Game Day Round 9, 2024 - Adelaide vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I'm wrong but this game has the same feel to me at half time as the Giants game did.

Dominated most of the first half , missed set shots and still managed to trail at half time.

Our third quarters have been horrible all season so we need a total form reversal just to stay in this.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We all know Tex is going to get a good run at this at some point. The midfield problems are going to become paramount

We all know Tex is going to get a good run at this at some point. The midfield problems are going to become paramount

Not with the Payne train shutting him down.

Had an opportunity to spoil 20m back into attack but went for a mark and dropped it in that quarter. I think sometimes could just play the percentages more especially on gun key forwards

McKenna seems to have lost a yard of pace. Seems to be struggling or carrying something. If Answerth is fit next week I'd swap him.

Neale has got Mitch Robbo bad habit going now. Single big lunge at the ball carrier and then stand around watching the ball rebound. Proactiveness missing.

Wouldn’t say we’ve been the better team. Mids have struggle apart from Neale early and Berry for about 5 minutes.

If predictability is a key indicator of rucks, I'd hate to be roving Oscar.

View attachment 1987137
Worrying numbers defensively but promising in attack. Our attacking % has tended to decline throughout matches tho so a big watch here.
As forecast, our ability to generate shots from our entries declined markedly during that quarter:
Screenshot_20240512_172204_AFL.jpg
And on top of that of course there is the usual 🤷 👇

I don't think he has tbh. Berry has taken his minutes as we have Sharp and Reville in the side now which has pushed Berry inside.
He had a couple centre bounces. Maybe a little less coming up the ground. We just need more from the bloke. It's no more excuses now IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If predictability is a key indicator of rucks, I'd hate to be roving Oscar.
I don't think even Oscar knows what's going to happen until the ball hits the top of the bounce curve / throw up curve and starts its descent.

McKenna seems to have lost a yard of pace. Seems to be struggling or carrying something. If Answerth is fit next week I'd swap him.
McKenna doesn't want to defend. That's a pretty fundamental problem when you're a, well, "defender". That attitude certainly contributes to your perception I believe.

Had an opportunity to spoil 20m back into attack but went for a mark and dropped it in that quarter. I think sometimes could just play the percentages more especially on gun key forwards
Got that good mark earlier and confidence must’ve peaked

He’s getting first hands but these mids aren’t roving well at all

That's the problem - when he's getting a clear tap, he's not tapping it near our mids. I sincerely doubt all three mids are running the wrong way and Oscar is tapping it to the right spots.

McKenna doesn't want to defend. That's a pretty fundamental problem when you're a, well, "defender". That attitude certainly contributes to your perception I believe.

I'd be subbing him for Brain at this stage.

The last goal, ball was on the ground and as a small defender I expected him to be proactive, go for the groundball. He stood back and waited for poor Andrews to bend down and get it, Adelaide smalls swopped on it in the meantime.

Payne train can go from diesel to steam pretty quickly.

Payne train can go from diesel to steam pretty quickly.
Don't jinx him, he's playing with confidence. The fact that he's coming high up to either mark the ball or spoil looks pretty promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back