List Mgmt. Saints father and son

Remove this Banner Ad

Stanley don't know what your current or intended profession is, but you are a tracker dog. A career in investigations, or espionage (007) for you possibly?

A good find with James Coghlan. Now the challenge is, what is he like?
I enjoy my hard old tracking. ;)

But i was going through Gordon Fode's twitter and found this tweet:

and that is how i found out about the James Coghlan news. So thank you Gordon :D

I'm assuming he will be under aged for this years draft and is available next year.

If he is any good would be great finally getting a F/S prospect.

More searching could have a few in about 4+ years time

Sons of (not sure how many they have):
Stewart Loewe
Andrew Thompson
Justin Peckett
Dean Rice
Jayson Daniels
David Grant
Steven Sziller
Tony Brown
Max Hudghton
Brett Voss
Frank Coghlan
Robert Harvey
Aussie Jones
Peter Everitt

and after those Adam Schneiders son, Hunter Hayes, Jack Koschitzke etc.

Does anybody know much about his dad? He's kinda before my time. Obviously, the boy doesn't have to play like his dad, but yeah...
Frankie Coghlan was a lot like Josh Saunders to look at on the ground, wasn't the quickest player around but knew how to find the ball and was really hard it. Got the nickname Skeeter after a Geelong player of the 60's I think.

Stewart Loewe
Andrew Thompson
Justin Peckett
Dean Rice
Jayson Daniels
David Grant
Steven Sziller
Tony Brown
Max Hudghton
Brett Voss
Frank Coghlan
Robert Harvey
Aussie Jones
Peter Everitt

we just never know, we might get some father and sons out of this lot.

we just never know, we might get some father and sons out of this lot.

Watch now as the AFL change (read: get rid of) the rules around drafting father-sons in 3 years time to help "equalize" the competition.

Watch now as the AFL change (read: get rid of) the rules around drafting father-sons in 3 years time to help "equalize" the competition.
Then watch as Finnis goes into bat and makes sure that kind of crap does not happen.:thumbsu:

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/2102571/plenty-of-clubs-are-on-pios-list/

The Bendigo Bank Pioneers under-18s list:

Cameron Barrett (Balranald); Rhys Free, Daniel Patterson (Cohuna Kangas); Dylan Hanley, Jack Lawton (Eaglehawk); Mitch Hore, Richard Tonizzo (Echuca); Aidyn Johnson (Echuca/Scotch College); Samuel Harper (Golden Square); Jayden Fox (Imperials); Liam Collins (Kangaroo Flat); Billy Evans, Jake Moorhead, Lachie Tardrew (Kennington-Sandhurst); Jaden McGrath (Kerang); Brad Heffer, Jaye Skate (Koondrook-Barham); Liam Barrett, Kyle Mueller, Eamonn Ogden (Kyabram); Daniel Davie, Jordan Mangan, Brandon Spurr (Kyneton); Matt Pickering (Lake Boga); Jake Maher (Lalbert); Marty Hore (Leitchville-Gunbower); Samuel Ayre (Mallee Eagles); Bailey Edwards (Maryborough); Clayton Oliver (Mooroopna); Connor Toohey (Newbridge); Ethan Ban, Jonty Marciano, Liam McGlashan (Red Cliffs); Jed Brain (Rochester); James Coghlan (Sandhurst); John Harvey (Sandhurst Marist); Blake Poyser (South Bendigo); Ryley Barrack, Jacob Chisari, Matthew Chisari, Jesse Muscatello, Josh Ryan, Lachlan Ryan (South Mildura); Thomas Cole, Harry Conway, Danny Jones, Patrick Ludeman, Fergus Payne (Strathfieldsaye); Arnold Kirby (Swan Hill); Luke Coates (Walpeup-Underbool).

Son of former 109 St Kilda game player Frank Coghlan. James listed with the Bendio Pioneers under-18s for season 2014!

Sad not to see a single Tyntynder player named there. They have had some great kids coming through over the last few years.

I think Ryan boys from Sth Mildura are nephews of Des & Steve Ryan who played for Richmond (& C'wood for Steve), FWIW

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Already its not what it was.
For example McDonald ( North ) pretty much went where he would have gone without F/S.
If the player is really really good, and the team finishes well, you can pick up an early first rounder late , but if the player is average you can end up paying overs for him.

