Injury Scharenberg knee injury (latest (7th Apr): will be playing again in a few weeks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus freeman is a solid boy already...

Saw Freeman in person, already more built than most VFL guys.

At full pace he is going to hurt some people who get in his way

876283-marc-murphy.jpg

Still so gutted at losing Schazza for the bulk of next year, really saw him and Freeman as an ace in the hole in terms of coming out of the blocks next year.

Amazing to think we have 4 top 10 picks who could debut next year.

I think Schazz will be a long way away sadly

Spent nearly 2 years in rehab

Saw Freeman in person, already more built than most VFL guys.

At full pace he is going to hurt some people who get in his way

876283-marc-murphy.jpg

Unless he's standing on something in that pic, he's no midge either.

I was on a flight with Scharrenberg at the start or this year. I stand just under 6ft and Schazz made me feel Jarrad Blair short.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless he's standing on something in that pic, he's no midge either.

I was on a flight with Scharrenberg at the start or this year. I stand just under 6ft and Schazz made me feel Jarrad Blair short.

I think Scharenberg is 190, and Freeman is quite a lot smaller in that pic

So we have 4 Top 10 Draft Picks to Debut this Season;)

Good to see Scharanberg is already back doing his Rehab

It's two months on from the reco - I would have been worried if he wasn't in rehab (although he's been doing rehab at various levels since the op anyway). Now is the most dangerous / important time for his long term recovery prospects while the graft is at its weakest and he's regaining his range of motion.

I think Scharenberg is 190, and Freeman is quite a lot smaller in that pic

Shazza is every bit of 6'3" and Freeman would be a touch shy of 6', so that picture is about what you'd expect (3 inches or so difference).

I think Schazz will be a long way away sadly

Spent nearly 2 years in rehab
I agree with this and hope everyone can temper their enthusiasm for Scharenberg and not expect too much from him. Assuming he makes it back to the VFL late in 2015 it will be enough for him to just string a few VFL games together at the end of the year. Anything more than that would be a bonus. He missed the later part of his U18 season with his feet and essentially all of his 1st AFL season. He now misses his second preseason and most of his 2nd AFL season. He will be starting a long way behind his peers that played in 2014 and has lost a lot of development. How much that effects his long term development is uncertain but you can count on it setting him a long way back in the short term

I see a realistic expectation being a few VFL games in 2015, essentially a rookie season in 2016 where he gets his 1st proper go at AFL footy. I hope he can debut in the AFL team that season and start to make his mark. 2017 realistically will be the season where he will need to show us that he still has what it takes to make it in the AFL. Think this is being fair on the kid. Even for seasoned players their 1st season back from an ACL is slow. If he tears it up and stars in 2016 all the better but dont be to disappointed if he is not ready then.

Wooooow momma
I'm am so excited
I can't put into words my excitement
That boy is gunna be an absolute
Through and through jet.. Of the highest calibre
You can just see it in his eyes
Freeman for rising star 2015 bookmark it
Like Scharenberg I think it is fair to give Freeman a bit of latitude to make up for his lost season of develoment. He has slipped behind his peers from his draft year by not getting on the park in 2014. 2015 should be seen as mainly a VFL year in expectation. If he does more great but he needs a chance to find his feet after missing so much footy at a crucial time. A few AFL games in 2015 would be fine with the bulk of time spent developing in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back