Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
A full list of all Internationals can be found on the ARU website here

Bledisloe Cup games on, Saturday 16 August, Saturday 23 August and Saturday 18 October. Venues are, ANZ, Eden Pk and Suncorp Stadium.

Super Rugby kicks off on Sat the 15th of feb in Sth Africa with round 2 from fri the 21st.

We will also see a National Rugby Comp kick off sometime this year through August and October.

ITM Cup and Currie Cup start around the same time.

I'm looking forward to the 6 Nations. First time I'll get to watch them properly (in Europe at the moment). I'll be supporting Ireland. If they can play like they did against the All Blacks in November they'll have a good chance.

Very interesting to see what happens with the NRC. The ARU can't afford for it to be a failure. I'd go with 3 teams in Sydney (North Harbour, South Harbour, West), 2 in Brisbane (North and South) and 1 each in Canberra, Melbourne and Perth. Would only consider starting out with 10 teams if there was some serious financial backing and long term commitment behind other bids. Could potentially have 4 in Sydney and another in Newcastle.

There was a rumour that Collingwood submitted an expression of interest. Not sure if that's true but would be interesting if they did.

I'm looking forward to the 6 Nations. First time I'll get to watch them properly (in Europe at the moment). I'll be supporting Ireland. If they can play like they did against the All Blacks in November they'll have a good chance.

Attending any of the games?

Other than a Scotland 6 Nations match would love to attend a French match at the Stade de France next year. Saw Racing Metro play Munster play there last year and loved it.

Very interesting to see what happens with the NRC. The ARU can't afford for it to be a failure. I'd go with 3 teams in Sydney (North Harbour, South Harbour, West), 2 in Brisbane (North and South) and 1 each in Canberra, Melbourne and Perth. Would only consider starting out with 10 teams if there was some serious financial backing and long term commitment behind other bids. Could potentially have 4 in Sydney and another in Newcastle.

Common Sense would have the Rebels, Force and Brumbies fielding development sides to cover Melbourne, Perth and Canberra and I agree with the 3 teams in Sydney (seems it will be Syd Uni by themselves and the other two sides being each a mix of 3 club sides together) and 2 for Brisbane. Think Newcastle would be a good idea and a 10th team from somewhere.

There was a rumour that Collingwood submitted an expression of interest. Not sure if that's true but would be interesting if they did.

Yeah, that would good down well.....

Attending any of the games?
I'm in London for the moment. Twickenham tickets are very hard to come by and cost too much on the black market. I think I'll just watch at the pub!

I went to the Ireland vs Australia match in Dublin in November which was good (for an Australian!) - now I've been to test matches at Twickenham, Millenium Stadium and the Aviva. All brilliant stadiums for rugby.

Common Sense would have the Rebels, Force and Brumbies fielding development sides to cover Melbourne, Perth and Canberra and I agree with the 3 teams in Sydney (seems it will be Syd Uni by themselves and the other two sides being each a mix of 3 club sides together) and 2 for Brisbane. Think Newcastle would be a good idea and a 10th team from somewhere.

Sydney Uni themselves makes financial sense I guess, though it could give them an unfair advantage in the shute shield going forward - not that they need it! And Sydney Uni isn't going to appeal to anyone that didn't / doesn't attend it so you could alienate some rugby fans in the East and South East parts of Sydney. The challenge for them as a stand alone team would be to try and draw their students and alumni to games in greater numbers than they do in sydney club rugby. They should look to what the colleges do in America because it obviously works.

West Sydney and the North Shore will definitely get teams you'd think. The North Shore team will probably do okay. That's heartland territory and I reckon they'll be able to get 5k+ to games pretty easily. The greater challenge will be for the western sydney team. Where to play and how to draw in enough fans to break even in such a huge geographical area where rugby is very small.

I'm going over to England, and whilst I'm over there me and some mates are meeting up and going to the Barbarians Vs Wallabies match at Twickenham, November 1st.
I'm not sure what to expect, I'm expecting a big night, but wondering if anyone knows where any Aussie supporters meet up before and after the game? Or any good places to go to?

I'm going over to England, and whilst I'm over there me and some mates are meeting up and going to the Barbarians Vs Wallabies match at Twickenham, November 1st.
I'm not sure what to expect, I'm expecting a big night, but wondering if anyone knows where any Aussie supporters meet up before and after the game? Or any good places to go to?

That should be an entertaining match and it's a great stadium. The stands are fairly steep so you get a good view from everywhere.

There are a few pubs around Twickenham that should all have good pre and post game atmosphere. Last time I was there I spent a bit of time at 'The Cabbage Patch' which was a good rugby pub. But I'm no expert on the Twickenham area.

Richmond is supposed to be popular before or after for a drink. There are more pubs there and it has a tube station. From there you can catch cheap buses that go to the stadium (it's only about 10-15 minutes away).

Afterwards, I'd recommend either going into the centre, Shoreditch or Clapham (there are direct trains from Twickenham to Clapham Junction) if you want a big night. The trains get absolutely packed leaving Twickenham though, so given it'll finish in the afternoon I'd have another drink or two near the stadium (or in Richmond) before heading off.

It'll be a serious session as the game kicks off at 2:30pm!

Last edited:
That should be an entertaining match and it's a great stadium. The stands are fairly steep so you get a good view from everywhere.

There are a few pubs around Twickenham that should all have good pre and post game atmosphere. Last time I was there I spent a bit of time at 'The Cabbage Patch' which was a good rugby pub. But I'm no expert on the Twickenham area.

Richmond is supposed to be popular before or after for a drink. There are more pubs there and it has a tube station. From there you can catch cheap buses that go to the stadium (it's only about 10-15 minutes away).

Afterwards, I'd recommend either going into the centre, Shoreditch or Clapham (there are direct trains from Twickenham to Clapham Junction) if you want a big night. The trains get absolutely packed leaving Twickenham though, so given it'll finish in the afternoon I'd have another drink or two near the stadium (or in Richmond) before heading off.

It'll be a serious session as the game kicks off at 2:30pm!

Cheers for that's, appreciate it!
Everything's going to be new to me over there so I'm sure ill head to one if not more of those pubs.
Yeah different time slot to what I'm used to but not everyday you go to a game on the other side of the world, so i'll make the most of it haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back