Autopsy Round 8, 2024 : Hawks leash the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantastic hard fought win by the lads.
All contributed in one way or another, and we actually looked like we were play for each other.
Big confidence booster.
One of the contests of the year, dogs fought hard too despite some strange (read Bevo) coaching decisions.
Future looks bright, just need to bring that tenacity every week

Best thing about that win is the maturity we showed throughout. Could've dropped our bundle in the first when Sic went down.

Challenged multiple times, just kept getting up and fighting back. Huge win for the psyche of the group.

Absolutely. Those are the kind of wins that help build young sides.

What a great gutsy win!
Just as aside , does anyone have the goals and behinds numbers on the following :
Gunston
Ginnivan
Watson
For this season. Been quite wasteful in front of the sticks.

We've played 4 of the top 5 (and the suns up there)

The ridiculously hard nature of that draw has masked the fact that we are no where near as bad as the doomsday posts and media reports have indicated.

I still think we are playing one Key defender short - which would allow us to do fun things with Sicily and Scrimshaw

Team was awesome today - Frosty holding it together down back, Meek is proving that he is not just our number one ruck but one of the better ones in the comp. Great games from Amon and Impey

A real captain's game from Sicily today

But the highlight for me was Gunston and Dear - the veteran and the debutant - linked by their positions on the ground and recent losses of fathers. Lovely moments all around

gotta love this club

If we could only bring that effort every week.

Calsher was not out of place, it’s nice to have a key forward who can clunk a mark but also put on forward pressure.

Thought the Wiz after missing that sitter had some key moments, shows his mindset

Meeks best game in Hawks colours by a mile

Jars was awesome all day

Weddle is so composed for a second year player and hardly lost a one on one

A real team effort all afternoon

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win! It just shows its between the ears for us, when we can sustain that effort you can see that we will be a good team in another 2/3 years.

Only concern outside of Sicilys shoulder is day having a serious looking chat with Peter burge at the end of the coverage, hopefully nothing to worry about there

Gutsy as win . Jumped then got back into it.
Challenged several times and responded each time .

Sam/coaches - you were right and I was way wrong. Calsher was terrific on debut ( please let's be patient here though )

A lot of pre game comments don't look great .
Back the coaches and players on this journey .

Going to enjoy this replay !!

So many things to touch on, but I'll limit my initial thoughts to just one.

I'd love everybody to go back and watch the final few minutes and take notice of Jack Ginnivan.
We've heard about his footy smarts, and it was right there to see if you knew what you were looking for.

Multiple stoppages in the final minutes all over the ground, and Jack jumped in on most of them to ensure the ball didn't spill out and we got a repeat stoppage.
Bont was looking ominous that final quarter around those stoppages and Ginni ensured there was no chance of a ball spilling out of a pack into his hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back