I think the bidding system is fair enough.

What Im talking about is the AFL just scrapping the system totally and having every player go 'live' just in time for us to miss out on locking in some FS talent!

Stewart Loewe
Andrew Thompson
Justin Peckett
Dean Rice
Jayson Daniels
David Grant
Steven Sziller
Tony Brown
Max Hudghton
Brett Voss
Frank Coghlan
Robert Harvey
Aussie Jones
Peter Everitt

We just gotta hope that only one son is per year, don't want to have to choose between two father-sons in one season!

I think the bidding system is fair enough.

What Im talking about is the AFL just scrapping the system totally and having every player go 'live' just in time for us to miss out on locking in some FS talent!
Knowing our luck, it will happen!

We just gotta hope that only one son is per year, don't want to have to choose between two father-sons in one season!

Actually it would be better to have two or even three very good father sons in the one year. Unless I am way off the mark, we select one with our first pick, another with our second and so on. Doesn't matter if there are two, three or four, as long as we allocate the highest pick available. Wouldn't you love picking up a young Harvey, Lowe and another in the same draft?

Actually it would be better to have two or even three very good father sons in the one year. Unless I am way off the mark, we select one with our first pick, another with our second and so on. Doesn't matter if there are two, three or four, as long as we allocate the highest pick available. Wouldn't you love picking up a young Harvey, Lowe and another in the same draft?
True!!!
But how I see it, is that your bidding for each player, for example if we offer first rounder for Harvey's son, and 2nd for lowes so, and another team other 1st for lowes son, we have to go first as well, and if we do we may miss out on Harvey's son if someone' else offers first rounder for him.

I guess we will find out if that ever happens!

True!!!
But how I see it, is that your bidding for each player, for example if we offer first rounder for Harvey's son, and 2nd for lowes so, and another team other 1st for lowes son, we have to go first as well, and if we do we may miss out on Harvey's son if someone' else offers first rounder for him.

I guess we will find out if that ever happens!

Hasn't it already happened at the Bulldogs, when they took the two father sons in the one year?

Its interesting that there are so many good players with famous dads.
Is it the gene's?
Is it growing up footy? ( nurturing /encouraging/ passing on skills )?
Both/all?

I kind of wonder whether Garry Junior, is partly attributable to trying to live up to his ass of a father who wasn't round enough.
He doesn't really share physical attributes with his father, but maybe its more about reflexes or timing.

Others who come from "tall stock" are a bit more obvious.

Hasn't it already happened at the Bulldogs, when they took the two father sons in the one year?

I'm pretty sure you're right here. Dogs allocated their 1st to Libba and 2nd to Wallis. If a team bidded a first for Wallis, the highest pick the Dogs would have had available would have been their 2nd.

North could have got away with McDonald and Kelly this year if Kelly's dad played about 40 more games I think!

Yes but I don't think that any other club made a 'bid' for them that's why they were able to get them!

Also I just read that the saints offered there first round pick for bulldogs father-son pick Ayce Cordy, so dogs had to offer there first as well...(lucky)
Look how that's turned out so far!

Yes but I don't think that any other club made a 'bid' for them that's why they were able to get them!

Also I just read that the saints offered there first round pick for bulldogs father-son pick Ayce Cordy, so dogs had to offer there first as well...(lucky)
Look how that's turned out so far!
Not so lucky considering we took Tom Lynch.. Where is he now? at least Cordy is still around at the dogs.

I'm pretty sure you're right here. Dogs allocated their 1st to Libba and 2nd to Wallis. If a team bidded a first for Wallis, the highest pick the Dogs would have had available would have been their 2nd.

North could have got away with McDonald and Kelly this year if Kelly's dad played about 40 more games I think!

Cheers to Squizzy1970

"Both players are likely to be nominated as first-round picks, but under the father-son bidding system the Dogs can take one with their initial pick and the other with their second-round selection."

Port Adelaide bid their round-one selection for Wallis while Sydney put up their round-two pick for Liberatore.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-liberatore-20101005-1654x.html#ixzz2vjwTG2kY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back