Season 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

i watched mitta v dederang yesty n have a question r dederang a good forward short of a chance at tha premiship i do believe dicketts is more value as a defender and wonder have they got any betta options?

Mitta's scores have indeed been low. Struggled to kick over 10 goals for the last 4 or 5 weeks.

What is going on with coaching positions next year ?

Barny: Burgess, 1st year so will probably go again, but rumoured to be in for the Rovers job.
Beechworth: Romeril stood down, searching.
Chiltern: Dickins not coaching, searching.
Dederang: Dicketss done 2 years, job would be his if he wants it.
Kiewa: Plenty of rumours from the nest that only a flag will save Bone.
Mitta: Cohen again despite upsetting plenty of the locals.
Rutherglen: Definitely Sarue, they love him down there.
Tallangatta: Mathey again.
Thurgoona: Hargreaves appointed.
Wahgunyah: 1st yr coach so probably go again.
Wodonga: Butters finishing, job available to those who want it.
Yack: Been disappointing but probably Lillis again.

Anyone confirm or deny or add anything ?

Im gonna throw Hargraves from Yarra up for the Yack spot, I believe he has bought a business there

Brothers coaching against each other, that would be interesting.
Is Lillis not a shoo-in for the job ??

v Tim Hargreaves, would think not. Would be great watching Two-Bob and Timmy go at it though. No wonder Danny is running past PPs and the Thurgoona Bakery now and not ducking in with a bit of extra motivation there :D.

your reserves are only there to make up the numbers pal and like just like your senior team they will be given a football lesson. i reckon those three other clubs will be happy to sit out of the finals rather than embarass themselves like your side will in front of a finals crowd. aint nobody gonna remember who finished 6th 7th or 8th but they'll remember the sides that made a dick of themselves come finals time.

your club is a rabble

Was that win on the weekend just making up the numbers? I dont think we ebarrassed ourselves either.

Was that win on the weekend just making up the numbers? I dont think we ebarrassed ourselves either.

wow you beat chiltern. there about as useless as you lot. get over our boys this week and then you'll realise how inspiring your boys are.

Dicketts isnt doing Dederang.What happened with Dickins at Chiltern?Why wouldnt he be going again?

You'll note that Butters from Wodonga is going too. Apparently the old foggies who run this great league are cracking down on smutty last names and reckon there's no room for "Dicks" or "Butts" running around the TDFL.

Just to give you the heads up there switch, the league is looking closely at the following for a please explain:

Samuel Creamer - Dederang
Matthew Tinkler - Mitta
and
Clayton Wood -Wodonga
Andrew Wood-Tallangatta
Glen Wood - Chiltern

v Tim Hargreaves, would think not. Would be great watching Two-Bob and Timmy go at it though. No wonder Danny is running past PPs and the Thurgoona Bakery now and not ducking in with a bit of extra motivation there :D.

Don't worry Gunny ensures they still turn over a healthy profit Big Al. :D

Brothers coaching against each other, that would be interesting.
Is Lillis not a shoo-in for the job ??

Lillis will be doin the job at Yack again,despite the club not doin real well they were struck hard by the injury stick plus a few of the hume leaugue boys might have found it a bit harder with the in close footy that most clubs play.

Lillis will be doin the job at Yack again,despite the club not doin real well they were struck hard by the injury stick plus a few of the hume leaugue boys might have found it a bit harder with the in close footy that most clubs play.

What about jimbob21?? The whisper from sandy creek sat is lillis will move aside for him.
Looking foward to kiewa sat wonder if bone will show the replay of last years GF for some extra motivation.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

latest news out of thurgoona: the return of d.murray a real possibility. is back in albury and will be playing at either thurgoona or one of the hume league clubs next season. andrews miller and murray would take some stopping with hargraves and semmler winning it out of the middle...fingers crossed. derek also said if he comes likely to bring someone with him but more on that later, already given to much away

latest news out of thurgoona: the return of d.murray a real possibility. is back in albury and will be playing at either thurgoona or one of the hume league clubs next season. andrews miller and murray would take some stopping with hargraves and semmler winning it out of the middle...fingers crossed. derek also said if he comes likely to bring someone with him but more on that later, already given to much away

i had heard he was already going to jindera,

If the D Murray and D Andrews rumours are correct, could make Thurgoona a very interesting side to watch in '09.

