Running Thread - Join our Strava Club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Started up again today after almost a month with hamstring and calf problems. Physio finally gave me the OK on Thursday.

Went for a 5km run today, it was tough!!!!! Whether it was the long break, the 3 pints last night or the pizza for dinner, I was really struggling.

Got my heart rate up higher than I have on any run, 192.

It was great to have a run again!!!

Only 27km short of 1,000kms for the year going in to the weekend but didn't even get out for a run. Had anticipated I'd have ticked that box off this weekend. The out of control work, family, looking for house factors finally caught up with me and I hit the wall of extreme exhaustion. With the wife still struggling with her infection and unable to contribute around the house, I'm running on fumes at the moment.

I'll aim for 27kms for the week coming. Still be pretty stoked to have run 1,000 kms by the end of August when the goal at the start of the year was to cover that distance over 12 months.

Though you & Gordo did well to back up Saturdays big runs with another yesterday. I had a rest day. Stayed in Geelong last night, had a great run along the Barwon river this morning. Really need to consider moving down there full time.

Though you & Gordo did well to back up Saturdays big runs with another yesterday. I had a rest day. Stayed in Geelong last night, had a great run along the Barwon river this morning. Really need to consider moving down there full time.
I get envious of my parents who get to walk their 10km around the Barwon 3-4 times a week. I only get to go down there once or twice a year these days.

Really didnt appreciate Geelong (that side of it) enough when I lived there.

Hope you're feeling better Sir Swans and I hope the run goes great Purrfect Pussies - looks an awesome place.

Haven't run in about a week and to be honest I'm just lacking the zest for it right now. Wife going through a health scare and we're waiting on results (not to do with infected hand). A run would probably do me good but I'm feeling flat as hell and struggling to find the energy. This next week or so of waiting.............feel nauseous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope you're feeling better Sir Swans and I hope the run goes great Purrfect Pussies - looks an awesome place.

Haven't run in about a week and to be honest I'm just lacking the zest for it right now. Wife going through a health scare and we're waiting on results (not to do with infected hand). A run would probably do me good but I'm feeling flat as hell and struggling to find the energy. This next week or so of waiting.............feel nauseous.

Sounds bad hope it all goes well mate

Oh man, the wait is over and it's all clear.............or at least not the worst case.

Surprised we got the news so quickly, thought it was going to take another week or 2.

Short story, breast lump. Not cancer.

Crying. Happy tears though.

Oh man, the wait is over and it's all clear.............or at least not the worst case.

Surprised we got the news so quickly, thought it was going to take another week or 2.

Great news mate!

Fantastic news mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back