getting frustrated at how many posters do not know how to spell his name.

I think his role changed after half time and he was given more time on ball. The CBA numbers might confirm that if they’re broken down by quarter, not sure if the numbers HoneyBadger35 has access to give that sort of breakdown.
Four CBAs in the first half, nine in the second half.

Out: Shuey, Rotham

In: Bazzo (full game), Hurn

Could very well see XON again surprisingly if they want another mid. West didn't do much against the Pies too so could be on thin ice.

Changes after the injury report

In: Hurn, Jamieson
Out: Shuey (curse), Ginbey (to sub)

Backs: Barrass, Rotham, Hurn, Witherden, Duggan, Foley, Jones
Mids: Kelly, Edwards, Culley, Gaff, Hunt, Clark
Rucks: Williams, Jamieson
Forwards: Allen, Darling, Waterman, SPS, Petch, Trew, West
Sub: Ginbey
Emergencies: Bazzo, O’Neill, Barnett

Jamieson in to help out Williams after he’s shouldered the load for most of the season. Waterman to play permanent forward, releasing Culley to play permanent mid.

Ginbey to get a break as the sub.

Considered Bazzo in but I think we’re going in a bit tall already. We’ll just have to make do against Carlton’s talls.
Think they’ve pretty much given Ginbey a rest the last two weeks. Subbed out in cats game with 53% tog and then managed last week with only 65% game time.
Hoping that should’ve freshened him up a bit and he can play a full game this week

I actually think that Trew needs to be persisted with... i know he didn't touch it in the first half, but after half time i thought he settled in, he had 9 possessions, looked to be 1 touch and wasn't fumbly... he will never be a world beater, but might yet develop into a very good contested player that can feed the ball out.
Nows the time to give him 4 or 5 games and see what he can do with a proper go at it.
I agree with you.

I'm treating him as a first year player. Injuries and other things have held him back and last year he was thrown into the team to make up numbers when he was clearly injured and had zero match fitness. Can't judge him for saying 'yes please' to a few games when under normal circumstances he would have been building fitness in the WAFL.

Give him a run of 4 or 5 games with time in the middle and see how he goes. I think he could be a solid contributor. Not a dominant beast, but well worth a rotation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

petch didn’t use it well but pleased he was able to find the footy a bit on the weekend. Regardless I don’t think we should go dropping him especially with no small forwards to chose from

I like the idea of Ginbey as sub for a bit of a rest. Need to think about longevity.

Shuey shouldn't come back for at least a month, if not 2 to be safe.

Shuey out, Hurn in.
West out, Bazzo in (sub swap).

FB: Hurn, Barrass, Witherden
HB: Jones, Rotham, Duggan
C: Hunt, Clark, Gaff
HF: SPS, Darling, Petch
FF: Culley, Allen, Waterman
R: Williams, Kelly, Ginbey
I: LEdwards, Bazzo, Foley, Trew (S: West)

Going to need Bazzo in to help out with Curnow & McKay.

I will continue to name Clark in the centre until it actually happens.

petch didn’t use it well but pleased he was able to find the footy a bit on the weekend. Regardless I don’t think we should go dropping him especially with no small forwards to chose from
Don't know what to think of Petch? Used to be the speedy seagull, had moments or games where he's performed well, but not consistent. Has been with club long enough to prove himself, but in fairness has had injuries and interrupted seasons. Needed to be a more complete player not just a one trick pony. He might get a chance over next few games or this season? Besides, we need every soldier at present. Otherwise maybe you can't turn a sows ear into a silk purse?

Last edited:
Agreed but the true quality of a player shows when the chips are down. Otherwise they’re ‘downhill skiers’.
I always remember Cousins dominating for us in 2001. He stood up but like now mainly due to everyone else falling away but Cuzz was a legend

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back