As for semi-final week

KSC -v- Mitta.
I would think KSC would have to have the upper hand here, Mitta haven't had the beset of runs over the last month and coming off a tough game last week I would have to tip Kiewa by 1-2 goals, but as always, wouldn't be surprised to see Mitta pull out a win, should be a cracker.

DMB -v- Barnawartha.
Simple question, who wants it the most. The answer to that question I think will be your winner, DMB have been most people's (including my own) choice for 3rd all year but Barny I think will be desperate to change that perception. Pretty even accross the board but I'm going DMB by 15pts.

Good luck to all teams, seniors, ressies, thirds, fourths and netballers, looking forward to a good weekend of footy.

Maggots for week 2

Seniors
KSC v Mitta - J Robinson, R Sangster
DMB v Barny - K Wright, C Taylor

Maggos
Mitta v Barny - P Lonergan, N Powles
KSC v WS - G Mathewson, D Mann

what happened to MITTA ??? thats a flogging . Maybe these facts haven't been looked at yet. They would have a average age of 30 plus.they play pack to pack footy and can't keep up with faster,running sides.To many chages each week makes it hard to gel.Plus riding there hope on a 45 year old (Flo).but give him credit he can still play.So maybe it cold be Kiewa's year but i'm tipping Barny. if they win today they will go all the way.

In the end records are to be broken.

lost:
21 billy goats- last seen at sandy creek on saturday afternoon heading up the gap back to mitta with there tales between there legs
anyone with information please contact mitta united football club

lost:
21 billy goats- last seen at sandy creek on saturday afternoon heading up the gap back to mitta with there tales between there legs
anyone with information please contact mitta united football club

Nice work jack. Indeed they were made look like goats. KSC had them covered in every position on the ground and totally made them look 2nd rate - and didn't everyone in the crowd love it (except their own supporters of course). It was terrific to see them trying their hardest to intimidate Kiewa but with no success - they only managed to frustrate themselves even more. As much as I hate mitta, I do hope they beat DMtB though as I think they would come out stinging in the GF and try and reverse some of that humiliation that they copped. It wont work though - KSC have learn't from the past and got their measure. KSC vs Mitta will be a much more interesting GF to watch than KSC vs DMtB as KSC will totally destroy DMtB in a boring GF.

Nice work jack. Indeed they were made look like goats. KSC had them covered in every position on the ground and totally made them look 2nd rate - and didn't everyone in the crowd love it (except their own supporters of course). It was terrific to see them trying their hardest to intimidate Kiewa but with no success - they only managed to frustrate themselves even more. As much as I hate mitta, I do hope they beat DMtB though as I think they would come out stinging in the GF and try and reverse some of that humiliation that they copped. It wont work though - KSC have learn't from the past and got their measure. KSC vs Mitta will be a much more interesting GF to watch than KSC vs DMtB as KSC will totally destroy DMtB in a boring GF.

Beware of The Sleeping Giant is an old saying i spose but i think u will find if DMB beat Mitta and get 2 play against Kiewa it will be a lot closer than many think it will be

yes the kiewa supporters were certainly happy on saturday. I have seen them like this before a little bit over a year ago. Maybe they don't realise at this stage they have achieved nothing except choke in an unloseable grand final

yes the kiewa supporters were certainly happy on saturday. I have seen them like this before a little bit over a year ago. Maybe they don't realise at this stage they have achieved nothing except choke in an unloseable grand final

You're living in the past Boxer!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back