Official Match Thread S20 Round 11 - Coney Island Warriors v Baghdad Bandits at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah Season 11, what a time to be alive it was. I was but a twinkle in everyones eye back then. Or a gathering darkness on the horizon. Depends who you ask, really. But who cares!

What happened in Season 11 for these two clubs?

The Warriors themselves were but a twinkle in the eye of the league. They were still quite a few seasons away from their fantastic debut.

The Bandits on the other hand were doing rather well, finishing Second on the ladder under the name of the Bombers. Interestingly they drew with the Demons, who finished last. The finals didn’t quite go their way though, as they failed to make much of an impact.

Fast forward to Season 20 and the Warriors are struggling to back up their performance from Season 19. They finished runner up to eventual premiers the Dragons, outperforming everyones expectations. They now sit third last, only percentage ahead of the Wolves (.19 to be exact). The Bandits on the other hand sit 12 points clear but still in the bottom four, a location they know very well. Can they out muscle the Warriors?

Our Tip: Warriors by 2.

Teams to be Submitted by Thursday, 8th October by 11.59PM! Use Official Team Sheet!

Season 11 (2010-1)The Mod Squad disbanded, and the Roys FFC were readmitted, retaining the 8 team format. A relatively close season saw the finals consist of the Gumbies, Furies, Bombers and Hawks playing off.
-- Administrator - Doggiesin08
-- Clubs - 8 (Baghdad Bombers, East-Side Hawks, Fighting Furies, Geelong Gumbies, Mount Buller Demons, Roys FC, Southern Dragons, West Coast Wonders)
-- Preseason champions - Mt Buller Demons
-- Premiers - Fighting Furies 17.13.115 def Geelong Gumbies 14.11.95
-- B&F - Boncer34 (East Side Hawks)
-- Leading Goalkicker - OkeyDoke7 (Southern Dragons) - 71
-- EKA Medallist - Reardo (Roys FFC)

Last edited:
Ahoy Warriors!

Aiming to beat an epic 6-page match thread last week v the hawks.

You up for it?

Ah Season 11, what a time to be alive it was. I was but a twinkle in everyones eye back then. Or a gathering darkness on the horizon. Depends who you ask, really. But who cares!

What happened in Season 11 for these two clubs?

The Warriors themselves were but a twinkle in the eye of the league. They were still quite a few seasons away from their fantastic debut.

The Bandits on the other hand were doing rather well, finishing Second on the ladder under the name of the Bombers. Interestingly they drew with the Demons, who finished last. The finals didn’t quite go their way though, as they failed to make much of an impact.

Fast forward to Season 20 and the Warriors are struggling to back up their performance from Season 19. They finished runner up to eventual premiers the Dragons, outperforming everyones expectations. They now sit third last, only percentage ahead of the Wolves (.19 to be exact). The Bandits on the other hand sit 12 points clear but still in the bottom four, a location they know very well. Can they out muscle the Warriors?

Our Tip: Warriors by 2.

Teams to be Submitted by Thursday, 8th October by 11.59PM! Use Official Team Sheet!
Your tip sucks Beng... just like your choice of new club. :p

Well at least this game is in NYC - after last weeks result a trip to the sand is all we need :mad:
It's not so bad, unless it gets in your footy shorts.

It's not so bad, unless it gets in your footy shorts.

Exactly, story of our season sadly.

At least this week if we get rogered it will be in our own beds :$

Exactly, story of our season sadly.

At least this week if we get rogered it will be in our own beds :$
The way our post game tends to go, you may have some company.

Well at least this game is in NYC - after last weeks result a trip to the sand is all we need :mad:
Start spreading the news..we're here and we're gonna do it OURRRRRRRR WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 6.08.08 PM.png

Once I hit 20,000 posts everything is gonna change man..the sim will love me. I'm practising naked cartwheels in this lovely heat as we speak.
*Waves to neighbours.

Bandits on a roll heading into this one, IMS on fire and even FR is picking me for the ALF.. All points to another IMS bag of goals and a massive Bandits win!!
Your heads will certainly roll..so will your eyes. We are pumped and ready this week, I feel it in my bone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're a certainty this week - a double, double yolk when making dinner.

tylawZO.jpg

We're a certainty this week - a double, double yolk when making dinner.

tylawZO.jpg
Id scrape out the single yolk, yell at it for not being special and bin it

Id scrape out the single yolk, yell at it for not being special and bin it
You are suggesting that the single egg yolk is analogous to the Warriors and all their failings?

You are suggesting that the single egg yolk is analogous to the Warriors and all their failings?
Read me like a book...

...An exercise book where you've entered the content yourself

I believe that is precisely what he is saying. In fact, I believe it to almost be an exact representation

I believe that is precisely what he is saying. In fact, I believe it to almost be an exact representation
Honestly I wasn't (was daydreaming about Travis Head)... But I agree wholeheartedly...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back