Crying

Elvis
Love Me Tender
Can't Help Falling In Love With You
Return To Sender
Are You Lonesome Tonight

Wooden Heart
Suspicious Minds

Not really a fan of either but musically I'd go for Elvis if only for his early rockers and the wonderful "Kentucky Rain".
Roy strikes me as a nicer person though.

i voted Elvis as his body of work had a much stronger influence on so many people but Orbison had an amazing voice especially on tunes like crying. Then again elvis was pretty good on wooden heart... a very tough choice

Roy at least wrote his own material so was more talented in that regard. I prefer his voice too, a lesser known song of Roy's is Running Scared that is one of the most beautiful songs ever written. It was covered by Nick Cave at one stage. Elvis could sing a bit though don't get me wrong.

Roy at least wrote his own material so was more talented in that regard. I prefer his voice too, a lesser known song of Roy's is Running Scared that is one of the most beautiful songs ever written. It was covered by Nick Cave at one stage. Elvis could sing a bit though don't get me wrong.
Love that song as well. Didn't Nick change the words for the last part though? i can't remember.

I grew up listening to my mum playing Roy so i tend to favour him over Elvis. Both great though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to give it to the King, although IMO he did tail off fairly spectacularly in the mid-Sixties (Roy fell out of favour during that time too).

But Roy was one of the true gentlemen of rock 'n' roll, particularly given the tragedies he endured (first wife killed in a motorcycle accident, two sons burnt to death in a house fire).

Great to see Roy doing so well

I think he deserves more credit simply for the fact that he wrote his own material

Go Roy!

Great to see Roy doing so well

I think he deserves more credit simply for the fact that he wrote his own material

Go Roy!

In fact I think Elvis may be one of the few early rockers who didn't write his own stuff. He was pretty much an old school song interpreter. Buddy Holly,Everly Bros,Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis all wrote there own material AFAIK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back