russia-asks-greece-join-brics-bank

Remove this Banner Ad

Having Greece and its maritime infrastructure onside would be a massive coup for Russia and China. Not to mention it signals to other struggling countries in the EU that there is an alternative.

Having Greece and its maritime infrastructure onside would be a massive coup for Russia and China. Not to mention it signals to other struggling countries in the EU that there is an alternative.

how is this "alternative" qualitatively different though? it's just another bank with different people at the helm.

how is this "alternative" qualitatively different though? it's just another bank with different people at the helm.
Fair point, though in Greece's case I guess it will make them a more important player if they can be Russia and China's entry point to Europe.

i honestly thought i had that guy pegged. i know conspiracism transcends the left-right divide, but the white nationalist stuff really took me by surprise.

Yeah, me too. I was wondering if he'd just got cultural preservation within the multi-culture confused with ethno-separatism but it all got clearer in the end. I read that whole thread, and had some questions for SB, but alas...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i honestly thought i had that guy pegged. i know conspiracism transcends the left-right divide, but the white nationalist stuff really took me by surprise.
Nah, there's a strain of stuff that's emerged in the past few years like the Dark Enlightenment and human biodiversity that straddles the same thinking. What he was posting wasn't unusual, although it had a hint of old school anti-semiticism. Straight out of the darker corners of 4chan and Reddit.

Last edited:
Nah, there's a strain of stuff that's emerged in the past few years like the Dark Enlightenment and human biodiversity that straddles the same thinking. What he was posting wasn't unusual, although it had a hint of old school anti-semiticism. Straight out of the darker corners of 4chan and Reddit.

Can you give me a summary of SB situation

The anti Semitism brush gets thrown around an awful lot, in general

Can you give me a summary of SB?

The anti Semitism brush gets thrown around an awful lot
Citing Kevin McDonald is a pretty good start. Funnily enough I'd come across his stuff a couple of months before Smiling Buddha referenced it.

to anything that I have posted. All you have is white noise

I am unsure of any substantive arguments you've made that are worth replying to? certainly nothing in this thread? do you normally accuse people of not responding to the sum total of posts you've made on a forum? :confused: if you are the coup, I already smashed your lefty nonsense before you got suspended.

Very interesting development and one no doubt that has many people in Brussels, Geneva, London, Washington and Frankfurt very anxious.

If indeed this invitation is true and in July (at the next scheduled BRICS Summit), the existing BRICS nations do decide to bring Greece into the fold - provided Greece accept the invitation- this would signal a meaningful change in direction of the emergent development bank.

The inclusion of debt-crippled, relative economic minnow Greece will signal a geopolitical rather than purely financial move for the BRICS as whilst Greece can offer little financially, as awaremind mentioned strategically Greece would be invaluable for the BRICS with their European ports and shipping lanes and location in southeastern Europe, being one of the closest European states to the Asian and African continents.

Should Greece accept the invite, the BRICS may be emboldened to pursue more provocative potential suitors in future to further strengthened their economic and strategic assets. With that mind, Turkey, Iran, Syria and Libya would be logical next steps for them if this is indeed what the BRICS have in mind to rival the established IMF and World Bank.

In the meantime before July, Greece may well benefit with the West throwing economic carrots to lure them away from joining the BRICS. Interesting times.

I am unsure of any substantive arguments you've made that are worth replying to? certainly nothing in this thread? do you normally accuse people of not responding to the sum total of posts you've made on a forum? :confused: if you are the coup, I already smashed your lefty nonsense before you got suspended.

more white noise

Can you give me a summary of SB situation
Read the thread "Multicultural Poll" still on this board and draw your own conclusions.

The anti Semitism brush gets thrown around an awful lot, in general
True, along with the racist brush unfortunately. That's how words lose meaning :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back