Tom Papley's Gambling Podcast - "Looks Like The Pap Has Been Smeared"

Remove this Banner Ad

Tricky one.
Swans’ commercial interests vs an employee’s right to freely engage in legal behaviour.
I think we all know how this one ends.
Perfect example of stars being treated differently. If this was a list clogger, he'd be told to shut it down ASAP. A stern finger waggle from the boss is all Tom is likely to hear about this.

Perfect example of stars being treated differently. If this was a list clogger, he'd be told to shut it down ASAP. A stern finger waggle from the boss is all Tom is likely to hear about this.

Would a list clogger be getting involved in a punting podcast in the first place?, Would a list clogger be getting pubicity for a punting podcast?

Maybe Tom can start up a Crypto podcast or investing in the ASX.

I'm not sure what's he done wrong here?
The Sydney Swans have a major sponsor that does to not promote gambling. Swans have a 'clean skin' culture and Papley and Blakey promote gambling. Swans also do their best to have no advertising of gambling around match days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Sydney Swans have a major sponsor that does to not promote gambling. Swans have a 'clean skin' culture and Papley and Blakey promote gambling. Swans also do their best to have no advertising of gambling around match days.
So what. My employer has lots of beliefs and supports causes that I don’t necessarily support personally. In my time off I partake in hobbies that I choose. This and the Ken Hinkley thread have left me very confused as to why people enagaged in legal behavior are being slammed.

Ok thanks.

But the same sponsor appears to be fine with gambling ads before, during and after each game?

if you are taking Tom Papley's racing tips seriously you probably need your head examined. That whole SEN Track thing is a car crash. May as well just record a podcast from the local TAB

So what. My employer has lots of beliefs and supports causes that I don’t necessarily support personally. In my time off I partake in hobbies that I choose. This and the Ken Hinkley thread have left me very confused as to why people enagaged in legal behavior are being slammed.
These people are just modern day wowsers. Pointing out perceived moral failings in others to demonstrate their virtue to the community.

CJ Dennis' definition of 'wowser' is a good one: an ineffably pious person who mistakes this world for a penitentiary and himself for a warder.

Sounds familiar!

Out of curiosity , if you did follow his tips long-term , do you reckon he would be on the up?
never thought about it. Depends if one uses a flat staking or proportional staking approach. Given pro punters have losing days and months I would say if you followed the smear religiously you would be down

These people are just modern day wowsers. Pointing out perceived moral failings in others to demonstrate their virtue to the community.

CJ Dennis' definition of 'wowser' is a good one: an ineffably pious person who mistakes this world for a penitentiary and himself for a warder.

Sounds familiar!
There's a picture of Brendon McCullum next to that quote.

The Swans major sponsor (Qatar Airlines), owned by Qatar. Being gay is illegal, yet the Swans still participate in the pride game.

It's kinda hypocritical for the Swans to take issue with Papley, when they're also going against their major sponsor.

The Swans major sponsor (Qatar Airlines), owned by Qatar. Being gay is illegal, yet the Swans still participate in the pride game.

It's kinda hypocritical for the Swans to take issue with Papley, when they're also going against their major sponsor.

Qatar airways probably doesn't care about Swans being engaged in those activities, unfortunately for Papley Responsible Gambling NSW doesn't like Tom telling young males how awesome it is to have your balls riding on something running at Leapardstown at 3.30am

Get a life you ******* loser
Hahaha as if you're this pressed over someone else having a negative opinion on gambling.

But if you wanna piss away your money, that's none of my business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back