Injury Injuries 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo's entire injury list but Taberner will be available against us... many tests this week. Of course.
Even with our outs. If can't beat them in Melbourne we might as well switch the lights off and call it a season.

They are so middle of the road that if they stop moving, a council worker would paint white lines all over them.

Even with our outs. If can't beat them in Melbourne we might as well switch the lights off and call it a season.

They are so middle of the road that if they stop moving, a council worker would paint white lines all over them.

I still have nightmares about last years game vs Freo at Marvel

One of the worst games I have attended

Still don’t know how to describe that game

Ouch! 10 weeks Jones Behind Bont probably our most important player. That makes playing finals tough. Bloody indiscriminate kick must have had a fair bit of power behind it.

Unreal. The amount of very high grade hamstrings. How!? Teams would be lucky to average one a season and we've had 4 or 5 within a month.

Year on year the same teams (Melbourne, Brisbane ect) have 1 or 2 on there injury list. Brisbane its always Zorko and Gardiner. That's about it. Meanwhile ours constantly gets 10-12 names deep. Every f@$king year.

Let me guess.

Something akin to death by a thousand cuts and simultaneously having teeth removed whilst also being pulled into a black hole, at the centre of which was certain defeat....?

It was horrible, Freo just walked the ball out from our goal square into their forward 50 all day long. Plus Lobb was dogging goals from the boundary 55m out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That swivel-eyed bloke ranting at me early in the season at the Saints game about doing our pre-season at Skinner and how we'd 'pay a price over the year with calves and hammies'.

It made no sense then. Or now.

But I did think of him this week.

He's done for up to 10 weeks ie Geelong game.

If we play finals he'll probably come in

Could also be 8 weeks depending how he heals
At least with his injury, he'll be running within a couple of weeks and probably completing most of training not long after (with no contact) so he'll be able to keep himself in ripping nick.

At least with his injury, he'll be running within a couple of weeks and probably completing most of training not long after (with no contact) so he'll be able to keep himself in ripping nick.
Yeah, don't think he's done.

Who knows.. could be 8 weeks inclusive of the bye. But still should be back

m8 i was running two weeks after doing my arm, no chance he loses fitness, it'll be ''as soon as that arm is solid your back in''

Jones obviously the story here. Going to be extremely challenging from with him gone.

What amazes me though is that every hammy we’ve had have been long term. No standard 3 weekers.
Treloar missed three weeks but even his hamstrings were on the small scale, he was fit after two weeks with both.

None have been the run of the mill ones.

Unreal. The amount of very high grade hamstrings. How!? Teams would be lucky to average one a season and we've had 4 or 5 within a month.

Year on year the same teams (Melbourne, Brisbane ect) have 1 or 2 on there injury list. Brisbane its always Zorko and Gardiner. That's about it. Meanwhile ours constantly gets 10-12 names deep. Every f@$king year.
Not really.

14 sides currently have at least one player missing with a hamstring injury.

We have 4.

West Coast have 5.

Half of the sides in the competition have 8 or more players on their injury lists right now.

Its not Skinner Reserve.

Not as bad as the Mother’s Day massacre they inflicted on us at Marvel about 10 years ago, we were beaten by 83 that day, one of my lowest feelings as a long term Dogs fan

Not as bad as the Mother’s Day massacre they inflicted on us at Marvel about 10 years ago, we were beaten by 83 that day, one of my lowest feelings as a long term Dogs fan

Try 20 years ago if it is the same game you are referring to ? Time flies

11 05 2003?

Peter Rhode coach explains heaps so half expected.

Rhode era tested my resolve supporting the Dogs.

Not really.

14 sides currently have at least one player missing with a hamstring injury.

We have 4.

West Coast have 5.

Half of the sides in the competition have 8 or more players on their injury lists right now.

Its not Skinner Reserve.

Im talking about significant hamstrings. How many of those are 8-10 weekers like all 4 of ours? I can only think of a handfull from across all other clubs.

I'm not blaming Skinner by the way. It just fascinates me year on year certain clubs get away with minimal injuries throughout the year.

Saying atleast we are better off than West Coast, who are arguably in the midst of the worst injury crisis in the history of the game this season, isn't exactly inspiring.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back