Official Match Thread S19 R14 - Gold City Royals vs. Mount Buller Demons @ The Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't worry Royals, I've got a whole bunch of motion-sickness tablets if any of you are suffering from vertigo.
I'm not feeling sick, but I'm scared of heights. Have you got a quick fix for that? Since I don't think we're dropping down from this height any time soon.

Last edited:
I'm sure lanky_wes is prepared to take one for the team. Because after all, it's going to be our team that stands tall at the end of the day.
You can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first.

I'm not feeling sick, but I'm scared of heights. Have you got a quick fix for that? Since I don't think we're dropping down from this height any time soon.

Sure. I can cure you on Sunday if you like. It's a gradual process, so you'll barely notice. I'm a helper.

If you don't kick 12+, and lose, I want that fact acknowledged in your signature. Something along the lines of, "the Royals are the best, and Marlowe is totally more handsome than Wise Guy Sam".
No deal.

1000.jpg

"That reminds me, I have to tip the Gold City Royals this week."

It is so good to be at the top of the ladder and I'd rather be here where we are 2 games off the very top than being behind those dirty good for nothing NWO flogs. So we have to work extra hard to get to #1 and it starts this week.

It has been a long season but I feel my form has been fairly decent. Over 40 goals for the season and no really big bags, just a solid median. To be sitting where we are shows a solid contribution across the board which is what I was hoping for, I've been a greedy FF in the past and it doesn't help. Blacky has been a phenomenon this season. Some players just know how to kick straight instinctively.

At this point in the season I must admit it is feeling like a bit of a grind. Finals are just around the corner and we can't be complacent.

Time to push towards our ultimate victory. This is our season Royals.

It is so good to be at the top of the ladder and I'd rather be here where we are 2 games off the very top than being behind those dirty good for nothing NWO flogs. So we have to work extra hard to get to #1 and it starts this week.

It has been a long season but I feel my form has been fairly decent. Over 50 goals for the season and no really big bags, just a solid median. To be sitting where we are shows a solid contribution across the board which is what I was hoping for, I've been a greedy FF in the past and it doesn't help. Blacky has been a phenomenon this season. Some players just know how to kick straight instinctively.

At this point in the season I must admit it is feeling like a bit of a grind. Finals are just around the corner and we can't be complacent.

Time to push towards our ultimate victory. This is our season Royals.
You do know that there is a slight chance you could slip out of finals?

You do know that there is a slight chance you could slip out of finals?
You do know that due to your woeful percentage, a loss here and it could be curtains for season 19.

You do know you're a bigger chance to slip out of finals?
Yep but it doesn't change the fact that you still could miss. I'd dial it down a bit if I were you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do know that due to your woeful percentage, a loss here and it could be curtains for season 19.
I'm well aware, Soggy. That's why I genuinely can't see us let this game slip.

I'm well aware, Soggy. That's why I genuinely can't see us let this game slip.
Unfortunately, you have no say in the result. The Royals are simply that good and your percentage will take a further hit.

Unfortunately, you have no say in the result. The Royals are simply that good and your percentage will take a further hit.
Woah. How come we can't have a say in the result, but you can?

No fair. Where's the nearest adult? I need to make a complaint.

Quite confident for a team that has only beaten us twice ever.

Woah. How come we can't have a say in the result, but you can?
It all boils down to respective win/loss records which indicate the Royals being the better team.

Take a vested interest in the Bears and Swamprats matches, your fortunes are in their hands.

But we wont. Why? Because of the return of the great cats2rise! Yes, we had a hangover at the start of the season, but C2R has snapped us out of it with his leadership and class that only comes from being a Sweet FA legend. We now have one of the classiest spines in the competition and two Mobbs Medalists in the middle to feed them the ball on a plate.

And deaneus.

But we wont. Why? Because of the return of the great cats2rise! Yes, we had a hangover at the start of the season, but C2R has snapped us out of it with his leadership and class that only comes from being a Sweet FA legend. We now have one of the classiest spines in the competition and two Mobbs Medalists in the middle to feed them the ball on a plate.

And deaneus.
Just realised, I'm in that spine.

skeltw2.gif

I think perhaps next preseason you should back off the cardio a little. I'm going to pair you with Logger.
You would've thought that after 4 seasons, Logger would have shown me the ropes by now.

Quite confident for a team that has only beaten us twice ever.
My confidence arises from the fact that you've been in the league since the beginning of the concept, missed the finals 8 times including 3 wooden spoons and have only managed to win the premiership once... quite simply put, your history is riddled with failure, so what's not to be confident about? I mean you're even struggling again in season 19, the season after your first flag, and will miss the finals again.

It all boils down to respective win/loss records which indicate the Royals being the better team.

Take a vested interest in the Bears and Swamprats matches, your fortunes are in their hands.
The -for the lack of a better term- "air of superiority" that seeps out of your posts is more of a stench, yet is both naive and hilarious.

Keep on believing the contest is already over funnily enough, the fat lady is yet to sing! She has not even seen the team sheets yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back