Preview Round 9, 2023: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 14th May, 1:10PM AEST *SINCLAIR 150TH*

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • Saints

Votes: 40 52.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can lock Ross in for at least ten years IMO. We’ve dropped down to 12th for points scored though so at some point during those ten years you’d like to see us at least top 6 for a few seasons.

Another 10 years will see out his coaching career, he will be retirement age by then.

I can't see him coaching anywhere else unless we sack him, I think he is all in now on winning us a flag, it would be the ultimate redemption story.

There isn't anyone better on the radar than Ross right now, he will get given enough time to get us a flag and he is already getting great results.

I might have a few minor quibbles over his selections but I couldn't be happier that he is our coach again and I hope he is there for the long term.
Absolutely agree- We all might quibble here and there with selections and scoring (and I’ve been critical of our last 7 quarters) but really with our list and the injuries we have had the results to date have been nothing short of remarkable by RTB and the coaching panel.

We are relevant again and there is huge upside as:

• Injuries reduce
  • young guns mature (think Owens, Windhager, Pou, NAS, Hammer & we haven’t really seen Hotton, Keeler, McLennan)
  • the game plan is embedded & tweaked next season
  • the list is turned over & hopefully some smart trading / drafting
Any talk about any other coach than RTB at the moment is just crazy, anyone thinking that please have a Bex & lie down!

Another 10 years will see out his coaching career, he will be retirement age by then.

I can't see him coaching anywhere else unless we sack him, I think he is all in now on winning us a flag, it would be the ultimate redemption story.
He’d be the safest coach in the league after probably Chris Scott. There’s no way with our miserable history that we’d ever move him on for some untried assistant.

He’d be the safest coach in the league after probably Chris Scott. There’s no way with our miserable history that we’d ever move him on for some untried assistant.
If Lyon keeps us in the race for finals in the next few games, then all is well- I hope he does, but we were still looking at possible finals under Ratten this time last season, so the big test is on.

If Lyon keeps us in the race for finals in the next few games, then all is well- I hope he does, but we were still looking at possible finals under Ratten this time last season, so the big test is on.
Fair enough but Ratts never had an injury list last year like we have had this season to date - worst in the AFL I would think

With a Ratten team you never knew what you were going to get. Ross lead teams have been to multiple grand finals and prelims, pretty fair difference there.

We have a much easier fixture run than last season which should help. I would never have said this at the start of the year, but finals should be the expectation. I don't think we'll do much though...probably just make up the numbers, or sneak a win like in 2020.
Next year, we should be looking better and stronger.

I think I can see it now, Coops steps up onto the dais to accept his Norm Smith medal...I starting to truly believe.
Took a little time, but you finally got there…
( about as long as it took the Titanic to sink) 🤣😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's totally different this year versus last year. We're way more consistent this year, last year who knows what we were going to get and there more than a few games where we totally gave up - last week's game wasn't a great game to watch, but the game against Essendon was the worst game I've ever seen us play, we totally gave up, I went out a brought a cat so I'd have something to kick.

This year, look at our losses, we've fought all the way to the end, and that's really all you can ask for of the team. Not sure we'll get the biscuits this weekend, but expect to be challenging for the whole game.

Retirement time, ( after the threepeat ) i see a succession plan........

Here it is ....
Harvey or Hayes.

Let the debate begin.

Bigger threat to the fabric than the Van Rooyen case.
Ross is a football savant, but FMD he looks like a special needs person with his long shorts, dowager hump, big beer gut and his infamous Sashay.
He looks *en comical. Good thing he can coach.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
you're just jealous of his animal magnetism. Honestly tho love ross's vibe, he's single handedly makin beer guts and double chins cool

I’ll be shocked if we win this game.
Crows form not looking so flash now. Lost to an injury-stricken Geelong (albeit in Geelong) by 4 goals, last week, who tonight lost to an injury-stricken Richmond by 4 goals. The Cats are incredibly beatable rn, with up to 9 best 22 missing.

Adelaides big weapon is their forward line, but it hasn’t been firing of late. Rachele and Thilthorp 1 goal between them in the last 4 weeks, and D-Fog has been hobbling around and hasn’t kicked a sausage for 3 weeks.

They’re also rocking a short backline, while we have 5 guys around 190cm or above who are genuine marking threats.

If we really bring it they’ll have to step it up quite a bit on their most recent form to beat us, IMO.

Last edited:
Looking forward to watching this game. It'll be interesting to see how the forward line goes with Hammer, GOAT and Members. Members has no excuses this game as he should be able to take the 3rd tall defender. Our best forwardline yet imo.

Think Crows will have us tho. Home ground advantage. They're quick thru the mids and have some good ball users thru the mids who might get thru our zone, which will be our achilles heel if they an get it thru and inside quick enough and our defence will be stretched with their small forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back