Should/will Tom Morris get a second chance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone deserves a second chance. The people of this country are very unforgiving.
In my experience the people of this country would prefer to record someone harming themselves rather than try to help

Everyone deserves a second chance. The people of this country are very unforgiving.
I agree with you, but Morris is a public figure, like as not. He's burnt his chance at the spotlight for mine, he can go and find his second chance outside of the public eye. However much he makes no-one really cares. The only way he gets back in is if one of the boys club wants him back.

Spewed up in my mouth when I saw on Instagram how he was doing a “look at me look at me” reel about playing golf to raise awareness and cash for cancer.
He needs a PR person behind him to advise him asap.

Attachments

• 5C02FE5C-398E-44A8-850E-AF7FB15178EB.jpeg
    5C02FE5C-398E-44A8-850E-AF7FB15178EB.jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 236

Media Street: SEN approaches sacked reporter Tom Morris​

SEN have approached former Fox Footy reporter Tom Morris about a role in 2023.

Morris hasn’t been sighted since he was sacked in March last year after offensive comments were leaked to social media about a Fox colleague.

Craig Hutchison’s SEN is the first media outlet to offer an olive branch with a number of possible roles floated for the coming AFL season.

One of Morris’ biggest fans is veteran broadcaster Gerard Healy who now co-hosts Sportsday on SEN with Kane Cornes.

The pair worked together on the show when it was on 3AW with Morris used as a breaking news reporter. He also worked alongside Healy on Fox Footy’s On The Couch.

Another proposal being floated is a Sunday show, similar to the station’s Saturday Crunch Time, where Morris would team up with his former Fox Footy colleague Sarah Olle.

Olle and Morris are close friends and have worked together on podcasts and various shows previously.

SEN is also understood to be keen on him because of his extensive cricket knowledge.

The radio station is a major commercial domestic rights holders for Cricket Australia.

Morris, 31, has completed numerous education programs regarding sexism and racism, and other social issues, over recent months.

The Morris scandal was one of the biggest in the AFL last year given the way it unfolded in the opening week of the season.

He was on the receiving end of an extraordinary personal attack by Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge after the season opener between the Dogs and Melbourne.

The following day Beveridge apologised but that was soon overshadowed by the leaking of the offensive Morris audio. A second clip featuring separate homophobic and racist slurs also then surfaced.

Morris immediately apologised for his remarks, calling them “disgusting and disgraceful”.

“I am deeply ashamed at my behaviour. My comments were hurtful to many and I will now take the time to listen, learn and work to improve myself, ensuring that I become a better person. I am truly sorry to everyone,” Morris said.

Fox Sports moved quickly, parting ways with Morris after seven years with the network where he also played a major role in its cricket coverage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do people think. 2 questions Will he get a second chance abd Should he get a second chance.

My personal thinking is yes he shouldn't have said what he said but we all make mistakes and say things we shouldn't. I'm def a forgiving person abd one for second chances but obviously not everyone thinks like me.
No, the guy is pig and a trump loving waste of space.
He tried to intimidate Beveridge by using Fox sports as a threat, he's unethical, journalists are meant to be ethical.
He's a typical Melbourne private school boy who's connected and thinks he can do what he wants.
Even if you wanted to bring him back, no one will employ him. He was a poor 'journalist' anyway. There would be heaps better applicants out there.
Why would an Australian wear trumpf paraphenalia and stand in front of the white house with thumbs up ? He's obviously a bit racist if that's his hero imo.

7adjvl.jpg

Hutchy is an unbearable flog, but is also a shrewd operator and business man.

The core (bogan) audience of SEN won't desert them because of Morris' hiring (far from it)

Haven't listened to that station in years btw, for the dumb downed bogan audience that Hutchy caters to.

Does Aristotle Pickett have to pollute every thread?
Sorry is the Tom Morris support thread or is everyone entitled to their opinion?
Do you want Tom back? He can get a job out of the media with his many connections, he's not going to be unemployed.
Bottom line is that they guy is a tool who went after Bevo and got what he deserved.

So what, Che was a doctor, Morris is a racist trump homophobe
I wouldn't use Che Guevara as a positive example of anything, but you do you buddy.
1*s-7lfZvPf2l-YqtuzSzcJA.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back