• Sam Mitchell

Votes: 75 72.1%
  • Luke Hodge

Votes: 29 27.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

lol I don't think so.

Hodge>Mitchell>Franklin

Franklin the clear best out of those three. Might not be the best Hawk, but easily the best player. I'd personally take Mitchell next and it seems by the poll result that many agree with me, but I can see how others would swap them around. The only lol here though would be putting Franklin last of the three.

Crawf was so fit he was consistent throughout games. didn't start games in the best few players on the park, but by the end of the game he often was the best. ahead of his time but they are all that fit these days

You can pit Hodge against Clint Jones and BF will make sure Hodge loses! Hodge is a gun!

lol I don't think so.

Hodge>Mitchell>Franklin

Sure mate, put the guy who no longer plays for the hawks last. Don't worry about the fact he's the only player in the comp to be consistently rated along side or near to Ablett over the past 6-7 years. Don't worry about the fact that the other two haven't even been consistent fixtures in the top 10, let alone the top 5.

Sure mate, put the guy who no longer plays for the hawks last. Don't worry about the fact he's the only player in the comp to be consistently rated along side or near to Ablett over the past 6-7 years. Don't worry about the fact that the other two haven't even been consistent fixtures in the top 10, let alone the top 5.

I couldn't care any less where they've been rated in the league, but Mitchell is Hawthorn's second greatest ever midfielder. Some people have short memories and have continued to downplay Mitchell and Hodge as players. These two will go down as Hawthorn greats. If you were talking about just forwards alone, then yes Buddy is easily the best one we've had during this era. People seem to be forgetting that Mitchell has been good from the get go.

Maybe look at Hawthorn's B&F results if you want to look at some ratings that matter?

All 3 have been superb and it's pretty clear how the club has rated them, but what would they know?

But don't you worry about that, you keep to your 'facts' about where Mike Sheehan rates players...

I couldn't care any less where they've been rated in the league, but Mitchell is Hawthorn's second greatest ever midfielder. Some people have short memories and have continued to downplay Mitchell and Hodge as players. These two will go down as Hawthorn greats. If you were talking about just forwards alone, then yes Buddy is easily the best one we've had during this era. People seem to be forgetting that Mitchell has been good from the get go.

So Hodge is your greatest ever midfielder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe look at Hawthorn's B&F results if you want to look at some ratings that matter?

All 3 have been superb and it's pretty clear how the club has rated them, but what would they know?

But don't you worry about that, you keep to your 'facts' about where Mike Sheehan rates players...

Yep cos I was referring solely to Mike.

Yep cos I was referring solely to Mike.

Well it wasn't Clarko or the HFC you were referring to was it? Don't worry they were probably just doing it for the bigfooty lols so Hawthorn supporters wouldn't appear delusional by simply agreeing with the club. So who were you referring to, Mike Sheehan and...?

Last edited:
Well it wasn't Clarko or the HFC you were referring to was it? Don't worry they were probably just doing for the bigfooty lols so Hawthorn supporters wouldn't appear delusional simply agreeing with the club. So who were you referring to, Mike Sheehan and...?

You're a good loyal supporter agreeing with the club. I assume you agree with them that Gibson is about on par with Franklin, having taken home the one Crimmins just like Buddy? I personally consider Corey Enright a better player than Matthew Scarlett for having taken home an extra Geelong Bnf.

But in the interests of not being a complete smartass, I'll admit that I can't show you any single award or statistic that proves that Franklin is in the top 3 or 5 players of the past 6-7 years. That is my opinion however. I would be very surprised if it wasn't a fairly common one.

So how do you figure Hodge is ahead of Mitchell? Surely you don't mean purely in playing terms...
Mitchell has been our best player of this era but Hodge is 2nd and it's not a huge gap at all. People forget how good he was pre the 2011-2012 bad injuries he had. His last 2 years have been great too, the Hodge bashing really has to stop. He is a future hall of famer ffs and some on here act as if he is just some solid player. Has been an absolute star for the Hawks since 05.

Mitchell has been our best player of this era but Hodge is 2nd and it's not a huge gap at all. People forget how good he was pre the 2011-2012 bad injuries he had. His last 2 years have been great too, the Hodge bashing really has to stop. He is a future hall of famer ffs and some on here act as if he is just some solid player. Has been an absolute star for the Hawks since 05.
The Hodge fap fest has to stop. He isn't as good as Hawthorn supporters like to tell themselves. He is a future Hall of famer, however he is still a long way behind Buddy as the greatest Hawthorn player of this era.

The Hodge fap fest has to stop. He isn't as good as Hawthorn supporters like to tell themselves. He is a future Hall of famer, however he is still a long way behind Buddy as the greatest Hawthorn player of this era.
Every non bigfooty supporter I have ever spoke to, every commentator, football media and afl Journo rates Hodge at the absolute highest echelon of Afl players. The afl players, just voted him in as the 8th best player in the comp, even though he is aging and close to retirement.

Trust me. It's not everyone else. .. it's you.

Every non bigfooty supporter I have ever spoke to, every commentator, football media and afl Journo rates Hodge at the absolute highest echelon of Afl players. The afl players, just voted him in as the 8th best player in the comp, even though he is aging and close to retirement.

Buddy> Hodge
Judd > Hodge
Voss > Hodge

Hird>hodge
buckley>hodge
Mitchell>hodge

Back