Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cachia. Where? At?
With Curnow missing a number of weeks now... I would like to think that he can come into the side straight away. However, the MC might want to bring in Graham or Holman as a replacement and use Carrazzo as our run with guy.

What I like most about Lucas was hearing his manager on radio last year say Lucas will stay at the club as long as the club will have him as he feels he has unfinished business here. Shows to me he is determined to get it right.

That's great to hear. Unfinished business is a really good way to describe what Kane's position is at the club. We all saw what he could do in year 1. You don't lose your talent, so it's clearly a confidence thing with him.

That's great to hear. Unfinished business is a really good way to describe what Kane's position is at the club. We all saw what he could do in year 1. You don't lose your talent, so it's clearly a confidence thing with him.
Exactly.

I came across the Carlton Geelong game from 2010 at the G on YouTube the other week. Lucas was a completely different player. He backed himself. Running everywhere. Played on Milburn I think.
Saw shades of it on Sunday. Could be well on his way to recapturing that form we saw in his debut year before being struck down by horrible hamstring injuries.

Exactly.

I came across the Carlton Geelong game from 2010 at the G on YouTube the other week. Lucas was a completely different player. He backed himself. Running everywhere. Played on Milburn I think.
Saw shades of it on Sunday. Could be well on his way to recapturing that form we saw in his debut year before being struck down by horrible hamstring injuries.

I remember that game, I think that was also the year Simon White made his debut and they both had great games for first year players!! Remember thinking they had a bright future at carlton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a Lucas defender hoping he can keep the improvement up also on the Watson defence and buckley bandwagon too
I like this! Let's back in all our boys, and give them the support they need (we are supporters after all)! no more whipping boys ... Especially young guys like Lucas, Watson, and Buckley. Let them learn without us supporters criticizing. They have enough on their plate without those who are meant to be their supporters adding more pressure on them. Sure it can be frustrating sometimes but these players and the club need us to back them in. They need time to learn and to be assured of our confidence in them. It's time we do that for all our players and let
Malthouse deal with them if they don't follow team plans and/or procedures.

He changed how he ran after those hamstrings, didn't he? Am I the only one who thinks he's got a fairly unorthodox gait going? Looks really awkward when he runs. Could take some lessons from Yaz.
He used to be a really fluid runner... covered the deck quite quickly really and then he ripped his hamstrings to shreds.

The old medico's we had diagnosed him as having hip issues and had him change his gait and stride. That saw him lose about a half a yard of pace and suddenly he wasnt the same player anymore and it affected his game. Then Mick arrived and started playing him again and gave him a run of 17 games before he ran out of puff at the end of the season (he didnt get dropped late in the season last year... he was replaced because after his first full uninterrupted pre-season, he was found to be out of tank and was running out of fitness too quickly. Plus he had some things to work on... so he went back to the Bullants to work on his core fitness and the few little things the coaches picked up on... and now he has returned.

With a bit more luck this year, he will run out the whole season :)

But... if they pull on the navy blue... I will defend them no matter how bad they are. Because they are Carlton players.

I wish I could be as unequivocal in my support like you are, however, when certain players decide to actually "trash" the jumper by not giving it 100% all the time, then they will incur my wrath regardless of what their reputation is.

Playing for Carlton is a privilege, not a right so any player who doesn't want to embrace and espouse those strong standards that were set by the many greats of yesteryear, then heaven help them, their ears will be burning.

Exactly.

And I don't think Ratts did him any favours by either starting him in the green vest or subbing him out late in the game. Just had no fluidity in his game, and therefore his confidence fell away. If we all want to see the best of Kane, then he has to play as many full games at AFL level as he can.

I like this! Let's back in all our boys, and give them the support they need (we are supporters after all)! no more whipping boys ... Especially young guys like Lucas, Watson, and Buckley. Let them learn without us supporters criticizing. They have enough on their plate without those who are meant to be their supporters adding more pressure on them. Sure it can be frustrating sometimes but these players and the club need us to back them in. They need time to learn and to be assured of our confidence in them. It's time we do that for all our players and let
Malthouse deal with them if they don't follow team plans and/or procedures.

People on here complain all the time about Carlton not being enough of a supporters Club and how it is ruled by evil rich people who are conspiring to keep the Club stuck in the past century and are clueless about football. Then you read opinions like this above- where supporters are supposed to shut up about any issues they see and just back the players ....

Well what is the point of a forum if supporters can't swap ideas? I am a Carlton supporter - I support Carlton - THE CLUB - I don't support anyone on the Board or Management or player - I am a supporter who will not sit quietly after watching two weeks of insipid and gutless and unprofessional attitude from too many players. We are Carlton NOT Richmond or Melbourne !!!

Carlton should be competing for a top4 place every year - not a consolation prize! Too many of these players play as if they have entitlements and performance is an option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any truth to the rumour about us and Caleb Mourish?
I heard that we are still working through a few issues mainly being length of contract and $$$$.

We are happy to offer work experience in the team store with free coffees from the canteen.

Mourish's management want a daily muffin thrown in to the deal.

I heard that we are still working through a few issues mainly being length of contract and $$$$.

We are happy to offer work experience in the team store with free coffees from the canteen.

Mourish's management want a daily muffin thrown in to the deal.

Whatever it takes - we need to beat Collingwoods offer of a bottle of gatorade.

Just read something interesting... a rumour that the new AFL CEO thought that he was good enough to play for Carlton as a ruckman. According to his wiki page, his profile on the AFL website and the news.com.au website, he was on our supplementary list for a couple of seasons, but got the shove from Parko. He went on to play 240 games for the Uni Blues as a ruckman... including a handful for the VAFA state team.

First time that I have ever heard of it.

Also didnt realise that he was that tall compared to fat vlad...

I have heard a little rumour that a recently retired AFL player here in Perth will be handing himself in to WA police today to answer some very serious allegations.

Can't name names but expect it to be in the press shortly.

I have heard a little rumour that a recently retired AFL player here in Perth will be handing himself in to WA police today to answer some very serious allegations.

Can't name names but expect it to be in the press shortly.
Well the most recently retired players are Nick Duigan and Mitch Clark. - only one of them is from WA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back