Injury Scharenberg knee injury (latest (7th Apr): will be playing again in a few weeks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the club is doing an investigation into everything at the club, particularly focusing on the fitness staff and player management side of things which is one of the big positives out of this year for me!

I just hope they fix it. The injuries have been horrible mid 2011 onwards.

That's what they said last year...

If its ACL i will be shattered. But ACL injuries are usually pretty quickly diagnosed (scans just confirm) so im confident its not ACL and schazza will be enter beast mode from round 1 next year.

Why the hell was he sent back on? You do not take chances with a prize recruit in a game that means nothing.

I am sick and tired of the medicos at our club and the fitness and conditioning staff. We hand over our money and get muppets like this handing prize recruits?

Time for heads to roll down at the Westpac Centre.

Can't really say that knee injuries are the result training/conditioning.
Don't agree - overtraining can lead to impaired movement and uneven development both of which can cause you to pick up an ankle, knee or hip problem. Sanderson had an issue two years ago with overtraining which he rectified very publicly this year. Surprise they're in the eight. Basically the team has been broken off the field.

Read on EBW it was initially from a knock, came off and a junior club physio all cleared him to go back on... NO doctor for pies present at game as he was away with Collingwoods head doctor at a conference!

Amateur hour by the club.
If true I really don't like the sound of it because that's how Luke Ball did his knee against Carlton. He felt sore, did a few run throughs around the boundary then had done his acl minutes after going back on. That was at least 2 seasons ago, so nothing has changed or improved.

If its ACL i will be shattered. But ACL injuries are usually pretty quickly diagnosed (scans just confirm) so im confident its not ACL and schazza will be enter beast mode from round 1 next year.
Correct. An ACL doesn't require a scan to diagnose. It's all about the way the knee moves after the injury. If there have been no reports that it's a suspected ACL, then I'm confident it's not.

Why the hell was he sent back on? You do not take chances with a prize recruit in a game that means nothing.

I am sick and tired of the medicos at our club and the fitness and conditioning staff. We hand over our money and get muppets like this handing prize recruits?

Time for heads to roll down at the Westpac Centre.
I see players being sent back on without any further injuries all the time

Why was this one different?

Do you use a Crystal Ball or Tea Leaves?

Yes, they usually know it's an acl from basic tests which show whether there is movement in the joint.

The problem is the club has said nothing so far and that makes me nervous. I assume they will await the scan results first.

Well the club is doing an investigation into everything at the club, particularly focusing on the fitness staff and player management side of things which is one of the big positives out of this year for me!

I just hope they fix it. The injuries have been horrible mid 2011 onwards.

I don’t think a Knee is because of anything then bad luck.

VFL Grounds can be like Cow Paddocks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If true I really don't like the sound of it because that's how Luke Ball did his knee against Carlton. He felt sore, did a few run throughs around the boundary then had done his acl minutes after going back on. That was at least 2 seasons ago, so nothing has changed or improved.

Shows that they have some Real Idiots at the Club

Yes, they usually know it's an acl from basic tests which show whether there is movement in the joint.

The problem is the club has said nothing so far and that makes me nervous. I assume they will await the scan results first.

Agree - They just said it’s his knee and you get the feeling it’s his ACL or PCL

Read on EBW it was initially from a knock, came off and a junior club physio all cleared him to go back on... NO doctor for pies present at game as he was away with Collingwoods head doctor at a conference!

Amateur hour by the club.

Shaz rolled an ankle in the 2nd QTR and came off for about 5-10 minutes, by which time he was walking more or less fine. Went back on and admittedly looked proppy, in the 3rd QTR he got caught in a pack that was chasing a loose ball in Bendigo's forward 50 and it seemed like the injury occurred as the ball bounced and changed direction and Shaz turned to chase it.

Agree - They just said it’s his knee and you get the feeling it’s his ACL or PCL

No, YOU get the feeling. ;)

Let's just wait and see. No point saying people are idiots and assuming the worst when we don't know.

Just because there's an empty space, it doesn't mean we have to fill it with hot air.

This exactly. They probably did the test and got the bad news and hoping for test to bring better news

This is my feel unfortunately. With this one I'm taking the general view that no news is bad news :(

Fingers crossed for Shaz though!

This is my feel unfortunately. With this one I'm taking the general view that no news is bad news :(

Fingers crossed for Shaz though!
Same. The club would be at lengths for good news to surface about injurys. They know. I hope its not a Luke ball scenario where they send him out already injured. If so the fan forum could get ugly.

Really hope to be wrong.

Don't agree - overtraining can lead to impaired movement and uneven development both of which can cause you to pick up an ankle, knee or hip problem. Sanderson had an issue two years ago with overtraining which he rectified very publicly this year. Surprise they're in the eight. Basically the team has been broken off the field.

Show us the figures and stats of all player training loads...

Show us the figures and stats of all player training loads...

That's unfair, IMO. You know that he can't provide that data. I could just as easily ask you to show us the figures to prove him wrong...

It's an opinion that's all, so why don't we try to avoid going down that sort of path?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back