Official Match Thread S19 R13 - Mount Buller Demons vs. East Side Hawks at Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

N0BMukT.png

vs.

mVwEqwB.png

The Demons and the Hawks – two of the oldest clubs in the league – square off this Sunday in what should be an entertaining match. Both teams presently sit on the ladder. Where exactly, well, I can’t say, that would mean I would actually have to put work into this preview, and I mean, * that. Also, spoilers. But rest assured, they’re on the ladder, and isn’t that enough of an accomplishment in this day and age? This answer is, inevitably, no.

I did manage to speak to a pair of prominent players from each club in preparation for this clash.

Me: Well cooney, how do you feel about playing for the Demons?

cooney:
When I was wee lad, back in Surrey, romping with my school chums in the fens and spinneys, where the twilight bathed the hedgerows like a lambent flame—

Me: I am sorry, that’s all the time we have. [signals for next guest] Ahh… Dagless, what’s up? How do you think the Hawks are tracking as finals near closer?

Dagless: We're doing all we can. But I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

Me: Okay.

I think the Demons will win by 12 as the ghost of admin’s past conspire to make up for the mistake of Okey becoming admin instead of Eth.

That's the best preview ever written for a Demons/Hawks clash in round 13, Season 19.

Well done Marlowe. You get a free yellow snow cone when we win.

#thedemonsthe

All I can think about playing the Demons is Bulla ice cream. It'll surely improve my performance after last week, that one behind I kicked was absolutely crucial to our victory.

Sugar free cruisers and ice cream for all (Hawks) after we win.

#geauxhawks

Oh, the Demons.

Eth I'm about a 0th of the way through writing that article :/
Heh, at the same percentage of completion as the Hawks' chance of four points this week.

So I'd start writing... :D

No. I'm not a champ yet. But I will be after I win the GF with these lads.
Shouldn't you concentrate on actually making the finals first? Considering you can still slip up and miss which will make okeydoke7's thread, the greatest thread of all time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You sound so excited there, okey.
I…yes.
Heh, at the same percentage of completion as the Hawks' chance of four points this week.

So I'd start writing... :D
Horrible Eth. Just horrible.

I do aim to write it, I promise. If you had given me more dirt I would have gone straight away. But I will do it by the end of the season.

4 points. Top 4. I'm getting close to 400 goals.

#Hawksfor4

4 points. Top 4. I'm getting close to 400 goals.

#Hawksfor4
That's three, you muppet. Jeez, you've already fallen short of the four and the actual game's ages away.

Let's see, dirt, dirt...there wasn't really much dirt. There was a bunch of old paint cans in the garage...

That's three, you muppet. Jeez, you've already fallen short of the four and the actual game's ages away.

Let's see, dirt, dirt...there wasn't really much dirt. There was a bunch of old paint cans in the garage...
You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

Statement matement. All that matters is that the Hawks are the best team out there!
Best team out there at what? Because it definitely isn't qooty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back