Injury Injuries 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sure he and Bruce would still rehab at the club. Plenty of opportunity for discussing their favourite revolutionaries with Bev.
Agreed. We shouldn’t be giving players that would be delisted a contract due to injury. Provide the players with full club support and resources to help with the recovery.

Agreed. We shouldn’t be giving players that would be delisted a contract due to injury. Provide the players with full club support and resources to help with the recovery.
Both are great club men and would be great to have around the afl, aflw and vfl programs.

I reckon both will announce their retirements ahead of the de-listing period is my guess. As cruel as it is to say, but we will have two list spots opened up before any hard calls are needed to be made. Will make the list management calls a little easier. And I would not be surprised if a third player ends up retiring as well.

Last edited:
I feel like the Bevo "favourites" line has become a bit overblown around here. Mitch Hannan is just a mature depth player that all teams have and has shown decent VFL form this year, while being a "favourite" will finish the season on 3 full games this season in 1s. McComb has played 1 full game despite being healthy most of the year. These are two players constantly being called Bevo's favourites who barely saw any game time in the 1s and meanwhile brand new guys like Poulter, JOD, Baker etc have come in and played a ton more games.

I feel like the Bevo "favourites" line has become a bit overblown around here. Mitch Hannan is just a mature depth player that all teams have and has shown decent VFL form this year, while being a "favourite" will finish the season on 3 full games this season in 1s. McComb has played 1 full game despite being healthy most of the year. These are two players constantly being called Bevo's favourites who barely saw any game time in the 1s and meanwhile brand new guys like Poulter, JOD, Baker etc have come in and played a ton more games.
This year we have more depth with the likes of Baker, JOD and Poulter. I think last year people were rightly miffed that McComb and Hannan were getting far more opportunities than West, Garcia, Khamis etc when it seems quite clear those players have more potential.

I think the manner of selection / omission is also a big factor. Some players definitely have to earn it more than others, Cleary being the latest example. When you look at how Bevo persisted with Gardner and, to a lesser extent, JOD it doesn’t seem that ability and performance on gameday are the only factors in play.

Update of the club’s injury list

Injury List | Round 23

Tom Liberatore (concussion): TBC
Jason Johannisen (calf) : test
Roarke Smith (foot): test
Tim O’Brien (hamstring): test
Riley Garcia (hamstring): test
Robbie McComb (concussion): 1 week
Anthony Scott (concussion): available
Sam Darcy (quad): 2 weeks
Dom Bedendo (groin): indefinite
Josh Bruce (knee): indefinite
Mitch Hannan (Achilles): indefinite

Update of the club’s injury list

Injury List | Round 23

Tom Liberatore (concussion): TBC
Jason Johannisen (calf) : test
Roarke Smith (foot): test
Tim O’Brien (hamstring): test
Riley Garcia (hamstring): test
Robbie McComb (concussion): 1 week
Anthony Scott (concussion): available
Sam Darcy (quad): 2 weeks
Dom Bedendo (groin): indefinite
Josh Bruce (knee): indefinite
Mitch Hannan (Achilles): indefinite
I’ve missed Roarke Smith 🥲

I hope that Roarke gets to be part of our VFL push for finals. I don't think he plays seniors for us again but he has been reliable depth when healthy and knows the role that he needs to play.

Was one of our best in the 2021 grand final and still stood up when we were getting overrun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back