Preview Round 9, 2023: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 14th May, 1:10PM AEST *SINCLAIR 150TH*

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • Saints

Votes: 40 52.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I feel like the ranking of draws is very limited in its data set.

I’d be curious to see where each club sat at the round they played us v a live round update of where they sit.

For example weren’t the bombers third when we beat them? They are 9th today.

Fair. I meant as at now, as I think the top 6, middle 6 and bottom 6 (particularly the bottom 6) are fairly well defined and unlikely to change much.

That has never stopped you before

just when you think you've escaped they drag you back in...

ok if you are want my brutal honesty I think there is a fair chunk of the current list that won't be around in 2 to 3 years while Lyon probes for the team he thinks are capable of reaching a GF...and so I'm still of the firm belief Sharman will be cut at seasons end.

damn you Mowman...I was trying to avoid your tractor beam.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

George, what do you boys think?

Needs a rest?

Drop for Billings?
Not a doubt in my mind. He's pushing the boundaries of what the human body is capable of, defying our biological make-up beyond the point of complete and utter exhaustion. We are witnessing human evolution in real-time.

Soggy biscuit Billings comes straight in while a group of scientists attends to Pou, extracting samples of his blood for a race of superhumans.

Last year I timed my holidays in SW WA so that I could see us play at Optus (part of a bucket list plan to see us play in every capital city).
We won, in the end easily.
This year I have timed my holidays so that I can see us play at Adelaide Oval.
Trust the process.
Trust me.

I am the good luck talisman.
Saints, running away with the game in the last.

🔴⚪⚫

Not convinced we'll bring Caminiti straight back in if King plays. One thing that's always been a hallmark of Lyons coaching over the years is that he sticks fat with guys who are doing their job. Especially when the team's winning. In some ways it's harder to get into a Lyon coached side than to get out of it.
He has a penchant for role players. Although he was a commentator the last couple of years he wasn't watching us every week so he's come to us with no preconceived ideas. Maybe only with Brad Hill. But guys like Byrnes and Bytel have struck a clean slate thankfully. Possibly Sharman too.

Fair. I meant as at now, as I think the top 6, middle 6 and bottom 6 (particularly the bottom 6) are fairly well defined and unlikely to change much.

I reckon that the bottom 3 look like they'll be pretty set and the top 4 in quality stands out. That said fixture, double ups and and injury won't mean that's how the ladder will end up.

Bottom three Hawks, Roos and West Coast. Barely competitive and you'd need to have a bad day to lose to them. Richmond have a toe in that pool but just slightly better.

Goldy, Freo, Sydney and probably Tigers in the next group that could push up into the 8 but are not convincing on recent form.

We sit in a pool with Adelaide, Port, Essendon, Carlton, Dogs.

Just above us is probably Brisbane where they are a bit classier than most in our group and more proven but need to show more to move into the next group.

Then the cream. Melbourne, Collingwood, Geelong. All look like they would be worthy flag winners.

We need to keep knocking off teams in our pool or below and we can easily push for a spot in the top 4.

I reckon that the bottom 3 look like they'll be pretty set and the top 4 in quality stands out. That said fixture, double ups and and injury won't mean that's how the ladder will end up.

Bottom three Hawks, Roos and West Coast. Barely competitive and you'd need to have a bad day to lose to them. Richmond have a toe in that pool but just slightly better.

Goldy, Freo, Sydney and probably Tigers in the next group that could push up into the 8 but are not convincing on recent form.

We sit in a pool with Adelaide, Port, Essendon, Carlton, Dogs.

Just above us is probably Brisbane where they are a bit classier than most in our group and more proven but need to show more to move into the next group.

Then the cream. Melbourne, Collingwood, Geelong. All look like they would be worthy flag winners.

We need to keep knocking off teams in our pool or below and we can easily push for a spot in the top 4.
Giants folded I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back