Player Watch Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan Burton's promo was the same scripted promo that they gave Byrne-Jones the year before. Probably written by Daniel Norton.
Whilst cringe, it wasn’t as hateful as the media make it out to be. He said, “we hate the club” and then followed up with “we love playing in these games”. So it was clearly an attempt to build the rivalry up a bit.

Regardless of what Burton said (and I didn't see the interview), the bottom line for me is how he has gone from arguably our most reliable mid sized defender, the bloke who could be moved onto an oppo mid sized tall or smaller forward who had got off the chain, to the card board cut out he was in the showdown has to at least suggest he is playing injured.

Regardless of what Burton said (and I didn't see the interview), the bottom line for me is how he has gone from arguably our most reliable mid sized defender, the bloke who could be moved onto an oppo mid sized tall or smaller forward who had got off the chain, to the card board cut out he was in the showdown has to at least suggest he is playing injured.
Or Bassett is a terrible coach!

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having a rough patch....has been thrown around a fair bit this season, hasn't been settled. Still a quality player imo, just needs to get his confidence back.
It's pretty crap what's been happening to Burton this year. Clearly Hinkley want him to do jobs outside his comfort zone but too stubborn to put him back where he excels. Now he is a mess and lost motivation. Another master-stroke by Ken.

Hopefully he takes it as a bit of a lesson and gets his s**t together.

Stop talking to the media when you can’t back it up. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
yep needs to shut it down. Very poor from by him

in fact the whole club needs to shut up

we have nothing to be pounding our chests about, and even if we have at some point in the future, shut the hell up

good clubs don't talk this rubbish

How about we just choose -anyone- else to speak to the media? His form all year doesn't warrant a spot in the side, he was horrible on the weekend, so whats the point other to embarass him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like the proverbial downhill skier. Sometimes looks good when the team is going well doing the defensive grunt work and he can just swan around, but when the side is under the pump and needs players to stand up, he won't be one of them. To be fair, he's not Robinson Crusoe in that regard.

Swap him for Riley Bonner

looked proppy all day. Can't stand how he tries to kick the ball on the outside of his foot. Straighten up for **** sake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back