2nds SANFL 2021 Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't judge Glenelg on one game

Glenelg were undefeated coming into the last minor round game. We beat them at Alberton then they lost two finals including a crash and burn in the Grand Final. I reckon that is enough evidence to pass judgement. Chokers!

Glenelg were undefeated coming into the last minor round game. We beat them at Alberton then they lost two finals including a crash and burn in the Grand Final. I reckon that is enough evidence to pass judgement. Chokers!
I think the only thing more Glenelg than this result would've been them going out in straight sets against South Adelaide.

We broke them in the last home & away round.

Lol Graham's shitty rehashed AFL/Victorian/Portbashing article looking silly once again.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

FTFY. He had a dig at us including Peter Carey has the same number of Premierships as Herb. No comparison on Magarey Medals though.

If our club had a winning culture, we would've beaten them in '19 instead of looking so ... well I'll just say 'not hard at it', even with having a young AFL reserves side with crippling rules. I feel that the influences on our AFL finals that has us not achieving success is a trait right through our club. Three SANFL GFs with three poor starts that cost us in at least two of them, maybe all of them, seems familiar, doesn't it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet he is the only Glenelg player in history who has won 3 flags, no mention of the Port players who have won 7, 8, 9 premierships?

Idid sfellow at the bit where he said that he wasn’t quick enough to tell Port supporters that Port has lost more GF’s than it had won. If he said that to me I would respond with “Port have won more GF’s than his beloved Tiggers had played in”.

View attachment 1252089

I went along today and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Bay hordes around me appreciated my clobber for the day and my reminders that their season as usual turned to sh*t when they ran into Port at season's end!:D
Beatifully played, mate.
Rub it in.
Takes some kahunas to do that in a hostile fan base.
Bays fully deserve it.

Just proves that Glenelg haven't changed their true culture but we have. I believe that if we had our culture right in the past decade we also could've beaten them in '19.

Beatifully played, mate.
Rub it in.
Takes some kahunas to do that in a hostile fan base.
Bays fully deserve it.

I went with one of my great mates who is a Norwood tragic who wanted the Bays to win because they'd been the best team all year. By the 3rd quarter he was joining in taking the piss. There's not much you can say when the blokes taking the piss have 66 flags between them!

FTFY. He had a dig at us including Peter Carey has the same number of Premierships as Herb. No comparison on Magarey Medals though.

It took Carey 17 seasons and 400 games to get three Premierships. Bruce Abernethy played in three Premierships in his first three seasons.

It took Carey 17 seasons and 400 games to get three Premierships. Bruce Abernethy played in three Premierships in his first three seasons.

Pretty sure Bruce Abernethy played in premierships in his first 2 years then moved to North Melbourne in 1981.
However Tony Hannan played only 40 games but was a member of 3 premiership sides ! 77 79 80.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back