Strategy Round 7, 2023: Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

give the kids a few games in row ffs. Then sack them
Especially when there is only 26 to choose from.
Winning is hardly the main goal, and swapping these guys in and out is not going to move the dial as far as that goes but does have an effect on them.
Now it’s Trewies turn, now X’s, I wish Westie would get a go outside the 22.

Unless there is a niggle we aren't aware of, dropping Trew after one game for Xon who as not shown anything greater in his few chances this year is pretty poor selection IMO. Do I think it will make a difference? Ergo, do I GAF? Not really.

Don't know what to think of Petch? Used to be the speedy seagull, had moments or games where he's performed well, but not consistent. Has been with club long enough to prove himself, but in fairness has had injuries and interrupted seasons. Needed to be a more complete player not just a one trick pony. He might get a chance over next few games or this season? Besides, we need every soldier at present. Otherwise maybe you can't turn a sows ear into a silk purse?
Mate how many years has he been riding on one decent game? Give a young guy a chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Xon and like many other fringe 2nd or later around young mids we’ve had that have come and gone recently, he’s been the one with the nost promise. That said I think he’s a yard too slower to be that balanced midfielder at this level(he is suited to be) and too small be inside.

XON could get midfield minutes with Shuey and Trew out. Trew unlucky. West must be playing as some revolutionary decoy defensive forward.

Recalling O’Neill makes a lot of sense. He was dropped after the Geelong game, didn’t play last week, clearly his form couldn’t be ignored.
He's our Shuey replacement.

He'll do nothing for most of the game, although in Shuey's case it's because he's injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back