Prediction Round 9, 2024: Changes vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out: yeo, long and sheed, Edward’s.
In: Brockman, buriel, Cully, trew?

With sheed and Edward’s in the team we look so one dimensional and treacle slow.

I can hardly remember a more frustrating performance. Don't think anyone picked up a ball below their knees all night.

Ryan should be dropped until his WAFL form demands selection, and that should have happened last week.

Cripps should be relegated to sub for that moronic indiscretion when Snake was about to have a shot for goal. Completely tiktokked behaviour for a senior player.

Sheed and his soggy noodle arms have no place in the team. Unfortunately I can see him and Gaff contesting the first CBD next week given the likely outs.

In: Culley, Rawlinson, Hall, Maric, Burgiel
Out: Yeo, Long, Sheed, Edwards, Ryan

Cripps as sub, Johnston to start.

Just throwing darts at the board/shuffling the deck chairs here at the moment lol.
Will need to see the outcome of the WAFL game tomorrow of course.
Hopefully Reid is totally fine to play next week, he seemed to be anyway.

Outs: Long, Yeo, Sheed
Ins: Brockman, Maric, Hunt

I reckon theyll put Petch in to replace Yeo in the midfield like they did last week with no Reid. If Culley or Trew play well tomorrow theyre options too. Would like to think Burgiel is getting close to a debut too, hard to say before the WAFL team plays.

I also think they persist with Ryan, if Ryan is out bring in another mid or Burgiel

Outs: Long, Yeo, Sheed
Ins: Brockman, Maric, Hunt

I reckon theyll put Petch in to replace Yeo in the midfield like they did last week with no Reid. If Culley or Trew play well tomorrow theyre options too. Would like to think Burgiel is getting close to a debut too, hard to say before the WAFL team plays.

I also think they persist with Ryan, if Ryan is out bring in another mid or Burgiel
If Trew plays well again and isn't given a go next week, I'm not sure if he'll ever get another AFL game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If everyone was fit Cripps, Ryan, Ledwards and Sheed wouldn't be playing.

Given the injury list, I see Cripps being saved after he apologises to the playing group, and Ledwards because who's there to replace him?

Out - Ryan, Sheed, Yeo (inj), Long (inj)
In - Maric, Brockman, Hall, Trew (to sub)

Ryan to be told to either get up to the fitness level required or he's not playing again. I would hope if he doesn't pull his finger out and get his fitness up they trade him end of year, though his contract situation may stop that if he doesn't want to go. Either way he shouldn't be playing again until he has shown he has the fitness required.

Absolutely devastated for Yeo. That could be his career right there.
Too early to make such drastic predictions.
Let's just hope for the best for Yeo. 🙏
Reaction GIF

Last edited:
When Rotham kicked the ball sideways without even glancing forward and we lost possession, I died inside a little bit, when will he ******* learn and when will the coach explain that’s not acceptable.

Yeo didn't look too dejected after the game. Hopefully this is a case of the club being overly cautious.

For mine sheed has to go. He was trash tonight and I don't think he is capable of playing a role in modern footy. I'd rather gaff in then him, and gaff is cooked.

Ledwards I'm not sure I see it. You can see what positives someone like chess can bring with his skill and intensity and worth persisting with.. but for ledwards he seems too limited. Seems like a good kid but I think he needs to go back to wafl.

Out: Yeo ( :cry: ) Witherden, Sheed, Long.
In: Trew, H Edwards, Brockman, Johnston

I think it was a mistake not to play Harry Edwards tonight, as everyone noticed Rotham returned to being a spud and it's because he was playing on Jones who's too tall for him.

Witherden is too slow to be a defender, play 3 talls and let Rotham be one of the smaller guys.

Trew should have been playing this week but had a concussion, bring him in.

Brockman can come back in because Cripps needs to be suffer some form of consequence and we can't drop him. He can be sub with Harvey Johnston starting.

Ryan is not going to be dropped after Simpson told everyone last week he's committed to playing him into form in the seniors. Maybe a chance to play with his mate Brockman will fire him up.

I'm a Luke Edwards defender so I'll mention he led the side for distance at high speed again tonight and bizarrely was equal 3rd on ground for top speed. I'll be fine with him making way for Hall in due corse but I would just say that its obvious he's playing the cursed defensive winger/hhf role and if we can afford to put that spud Sheed into centre bounces we should be giving some of these younger blokes a bit more of a chance to set up closer to the action.

It's a disgrace Chesser doesn't get a shot in there either.

The other point to be made about Edwards is I just don't think you can drop a guy who's in your top 10 for distance covered, not when you are carrying underdone senior players. We've got back into the game of doing that the past 2 week and all of a sudden Yeo's overdone it and maybe Harley's done something too.

Passengers cost you injuries to workhorses. But we will never learn.

Edit: my bad twce13

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back