Official Team Thread S34 Gold City Royals team thread- The kings and queens of having our cake and eating it too

Remove this Banner Ad

73822b54beb2747b2be960ea1c1dc04d4bb0f182bbfd0b63e05fbdf2040020d2e398d0ba2b52bf81fd082cdc978a2...jpeg

Round 2 is in the books and the Royals received a bit of a reality check from the new kids on the block going down by 53 points. These reports are much less fun to write when you lose it turns out.

1st Half:

It was a closely fought contest early on with the Royals and Old Boys trading goals for most of the half. Every time the Royals got out to over a goal lead the Old Boys would kick the next goal to stay in the contest. At halftime the Royals lead by 1 point.

2nd Half:

The second half was so bad Royals super fan Johnny Depp actually took us to court over it, here is a quick snippet of his case where he is suing our club on the grounds of psychological trauma
View attachment EBPtfcJnmeLZCD98.mp4

Stats:
  • Once again Captain CakeEater was our best with 20 touches, 6 tackles and a few hitouts.​
  • brahj had a good game on the wing with 21 touches and 7 marks​
  • Lomas was super efficient kicking 2 more goals from his 2 touches on the day, if the midfield had got it down the ground more often it could have been a big day out.​
  • krakouers also had a solid game with 20 touches and 6 marks.​

Our midfield was soundly beaten by the opposition who all put up monster stats which lead directly to us losing the inside 50 count 12-26 and allowed Bonz to boot another bag as he ended the day with 7 goals.
The positive is we are still in the top 8 thanks to the Swamprats having terrible leadership so we can look forward to consolidating our position with a win this week.

Next up: We take on the furies who are 1-0 after a win on Sunday following their first round bye.

GreyCrow Smartys Power Paddles krakouers Easty nahnah Fitzey Ulahoopski spookism weltschmerz sante The Filth Wizard MrPremiership grumbleguts Blacky boncer34 SarahSmiles brahj Headless NTRabbit CakeEater PMBangers Halorad Engimal v3 Memphis Kapow!!! ferball Camros2

View attachment 1479848

Round 2 is in the books and the Royals received a bit of a reality check from the new kids on the block going down by 53 points. These reports are much less fun to write when you lose it turns out.

1st Half:

It was a closely fought contest early on with the Royals and Old Boys trading goals for most of the half. Every time the Royals got out to over a goal lead the Old Boys would kick the next goal to stay in the contest. At halftime the Royals lead by 1 point.

2nd Half:

The second half was so bad Royals super fan Johnny Depp actually took us to court over it, here is a quick snippet of his case where he is suing our club on the grounds of psychological trauma
View attachment 1479859

Stats:
  • Once again Captain CakeEater was our best with 20 touches, 6 tackles and a few hitouts.​
  • brahj had a good game on the wing with 21 touches and 7 marks​
  • Lomas was super efficient kicking 2 more goals from his 2 touches on the day, if the midfield had got it down the ground more often it could have been a big day out.​
  • krakouers also had a solid game with 20 touches and 6 marks.​

Our midfield was soundly beaten by the opposition who all put up monster stats which lead directly to us losing the inside 50 count 12-26 and allowed Bonz to boot another bag as he ended the day with 7 goals.
The positive is we are still in the top 8 thanks to the Swamprats having terrible leadership so we can look forward to consolidating our position with a win this week.

Next up: We take on the furies who are 1-0 after a win on Sunday following their first round bye.

GreyCrow Smartys Power Paddles krakouers Easty nahnah Fitzey Ulahoopski spookism weltschmerz sante The Filth Wizard MrPremiership grumbleguts Blacky boncer34 SarahSmiles brahj Headless NTRabbit CakeEater PMBangers Halorad Engimal v3 Memphis Kapow!!! ferball Camros2
Cheers for the update, and I apologize for my Richoesque tanties on the day. But seriously, I am going 100% kick to goal ratio, be better.

Cheers for the update, and I apologize for my Richoesque tanties on the day. But seriously, I am going 100% kick to goal ratio, be better.
I blame captain CakeEater for benching me. So what if I hadn't been online in 2 months?!?

Dw its my turn to post the teamsheet, that evil CakeEater is powerless to stop me putting you back on the field
Awesome! See you in 2 months!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back