Injury Season 2012: Injury and Rehab List (Post injuries here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Season 2012: Injury and Rehab List

I'd hope that they do not rush Morris back and give him ample time to regain leg strength. I don't believe that they would and Macca seems level headed, but breaks and fracture injuries take longer to recover the older you get.

HS reported that Griff has had surgery on his finger/hand that he broke against the Cats. The club still thinks he will be ok to play round 1, with a protective guard, but not ideal preperation for one of our most important players.

Not good. Let's hope he heals fast. He's one of the last people we need not 100%.

Sensible decision to leave Griffen out. We have seen in recent years what happens when we play injured players. They don't perform and they end up having longer time on the sidelines. Both the team and the player suffer as a result. Just ask Lake.

Better to have him in Round 2 or 3 when he's definitely ready.
Maybe it will give another young kid a chance to show what he's capable of.

Sensible decision to leave Griffen out. We have seen in recent years what happens when we play injured players. They don't perform and they end up having longer time on the sidelines. Both the team and the player suffer as a result. Just ask Lake.

Better to have him in Round 2 or 3 when he's definitely ready.
Maybe it will give another young kid a chance to show what he's capable of.

Couldn't agree more.

A positive to take out of the Griffen situation is that the injury is to his hand, so shouldn't restrict him in anyway once it has healed up. I would be a lot more concerned jn the context of our whole season if he had a problem like a knee or ankle injury. We're unlikely to hear come the end of the year that a broken finger had been troubling him all season, whilst you often get these sort of reports if a player has issues with other parts of their body.

Re: Bulldogs lose Ryan Griffen for opener

damn, luckly we have some good depth to fill his role, but good that they are not going to risk his good hand and give him a rest.

Sucks to hear about that news about Griffen. I had him locked into my supercoach team, now I'm considering whether I should take him out.

Would be very handy if one of your GWS emergencies scored a 100 and you need a zero for only a week.

My guess for the round 1 side to be announced in 3 days:

B: Addison, Markovic, Hargrave
HB: Murphy, Lake, Wood
C: Sherman, Boyd, Picken
HF: JGrant, Roughead, Higgins
FF: Dahlhaus, Jones, Giansuiracusa
R: Minson, Cross, Cooney

IC: Liberatore, T.Dickson, Howard
Sub: C.Smith

Emer: Wallis, Cordy, Skinner

Out Injured: Djekurra, Gilbee, Griffen, Williams, Morris

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Latest article on the dogs in The Age has Morris completing a directional change session with Footy a few weeks away. Good signs.

Interesting. Directional could mean a position/role change. Lets see what pans out with Macca & co.

Interesting. Directional could mean a position/role change. Lets see what pans out with Macca & co.

Don't they mean directional change off the leg in question?

Can anyone shed any news on Hargrave?

I heard he was subbed off early against Geelong with a foot issue. I assumed it was precautionary, but then read today in the AGE (see below) that he was absent from training. Are the two linked? Has he not trained since the Geelong match?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/relaxed-and-comfortable-20120326-1vurj.html

-------
McCartney said Brian Lake would do more in Thursday's main session than yesterday, and absentee Ryan Hargrave would train and definitely play.
-------

Great news on Morris, so at least we can see that he's on the mend, but I don't expect to see him play for the dogs until rounds 8 to 10 at best.

Gilbee and Tutt also back for Willi this week so that's terrific news also. Austin is back too. So only Moles and Williams on the list now aside from Morris and Griff who should only be a week maybe 2?

I have not heard anything either way on Hargrave. I hope he's ok he will be needed this week!

Read on another forum that Hargrave is carrying an injury and will carry it all season but no source was provided. Was pretty dubious but I see here that there is some substance to it but very little detail.

Does anyone know the nature of the injury? Is it a foot injury?

Did Hargrave train yesterday?
Was he even subbed off against Geelong can't find anywhere saying he was.

Might have been precautionary. I havent heard any reports that Hargrave is injured but I do believe they took a conservative approach with him in the NAB cup

Not sure what the point of this thread is here if nobody posts. Expected to see something about Howard's knee/leg/ankle but obviously he's ok and will play a full game next week....:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back