Should/will Tom Morris get a second chance?

Remove this Banner Ad

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What do people think. 2 questions Will he get a second chance abd Should he get a second chance.

My personal thinking is yes he shouldn't have said what he said but we all make mistakes and say things we shouldn't. I'm def a forgiving person abd one for second chances but obviously not everyone thinks like me.

In the world of independent freelancers that we see in journalism these days I'm sure he'll bob up on a podcast or an independent site, or even do the odd game on the boundary for an outlet that needs someone for a meaningless Sunday twilight game but I doubt he'll get a high profile position.

In the world of independent freelancers that we see in journalism these days I'm sure he'll bob up on a podcast or an independent site, or even do the odd game on the boundary for an outlet that needs someone for a meaningless Sunday twilight game but I doubt he'll get a high profile position.
My guess is that he'll just become a tv or radio producer somewhere for someone. Easy gig make $100k a year, fill in here and there when someone's sick.

He will turn.up again somewhere but ease back into it. He has alot of contacts in the industry so someone will look after him

If he changed his name to Tim Maurice and came back, I reckon he'd be safe.

After all, no one would be able to tell him from all the other interchangeable idiots in the footy media.

Next career as a publican ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he’s name was Chris Smith from sky news he would be back. The creep is a repeat offender and a lot worse than what Tom did but still kept his job and will probably again

I think what Tom has going against him is there are probably 100 people that could do his job. He was good at what he did but he wasn't an ex player and didn't really bring anything unique to the table

If I was advising him on how to get back into the media I think he should start with a podcast. He wouldn't make any money out of it but would start to get back involvedamd have people talking about him again. No network wants to be first to employ him so that might be one way around it.

Depends what the measuring stick is for tolerance and forgiveness in that industry, isn't it?
Wayne Carey still managed to get gigs after all his various indiscretions.
Having said that, as pointed out by others in this thread, Tom Morris' talents and insights aren't exactly unique, so he's also got that going against him.

My guess is that he'll just become a tv or radio producer somewhere for someone. Easy gig make $100k a year, fill in here and there when someone's sick.
That's barely liveable, just go do a comms job at a decent sized company and get twice that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back