Official Team Thread S34 Gold City Royals team thread- The kings and queens of having our cake and eating it too

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t even know who you are.
sad ralph wiggum GIF

View attachment final_62efa3cf7989ac008e612e54_331392.mp4

73822b54beb2747b2be960ea1c1dc04d4bb0f182bbfd0b63e05fbdf2040020d2e398d0ba2b52bf81fd082cdc978a2...jpeg

This is a new weekly summary report on the weekends result. Please note that thanks to PMBangers setting a precedent last season I am under no obligation to continue this past round 5.

The season has started on a perfect note as the Royals managed to hold onto a 6 point victory over a Bears team who just wouldn’t go away. It was an important game for the Royals as they looked to celebrate season 30 premiership hero Smartys Power 300th career game in style. After getting off to a hot start and leading by over 5 goals early on the Bears got to work in the second quarter and narrowed the margin to a couple of kicks but at halftime the Royals had rebuilt a solid 25 point lead. The third quarter saw the Bears kick 4 goals to 2 as the margin once again narrowed, 7 behinds in the term proved costly for Las Vegas as the Royals still lead at the final break. The last quarter was goal for goal as the Royals managed to stay ahead of the Bears and run out narrow victors in round 1.

From a player perspective Lomas was huge on debut kicking 3 goals. The skipper CakeEater lead from the front (unlike the other one) and was best on ground with 20 touches and a goal in his first game leading the side. GreyCrow again proved why he is the best ruckman in the history of the SFA (I have studied the all time stats and this can easily be backed up) as his influence in the ruck and around the ground were pivotal in the victory. It was also great to see brahj back in the side after PMBangers didn't view him in the best 20 last season. While Ulahoopski demanded a midfield spot before the season began and was given the chance to shine on a wing and shine he did as he kicked 2 goals and provided critical link up play throughout the game. Kapow!!! also made a triumphant return to the league kicking a goal in the win. With the game still in the balance Memphis kicked what proved to be the sealer late in the 4th quarter.

On a posting front, The Filth Wizard and krakouers lead the way. It was awesome to see everyone who was named in the round 1 side visit and contribute to the match thread during the week with plenty tuning in during the game today.

For the Bears, Senor M and Test Tickle were impressive and ensured the Royals would have to play it out to the final siren to get the premiership points. Whilst Broken, Cap and Electronic_Renaissance provided great banter and made sure it was an enjoyable week in the match thread.

Next up we face the Ophidian Old Boys at the The Golden Throne, the new old boys on the block have never lost in their short and rather non existent history, they currently sit in first place. We will also meet our old friend BRAB who disgustingly jumped ship in the off-season. I have heard they're not big fans of the Royals so the match thread may be a little more piquant this week.

GreyCrow Smartys Power Paddles krakouers Easty nahnah Fitzey Ulahoopski spookism weltschmerz The Filth Wizard MrPremiership grumbleguts Blacky boncer34 SarahSmiles brahj NTRabbit CakeEater PMBangers Halorad Engimal v3 Memphis Kapow!!! ferball Camros2 Kennedy Parker

View attachment 1469855

This is a new weekly summary report on the weekends result. Please note that thanks to PMBangers setting a precedent last season I am under no obligation to continue this past round 5.

The season has started on a perfect note as the Royals managed to hold onto a 6 point victory over a Bears team who just wouldn’t go away. It was an important game for the Royals as they looked to celebrate season 30 premiership hero Smartys Power 300th career game in style. After getting off to a hot start and leading by over 5 goals early on the Bears got to work in the second quarter and narrowed the margin to a couple of kicks but at halftime the Royals had rebuilt a solid 25 point lead. The third quarter saw the Bears kick 4 goals to 2 as the margin once again narrowed, 7 behinds in the term proved costly for Las Vegas as the Royals still lead at the final break. The last quarter was goal for goal as the Royals managed to stay ahead of the Bears and run out narrow victors in round 1.

From a player perspective Lomas was huge on debut kicking 3 goals. The skipper CakeEater lead from the front (unlike the other one) and was best on ground with 20 touches and a goal in his first game leading the side. GreyCrow again proved why he is the best ruckman in the history of the SFA (I have studied the all time stats and this can easily be backed up) as his influence in the ruck and around the ground were pivotal in the victory. It was also great to see brahj back in the side after PMBangers didn't view him in the best 20 last season. While Ulahoopski demanded a midfield spot before the season began and was given the chance to shine on a wing and shine he did as he kicked 2 goals and provided critical link up play throughout the game. Kapow!!! also made a triumphant return to the league kicking a goal in the win. With the game still in the balance Memphis kicked what proved to be the sealer late in the 4th quarter.

On a posting front, The Filth Wizard and krakouers lead the way. It was awesome to see everyone who was named in the round 1 side visit and contribute to the match thread during the week with plenty tuning in during the game today.

For the Bears, Senor M and Test Tickle were impressive and ensured the Royals would have to play it out to the final siren to get the premiership points. Whilst Broken, Cap and Electronic_Renaissance provided great banter and made sure it was an enjoyable week in the match thread.

Next up we face the Ophidian Old Boys at the The Golden Throne, the new old boys on the block have never lost in their short and rather non existent history, they currently sit in first place. We will also meet our old friend BRAB who disgustingly jumped ship in the off-season. I have heard they're not big fans of the Royals so the match thread may be a little more piquant this week.

GreyCrow Smartys Power Paddles krakouers Easty nahnah Fitzey Ulahoopski spookism weltschmerz The Filth Wizard MrPremiership grumbleguts Blacky boncer34 SarahSmiles brahj NTRabbit CakeEater PMBangers Halorad Engimal v3 Memphis Kapow!!! ferball Camros2 Kennedy Parker

Week 5- pretty sure PMBangers only lasted with the writeups till w3.

Excellent writeup though mate

View attachment 1469855

I wish you were on my team :(

GreyCrow again proved why he is the best ruckman in the history of the SFA (I have studied the all time stats and this can easily be backed up) as his influence in the ruck and around the ground were pivotal in the victory.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is a link to our history and where you can also look through your own careers on the new SweetFA+ site: Gold City Royals - Club Profile
Thank you nahnah
I wanted to see where my 1x hitout stood on the list…
However lose points on being able to edit my own name and bio… I feel having stats within the top 1500 of hitouts is noteworthy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back