Review Saturday St Kilda v Collingwood at RSEA Park, 4.10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury list.

Aishling Sheridan will likely miss at least two games with a lateral collateral ligament sprain in her left knee.
She is currently in a brace and progressing well with conditioning in the gym.
She is expected to be out of the brace in the next couple of weeks and will aim to return between rounds 7-9.
Tarni Brown sustained a minor capsular injury to her right quad at training which is settling with anti-inflammatories.
She is expected to complete Wednesday's main training session and will be available for selection this week.
Co-captain Steph Chiocci has been diagnosed with delayed onset concussion and has entered 12-day protocols.
She will be assessed to determine her availability for round 7.
The skipper was already set to miss round 6 through suspension.

Analysis
Life gets tougher for the Saints as they now face Collingwood, who sits third on the ladder, without a raft of key players including first-choice ruck Erin McKinnon. Against expansion sides earlier in the season the Saints have methodically moved the ball forward and put it to the advantage of their forwards. Against stronger sides, however, that ball movement down the field has been slowed and forward entries have been sloppier due to the pressure. Rediscovering that this weekend is a tough task, against one of the best drilled defences in the league who has conceded the second fewest points of any side.

It is likely that the Pies will see this weekend as another opportunity to back in its young, emerging midfield group led by Mikala Cann with Chloe Molloy pinch hitting. Despite who is missing, Collingwood is averaging the most clearances in its history with 22.8. The one concern for the Pies, however, is still finding that consistent transition into attack that Brianna Davey so reliably brought in recent seasons. While this has improved compared to last season, they are the fifth lowest inside 50 side in the competition currently, so should they find that connection more often this week, the Saints may concede another big score.

Re the delayed concussion for Steph, she kept playing after the dangerous tackle and looked a bit dazed. I was concerned watching her, and I hope the club didn’t stuff up on that one.

A good laugh with Ruby...
That’s gold!!
Love that they are all having fun and yet working hard.
If Ruby wasn’t seriously a gun she’d be kicked off the team in about 5mins!!

Speaking of Ruby. Has there been a player in men’s/woman’s that has gone from Zero to AA insane within 1 year?

She showed nothing in her first 3 years (even when not injured). Insane how good she is now!

That’s gold!!
Love that they are all having fun and yet working hard.
If Ruby wasn’t seriously a gun she’d be kicked off the team in about 5mins!!

Speaking of Ruby. Has there been a player in men’s/woman’s that has gone from Zero to AA insane within 1 year?

She showed nothing in her first 3 years (even when not injured). Insane how good she is now!
Rubes is a great addition to our club, and a great ambassador for the women's game. She's going places.

COLLINGWOOD

B:
S.Rowe 7 S.Livingstone 12
HB: A.Porter 9 L.Butler 23 R.Schleicher 18
C: J.Lin 35 J.Allen 6 L.Brazzale 24
HF: A.Brazill 10 J.Membrey 21 J.Lambert 13
F: I.Barnett 4 T.Brown - C 26
Foll: S.Frederick 1 C.Molloy 2 M.Cann 25
I/C: E.Fowler 15 C.Taylor 11 S.Sansonetti 16 E.James 20 A.Downie 30

Emerg: I.Evans 5 E.Chaston 32 A.Moloney 40

In: I.Barnett, T.Brown, E.Fowler
Out: S.Chiocci (suspension), O.Barber (omitted), S.Casey (omitted)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back