SANFL List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick-Moore-Captaincy-edited2.jpg

Logan Evans from Norwood training with the AFL listed players in pre-season, not sure if that means we've signed him to the SANFL list.
New signing: Logan Evans, defender from Norwood, on loan for a season.

1707990891695.png

This season will see Norwood defender Logan Evans take part in the SANFL Rookie Program with the Port Adelaide Football Club.

The SANFL Rookie Program was introduced last season, allowing Port Adelaide and Adelaide the chance to select one 19 or 20-year-old player to join their list. Father-Son and Next Generation Academy players can also opt into the program, like Woodville-West Torrens’s Tyler Welsh with the SANFL Crows this season.

Evans will be listed on both the Norwood and Port Adelaide SANFL lists, with the chance to train with the Power’s AFL Squad.

The Magpies will have the chance to select Evans for SANFL matches, but if not he will be available for selection with Norwood.

He will continue to train with the Norwood Senior Men’s Squad regularly throughout the season.

In his final U18 season in 2023, Evans played four SANFL League matches with Norwood, making his debut in Round 1.

Under the SANFL Rookie Program agreement Evans will return to Norwood in 2025 if not selected in the AFL Draft or Mid-Season Draft.

Seriously how piss poor is the communication with the club when it comes to our SANFL boys these days? Between 2014 to 2019 the club was open about who we signed, who left, who resigned, but since Covid we don't find out a single thing till the internal trial.

The crows have posted regularly about who's on their SANFL list for the last 3 or so years, yet we seem to almost keep it a secret. To me, it sounds like we struggle to recruit or keep anyone so they just tight lip everything.

So given its February 16, safe to assume there’ll be no contracted marquee-type player at SANFL level this season and this is the list of top-ups they’re going with? We deadset must be hard up to attract any sort of talent.

1708059811985.jpeg

Seriously how piss poor is the communication with the club when it comes to our SANFL boys these days? Between 2014 to 2019 the club was open about who we signed, who left, who resigned, but since Covid we don't find out a single thing till the internal trial.

The crows have posted regularly about who's on their SANFL list for the last 3 or so years, yet we seem to almost keep it a secret. To me, it sounds like we struggle to recruit or keep anyone so they just tight lip everything.

The simple but sad answer is they don’t give a s**t anymore mate.

You don’t need to look any further than the completely underwhelming of Hartlett as coach to see the Magpies are an absolute inconvenience to them.

The simple but sad answer is they don’t give a s**t anymore mate.

You don’t need to look any further than the completely underwhelming of Hartlett as coach to see the Magpies are an absolute inconvenience to them.
I guess it showed when they "sacked" Cornes simply because he wanted to win games

So given its February 16, safe to assume there’ll be no contracted marquee-type player at SANFL level this season and this is the list of top-ups they’re going with? We deadset must be hard up to attract any sort of talent.

View attachment 1906536
So underwhelming. Outside of Moore, Short and Szust looks like we kept none of the good top ups. No Hagan, No Weidemann, no big name signing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New signings listed in the intra-club match:

Dustin Launer, Josh Byrne and Beau Baldwin.

Will get more info on them soon.

Launer recruited from Southern Saints in the North Eastern Football League. Also played ressies for Centrals in 2022.

Byrne played a game for North in 2023 and the rest in the reserves.

Baldwin played ressies for Norwood in 2023.

So frustrating when you have to go other teams' websites to find out who we've signed up... :rolleyes:

Jed Hagan has returned to East Fremantle.

Jed Hagan has returned to East Fremantle.
Oh great, so we lose our best contracted play and replace him with reserves scraps.

Oh great, so we lose our best contracted play and replace him with reserves scraps.
That has been a problem since virtually day one of the current sanfl set up, where unfortunately too many blokes who have worn the PB's in recent times wouldn't have lasted one training session under Fos Williams or Jack Cahill, or more likely wouldn't have been invited to train in the first place.

I have a budget here somewhere from about 8 seasons back where of 3 top up players named for the Maggies the tallest was 165 cm, and there was another game from around the same time which was also played at Alberton where a bloke who apparently wasn't in the top 40 magoos players at Unley started on the bench, came on early in the 2nd half, but couldn't get near the ball and was never selected again.

If there aren't too many injuries at AFL level the Maggies should be more competitive this season, but as has been suggested before, apart from the hoped for development of draftees, younger players, or AFL regulars returning from injury I doubt anyone who is calling the shots at Alberton really gives a fat rat's clacker about the results!

I believe WGT has been quoted as not being happy about the Maggie's demise, so maybe he can stir that pot up as well, but I suspect he will be under enough pressure dealing with the kokmeister and kern to get too involved in other stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back