SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Asada new powers is about nrl player. Forcing them to do an interveiw etc

Not dank, but the atlethes. The drug issue aside, I reckon it's unfair to force a civilian like dank to do an interveiw when hes not employed by both essendon and that nrl team.

Surely the passing of ongoing powers to ASADA means that they dont have a case to procecute but can still spit thr dummy about governance, which lets face it could be anything ....

The ongoing investigation thing is a bit of a bitter pill though...

What does that even mean???

Dont ASADA chase drug cheats? not professional sports clubs that have bad governance...

I reckon Asada new powers is about nrl player. Forcing them to do an interveiw etc

Not dank, but the atlethes. The drug issue aside, I reckon it's unfair to force a civilian like dank to do an interveiw when hes not employed by both essendon and that nrl team.

You've got to be kidding me? Dank is the common link at all clubs under investigation.

I agree they are damn pissed that they couldn't get the NRL players to talk, they dont really care about Dank. he still doesnt have to talk if he doesnt want to anyway..

I agree they are damn pissed that they couldn't get the NRL players to talk, they dont really care about Dank. he still doesnt have to talk if he doesnt want to anyway..

The new powers force Dank to talk but he plans to legally challenge this new rule - his argument that you can't change the rules during play probably has some merit but we'll see what happens

You've got to be kidding me? Dank is the common link at all clubs under investigation.

nah, if everyone is forced to talk under oath they don't need Dank to say a thing. In general people would rather be suspended for 2 years from professional sport than goto jail for being found out lieing under oath..

Rines hit the nail on the head. The AFL needs to re-consider its relationship with the media - They have allowed the game to be besmirched by wild and inaccurate reporting. It happens for a short time and its containable, but this has been happening for six months and there is lots more to come.

How can StKilda name Ahmad Saad as an emergency if he has positive A sample. You can;t do it !

And the sooner that the AFL withdraws from WADA the better - WADA is irrelevant for two reasons - One its laws origanated from the mid 60's ( with updates ), and it applies better for Olympic sports,rather than non-Olympic sports.

Apparently when the pending "B" sample is still to be tested positive player can play.

This again not a good look for AFL

He does, unless what he says will incriminate himself.

You (BF posters) and EFC have my condolences. It must be a huge pain in the arse for you and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. FWIW I support you as fans, and kind of stand by Hirdy, (as much as a BL fan can). Good luck.

I love you. Read thread title and punch yourself in the lips.

In a legal sense, the right against self incrimination is largely antiquated and nowadays is merely presented in the right to silence.

Remembering that what ASADA want to know about, in the main, is not illegal activity, just potentially against the AFL drug code. Hence he would have to respond to most questions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remembering that what ASADA want to know about, in the main, is not illegal activity, just potentially against the AFL drug code. Hence he would have to respond to most questions.

If he hasn't followed ASADA guidelines when Essendon told him to follow ASADA guidelines whatever he has to say will incriminate himself. Anything he says that wont incriminate him ASADA already knows...

Amazing how many West Coast mods have been giving me infraction recently. the double standards are hilarious

Cannot believe the amount of imbeciles prepared to pontificate on these subjects without the slightest idea of what the report contains.

It is really pathetic seeing people begging for Essendon to go down. Some of the vitriol has been nothing short of heinous.

One thing is for certain, no matter what happens this year has proven Essendon can withstand just about anything - a lesser club would have folded under the pressure.

Monday was meant to be when the report was to be tabled - it's come a few days early.

The age news article says this:

"The report will be given to the Bombers’ board on Saturday and digested by the AFL's legal counsel before going to the AFL Commission."

Thanks for that mate.

We'll be hearing some very good news on Monday.
I look forward to the announcement of the Hird contract extension too, it'll burn the HTB foamers as much as our exoneration when Hird is announced as head coach until the end of 2016.

Once it becomes official....Bay 13....That is all.

How reliable is your source?

TBH I wouldn't put too much of my hard earned wages on it, but my view on the entire scandal is a positive one so I am anticipating some relief for EFC come Monday. Hirdy until 2016 is one I would love to believe so I'm running with it.

TBH I wouldn't put too much of my hard earned wages on it, but my view on the entire scandal is a positive one so I am anticipating some relief for EFC come Monday. Hirdy until 2016 is one I would love to believe so I'm running with it.

Fair enough.
Iv'e have heard the rumour about Hirds contract doing the rounds so hopefully your post comes true.

By calling it an Interim report means they got nothing why would they keep it open if they had what they needed to ban players think its gonna come down to what sanctions the afl will try and give us and they can try but they better get some lawyers because if Asada hasn't found anything then it will have proven to be a media driven witch hunt dragging the whole club through the mud so after we get the all clear by Asada and the afl watch out u media scum bags coz we coming for u and won't be happy till u are on the street doing hand stuff for cheese burgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back