Sandy Roberts has blood cancer

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw this on the news.

I always enjoyed his football commentary. He actually worked over here in WA on 6PR in the 70’s

Go well, Sandy.

F**k Cancer.

Horrible news. He appears to be doing well (as well as one can be) and hopefully it stays that way for as long as possible.

His commentary as a youngster growing up watching C7 was a real highlight and I’d imagine for all WCE supporters who witnessed 92, his (and Dennis’s) call of that match is the stuff of legend.

Watching that game (repeatedly) as a youth/adult (having missed fully understanding it live), wow. Puts pretty much all of the “modern” commentary to shame.

Stay well Sandy and thank you for what you have given this great game 👍

Horrible news. He appears to be doing well (as well as one can be) and hopefully it stays that way for as long as possible.

His commentary as a youngster growing up watching C7 was a real highlight and I’d imagine for all WCE supporters who witnessed 92, his (and Dennis’s) call of that match is the stuff of legend.

Watching that game (repeatedly) as a youth/adult (having missed fully understanding it live), wow. Puts pretty much all of the “modern” commentary to shame.

Stay well Sandy and thank you for what you have given this great game 👍
“Matera, sets sail for home…”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back